Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Does it really count as cosmic stuff if it's just a retelling/connecting his previous lives? Because I don't feel that it's been all that cosmicy at all.

Yeah there have been cosmic things in the book but the over all feel of the book, at least to me, has been more adventurey.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

The Son of Suns Clairaudient Freedom Soldier's Avatar

Another stellar issue by Venditti and Hitch, phenomenal work! Each issue of Hawkman has been a home run, a top 3 comic book in the DC/Marvel landscape. Wonderful issue!
    Take a couple of minutes and check out this new comic book, friends: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...no-more-crises

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Does it really count as cosmic stuff if it's just a retelling/connecting his previous lives? Because I don't feel that it's been all that cosmicy at all.
    As far as I was aware, Hawkman never had past-lives that involved Krypton or Zeta-beams.
    I though his past lives had primarily been Earth-based (with the exception of the Katar Hol / Thanagar version). But then again, I only read some of the Hawkman stuff post-1995, so who knows how mangled a mess it became after he was killed / brought back / killed again / brought back again ad infinitum.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    As far as I was aware, Hawkman never had past-lives that involved Krypton or Zeta-beams.
    I though his past lives had primarily been Earth-based (with the exception of the Katar Hol / Thanagar version). But then again, I only read some of the Hawkman stuff post-1995, so who knows how mangled a mess it became after he was killed / brought back / killed again / brought back again ad infinitum.
    The idea seems to be that Hawkman is being present/reincarnated presumingly anywhere there is life in the DC Universe.(Possibly Mostly Earth Humanoid Though) That does mean that he has been some alien races. However, the story isn't really cosmic in nature. He's not flying through the stars or fight cosmic threats. It's mostly been a story of discovery and intrigue. It seem more Indiana Jonesy to me.

I mean if Indiana Jones was a super hero...you get the idea.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

The idea seems to be that Hawkman is being present/reincarnated presumingly anywhere there is life in the DC Universe.(Possibly Mostly Earth Humanoid Though) That does mean that he has been some alien races. However, the story isn't really cosmic in nature. He's not flying through the stars or fight cosmic threats. It's mostly been a story of discovery and intrigue. It seem more Indiana Jonesy to me.

I mean if Indiana Jones was a super hero...you get the idea.
    And if Indiana Jones was travelling to different planets / universes?
    Nah, that's not cosmicy at all!

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    And if Indiana Jones was travelling to different planets / universes?
    Nah, that's not cosmicy at all!
    But Carter really isn't traveling in a Star Wars type way instead more so reliving his past life for a brief moment.

Indiana Jones also had Alien, Mystical, and other Weird Stuff going on in his movies so the comparison still stands.

But Carter really isn't traveling in a Star Wars type way instead more so reliving his past life for a brief moment.

Indiana Jones also had Alien, Mystical, and other Weird Stuff going on in his movies so the comparison still stands.
    You believe what you want to believe.

Me, I'm still staying away for now, waiting to see if the version I care about ever gets dealt with or not (and how). The art doesn't impress me, and Venditti's writing at DC (at least what I've tried) hasn't impressed me that much. (I dropped The Flash when he and Van Jensen took that title over.)

Ok, that's fine.

But in truth from a person who read the book to the person who hasn't...it's not a cosmic title. If that is what's holding you back from at least trying it then there you go barrier removed.

However, if you are just holding out for your ideal version to surface himself then be prepared to wait for a bit.

Ok, that's fine.

But in truth from a person who read the book to the person who hasn't...it's not a cosmic title.
    Your Indiana Jones analogy is perfectly appropriate, DragonsChi. While the book has cosmic elements, I wouldn't at all classify it as a cosmic title, either; no more than I would Star Wars, for example. It's an adventure series at heart, with superhero and sci-fi elements serving as the backdrop.

To be fair, I don't know what the official definition of the genre would be, but I just don't find Hawkman "out there" enough for it to qualify as a cosmic title. And that's a good thing, in my opinion.
    Batman: I need your help finding a man named Vulko.
    Hawkman: You want him dead or alive?
    - Justice League #17

Boisterously Confused

Did anybody else get a sense that Hawkman's expressing loneliness that's setting us up for Hawkwoman's return?

Maybe... but I'm hoping we don't see her in the book for a while. It be nice just to get to know the "new" Hawkman then have the story blogged down with a "will they, wont they" plot. Not only that but the recent shows and a few things I have recently read has pretty much soured me on Hawkgirl/Hawkwoman pairing with Hawkman.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 11-17-2018 at 02:14 PM.

The Son of Suns Clairaudient Freedom Soldier's Avatar

Friends, who's down for an AvION mini-series?
    Take a couple of minutes and check out this new comic book, friends: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...no-more-crises

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

This book continues to be a highlight for me.