Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    LOL. You mean his solo MINI series that is a continuation of this and... Uncanny which launches today? Not exactly Wolverine, Storm, Cyclops, Jean, or Kitty. lol...
    IKR? Save Jean, the rest are pretty routine. The upcoming X-tracts' "Patty Hearst" Kitty is the most interesting she's been in a while, tho, I will say that.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    The last issue of the Iceman mini only came out a few weeks ago
    So? We just had two weeks in a row of ASM a few weeks ago. I see no reason they couldn't have scheduled Winter's End for the same week as UXM 10.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    So? We just had two weeks in a row of ASM a few weeks ago. I see no reason they couldn't have scheduled Winter's End for the same week as UXM 10.
    Well, they obviously DID have a reason or they wouldn’t have done it, would they!
    They don’t have to tell us they’re scheduling reasons. Just let them get on with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The same artist, Nathan Stockman, is on both Iceman #5 and Uncanny X-Men Winter's End. You're saying that he should have gotten two months worth of work done in half the time for some arbitrary sense of "all comics happening at the same time"

Ottley is the main artist on Amazing Spider-Man, it's a regular gig for him. He is given plenty of notice and a lot of lead time to build up a buffer. This is a special oneshot that they didn't necessarily plan on making until this mini had already been in production
    Last edited by Beetle; 02-03-2019 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    And Daken...
    Was talking about Teen Bobby.

Though speaking of Daken, have they brought him back yet? Winter's End seems like a good fit for him.

Astonishing Member

On average a artist needs about a month and a half or lead time for a normal lengh comic. Spiderman is written at least 7+ months in advance and the x line as a whole has garbage time managed. Look at retuen it keep heting delay and filling artist because they gave McNiven very little lead time and uncanny needed to be rushed out to meet deadlines. The fact that its coming out on time should be considered a miracle

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    On average a artist needs about a month and a half or lead time for a normal lengh comic. Spiderman is written at least 7+ months in advance and the x line as a whole has garbage time managed. Look at retuen it keep heting delay and filling artist because they gave McNiven very little lead time and uncanny needed to be rushed out to meet deadlines. The fact that its coming out on time should be considered a miracle
    Or just look at Larraz on Extermination. Huge delays despite him being able to do a weekly in No Surrender.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post

Though speaking of Daken, have they brought him back yet? Winter's End seems like a good fit for him.
    Not yet. Last we saw of him, he was a mindless soldier for Soteira. He’ll probably get better eventually (possibly as a result of his Death Seed) but for now he’s out of commission.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Ottley is the main artist on Amazing Spider-Man, it's a regular gig for him. He is given plenty of notice and a lot of lead time to build up a buffer. This is a special oneshot that they didn't necessarily plan on making until this mini had already been in production
    Bad example. ASM art duties are shared with Humberto Ramos.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post

Last I checked he was dead and captured by some evil shady organization, I don't think he can appear anywhere......

Ugh, they brought back the artist from the mini. I wasnt a fan of his style there

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Ugh, they brought back the artist from the mini. I wasnt a fan of his style there
    It was serviceable to decent in some spots, but... yeah.

stockman > gill > the rest
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Good lord the shitty characters from BoTA lmao
    Right? And leave Bobsters alone!
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 02-03-2019 at 10:32 PM.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Because they are finally giving him his time to shine. Fans say stop pushing Wolverine or Deadpool everywhere and give other characters a chance, but when they do you still get comments a complaining. I’ve come to realise that fans really mean that they only want their faves pushed and no one else.

Bobby’s push was well overdue and deserved, it doesn’t take away from any other character and if people don’t like it then don’t read. It’s simple. No offence intended, but comments like these are the reason why only the same few characters get pushed. Complaining about an underused character getting a push just ensures that it’s less likely to happen again with other characters.
    A+++ I was trying to say this a while ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Is it overdue though? I mean, over time we’ve seen Marvel try to push certain X-Men with solos of their own and, mostly outside of Wolverine, they never really catch on. Most of the X-Men work well within the team setting and just don’t work as well solo. Logan works because he has deep rooted connections to the outside MU which is why he can work solo. Can’t really say that for most of the X-Men.
    Iceman has been a Champion and a Defender. He was part of the temporary duo Fire and Ice with Johnny Storm. He was one of the cast in the Spider-Man and his Amazing friends cartoon. Outside MU Bobby has in spades!