Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I think her final reaction definitely makes sense when it comes to the island, but she seems remorseful when she kills Ares, which seemed a bit odd.
    No, I can get it. Ares dares her to hit him with the sword, and Grail does it without reflecting over it. It's only afterwards she realises that she never thought what she wanted to do.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Yeah, I wish Rucka had taken the opportunity with Rebirth to make Etta more in line with her classic self, though even he was going along with precedent established by the New 52, Perez and the Bronze Age. Etta in this position is always kind of bland, so I don't blame GWW too much, because this is what she has to work with.

Earth One and LoWW Etta blow Rebirth Etta out of the water.
    Agreed. Movie Etta is another really good one, where she isn't young anymore. It's another example of the way that putting these characters into a bureaucracy can corrupt them.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    The main story is regular length for a DC comic. The Aquaman preview was extra pages added to the book, not pages taken from the main story.
    *checks* Ah, I'm glad I can safely leave crazy-ass conspiracy town then. Thanks.

ETA: But it still leave the puzzle of the inconsistent art in this issue.
    Last edited by kjn; 11-15-2018 at 08:20 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    The golden age one was beefy and bulky. This one is blond, the golden age one and the one for the first five pages of this issue is dark haired.

Golden Age Mars was depicted as a red head. I don't recall whether he was later depicted as a red head as well, possibly because we didn't see him with his helmet off, but in an early Bronze Age appearance we can see he's still red-headed by his beard.

Astonishing Member

I found this issue to be more enjoyable than the last few issues so its an improvement. I'm guessing that Ares is possessing Steve's body.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Sigh. If true and she doesn't fly, just another reason for me to never buy her comics or even get really excited about her movies.

Let's see what would happen if a certain alpha male in the DCEU has lost the ability to fly. Methinks we can wait until hell freezes over for that to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I bought this yesterday but haven't read it yet. From looking at the gorgeous Dodson cover and then flipping through the book, the interior art is jarring. The interior art is very inconsistent and minimalistic. Diana looks too skinny and her hair looks thin and greasy yet choppy. Why couldn't DC get Dodson to do the interiors as well?
    Not sure if they could keep up with a bi-weekly schedule, but for sure it would be a beautiful book to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Sigh. If true and she doesn't fly, just another reason for me to never buy her comics or even get really excited about her movies.

Let's see what would happen if a certain alpha male in the DCEU has lost the ability to fly. Methinks we can wait until hell freezes over for that to happen.
    “Alpha male”? Lmao DCEU Supes was as pathetic and useless as it gets. He also lost the ability to appear in movies unlike Diana who looks to have another strong showing in her upcoming sequel. I seriously doubt comic Diana can’t fly anymore.

Spectacular Member

Ares taking possession of Steve’s body... maybe it’s an update of the whole Captain Wonder concept! �� E6027805-3DDD-4C34-832A-A1C8A7310FBE.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    “Alpha male”? Lmao DCEU Supes was as pathetic and useless as it gets. He also lost the ability to appear in movies unlike Diana who looks to have another strong showing in her upcoming sequel. I seriously doubt comic Diana can’t fly anymore.
    What would be the point in making her weaker and unable to fly? I am tired of DC giving WW the short end of the stick. How long has it been since we saw a powerhouse Wonder Woman in the comics?, why is it so hard for them to write her as a powerhouse? That is what she is supposed to be.

Mixed bag for me. Writing wasn't bad, on the other hand art was at times rather rough. I don't like Grail and I hope we won't see her in following issues.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

He certainly was the alpha male in his fight against the Justice League. To say he curbstomped the league might be understating it.

By the way, from looking at the artwork on previews and Scans Daily, it looked awful.

Chiang might have been better and I didn't think his art was great.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Probably because it takes lot of money to show an OP character like Superman while WW can be made in low budget since she can't fly, uses a shield like Captain America and the heaviest thing she lifts is a tank with great effort.

Meanwhile Superman is casually taking on World engine, tanking nukes, destroying cities and towns like they were made of cardboard.

Aquaman and Green lantern had bigger budget than her movie.
    Last edited by Geraldofrivia; 11-16-2018 at 04:58 AM.

To get back to the issue at hand, I wonder who the kid is. It's also rather clear that the pegasus, minotaur (which I believe is a cow rather than a bull), and the satyr (who seems to be a mix of the personality of a satyr and the body of a faun) are the "them" that the sniper refers to, before he and Diana were rudely interrupted by Etta Candy. But is what happened to their home because of Ares's release or due to the events in "The Witching Hour"?

Quote Originally Posted by starlight25 View Post
    What would be the point in making her weaker and unable to fly?
    It puts her more in line with her DCEU counterpart, that may also be the reason Cary Nord draws her so thin.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    It puts her more in line with her DCEU counterpart, that may also be the reason Cary Nord draws her so thin.
    I dislike how Nord draws her, and he drew her sword so small it looked like a dagger on the final page. I’d rather she use the lasso but if they’re going to draw her wielding a sword they might as well draw it well. Hope Nord improves or leaves the book.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    He certainly was the alpha male in his fight against the Justice League. To say he curbstomped the league might be understating it.

By the way, from looking at the artwork on previews and Scans Daily, it looked awful.

Chiang might have been better and I didn't think his art was great.
    It was an utterly moronic idea for him to curb stomp them like he did.

You didn’t like Chiang? I’m shocked, his art was one of the reasons I loved that run. His designs for the gods were some A+ stuff, and he drew a great Diana too imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    Probably because it takes lot of money to show an OP character like Superman while WW can be made in low budget since she can't fly, uses a shield like Captain America and the heaviest thing she lifts is a tank with great effort.

Meanwhile Superman is casually taking on World engine, tanking nukes, destroying cities and towns like they were made of cardboard.

Aquaman and Green lantern had bigger budget than her movie.
    They thought she’d fail so no surprise they didn’t support her. I’m sure her budget for WW84 is much higher now though.