Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    I could see the backlash on twitter happening for it. That's pretty much where a majority of MU Writers live now of days. I'm almost positive that is the reason for it.

Iceman may get use on the FF later but his random presences... on a team that "large" ....and barley doing anything feels a lot like how they have used Falcon, Bishop, and a few other black characters over the years. Instead of giving those characters actual depth and purpose they where there to check some box.

But not trying to make a thing of it. Just sorta felt that way when I read it.
    Slott doesn't seem the type to add a character just for that and there has been no outrage over the teams lack of LGBT representation. The more likely reason is that Slott just wanted to use the character so put him in, maybe he was inspired by the Ultimate Universe version who was close friends with Johnny and the team. This could be his way of bringing that to 616. Plus one of the main cast would have to be LGBT to count as representation instead of a guest that will eventually leave.

I'm just happy that this sets up a potential team-up story down the road.
    Last edited by Crimz; 11-14-2018 at 01:02 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

If Marvel follows up on this there is a great story potential with DAKEN!
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    If Marvel follows up on this there is a great story potential with DAKEN!
    how so? ....

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    how so? ....
    It could follow up on Daken and Johnnys relationship from Daken's solo and his new dynamic with Iceman.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

It could follow up on Daken and Johnnys relationship from Daken's solo and his new dynamic with Iceman.
    Relationship? Is Johnny bi?

Marjorie Liu intended for him to be in her Daken run.

Last edited by Crimz; 11-14-2018 at 07:08 PM.

Please don't encourage them. It never ends well Basically Johnny and Daken have a bromance. Not really sure where it started given that Daken was definitely a villain back in Dark Rein but Johnny is one of the few people who genuinely is Daken's friend.

I have a feeling Iceman was just mistakenly put in the group shot of Fantastic Four #2 by Sara Pichelli. Instead of ignoring it, Dan Slott exploited the inclusion by turning it into something humorous with potential for a later story. He also was able to work around the accidental absence of the Hulk in the previous group shot and gave him a cameo in this issue. I don't think there's any ulterior reason like adding some LGBT representation.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    I have a feeling Iceman was just mistakenly put in the group shot of Fantastic Four #2 by Sara Pichelli. Instead of ignoring it, Dan Slott exploited the inclusion by turning it into something humorous with potential for a later story. He also was able to work around the accidental absence of the Hulk in the previous group shot and gave him a cameo in this issue. I don't think there's any ulterior reason like adding some LGBT representation.
    Yeah that is most likely answer

Hey, very cool, might as well roll with it, so many other surrogate members were basically one-arc, one-story fill-ins, anyway. Heh.

Yeah. Maybe Slott could let Sina Grace write a Fantastic Four Annual, in which that noodle incident involving Iceman joining the FF against Namor would be explained? The story, of course, would be set before Secret Wars - but I'd place it after Uncanny X-Men #600, thus after he was outed as gay, and after Fantastic Four #645. There was a timeskip there in Avengers, before the Time Runs Out arc. Bobby could maybe replace Reed when he went on the run. Maybe he was a back up option, Spider-Man being busy in Spider-Man and the X-Men?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Johnny and Bobby's moist Namor adventure. Yeah. That's it.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I'm sure Bobby's time in the FF will make for one fun story one day, especially if Dan Slott writes it... But what about the giant pink Wolverine in the room getting ignored by everyone? Is Ororo back to taking naps?

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

We’ll probably get that story one day, be it as the annual or a one and done inbetween arc issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    I'm sure Bobby's time in the FF will make for one fun story one day, especially if Dan Slott writes it... But what about the giant pink Wolverine in the room getting ignored by everyone? Is Ororo back to taking naps?
    Meh there are so many wolverines running around these days that I doubt the sight of a giant pink one was hardly surprising.