Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Amazing Spider-Man#9 Discussion and Spoilers

spoilers:
    We get flashbacks to Felicia's childhood as her father deposits several stolen items in front of a fountain, Felicia years later takes Spidey to the same spot and reveals it is a Thieves Guild hideout, and that she is an honorary member. Meanwhile, Mary Jane reconnects with Peter's BND era love interest Carlie Cooper, who is actually happy MJ and Peter are back together, but reveals she dealt with a lot of emotional baggage after leaving town, as knowing Peter's identity and the risks he took really weighed heavily on her. She recommends a group called The Lookouts to Mary Jane, which is ran by Jarvis (who founded it with Janet Van Dyne), and uses technology supplied by both Stark and Doctor Strange to guarantee lasting anonymity between the members. The members faces are all hidden, but you can tell who they are from their dialogue...one of them is Ganke. Jarvis urges a hesitant Mary Jane to give the group a chance.

Meanwhile, Peter gets into an argument with Felicia after they find the stash of stolen superhero items, as Felicia wants to sell some of it on the market, but the two are interrupted by Odessa Drake and her guild ninjas
    end of spoilers

Shouldn't he remember both the Spider-Man and Peter Parker parts after merging? It doesn't make sense why he only remembers the Peter Parker stuff.

'The Lookups' is... eh. But I liked this:

Hey, Carlie's not dead. Imagine that.

The Lookups are...

1: Foggy Nelson
    2: Not 100% sure. Wong, maybe?
    3: Peggy Rae Burdick (Scott Lang's ex-wife and mother of Cassie Lang.)
    4: Ganke Lee
    5: Pepper Potts
    6: Willie Lumpkin

i like the idea of the Lookups, unfortunately, I can only see it failing and hurting the heroes in the long run. Seeing Carlie is nice but i thought she had a disfigurement from the green goblin arc in Superior. Mj was great in this issue
    also I can only point out Ganke from the group who were the other members?

Wasnt Carlie some Goblin Monster last time we saw her ?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post

Highlight of the issue.

I like where this is going.

Stan would be proud of the job Nick Spencer is doing on his greatest creation.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post

God, it's great to have the real MJ back.

Another really great and interesting issue. The Lookups is a really unique and cool idea, with all those great little cameos, and Carlie's return was nice to see. I'm really curious to see how it will fit into the overall narrative, maybe it'll give us an excuse to get a "flashback" or retrospective story from MJ.

And if I'm assuming correctly, it seems like the Lookups may be a recent group, since Jarvis' injury seems to be referencing what happened in No Surrender.

I love the idea of the Lookups. It feels like one of those uniquely necessary things to any superhero world. I think MJ would fit right in. I hope we see more of that in the next issue.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

lookups kinda felt like a marvel version of the sanctuary idea, but with the heroes sidekics/loved ones instead.

If Rick Jones weren't currently dead, he would be all over this group.

(Also, Jarvis runs it? Are they retconning Skrull-Jarvis now?)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    lookups kinda felt like a marvel version of the sanctuary idea, but with the heroes sidekics/loved ones instead.
    Crossed my mind also.

Mighty Member

Wild speculation: Someone hacks/infiltrates Lookups and gets the names of the various participants, but not the associated heroes (that is, they know Ganke knows someone, but not who). Kind of a mix of Heroes in Crisis and Identity Crisis (loved ones of heroes in danger, don't know who the villain is).
    Blue text denotes sarcasm