Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Luke Cage vs. The Blob

Who wins a clash between Luke Cage and The Blob (prior to being depowered).

Zero Prep Time, Random Encounter on the Streets of New York City.

Can Luke even hurt him?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Can blob just lay on him for the 10 count? Provided he can get him on the ground of course.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Luke Cage could go for the Joe Fixit, "Ultimate Purple-Nurple Method".

Im pretty sure Blob takes this. Luke is juuust outside of his threshold for taking damage methinks.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Im pretty sure Blob takes this. Luke is juuust outside of his threshold for taking damage methinks.
    IDK, in the Arena I might agree, but seeing how this is in New York, Luke might be able to eke out a win, keeping his distance and smacking Blob in the head with girders and tossed objects, etc.

If he gets in close with Blob however, he's in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    IDK, in the Arena I might agree, but seeing how this is in New York, Luke might be able to eke out a win, keeping his distance and smacking Blob in the head with girders and tossed objects, etc.

If he gets in close with Blob however, he's in trouble.
    Ah, I glossed on the environment. I suppose Luke is considerably more agile. He may wear the guy down over a looong period of time. Blob is quite a threat in prolonged h2h. He should avoid that when given the chance.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Welcome to Rumbles btw Nicklypuff! ^_^
    - big_adventure

Cage is more agile than Dukes; though I wouldn't say it's considerable enough to make a difference; Cage isn't known for his speed.

Quote Originally Posted by k von doom View Post
    Cage is more agile than Dukes; though I wouldn't say it's considerable enough to make a difference; Cage isn't known for his speed.
    I'd imagine his vertical is a bit more than Blob allowing him to get up on a building and climb/punch handholds.

If Luke can move the fight into the air that also negates Blob's gravity powers as otherwise Dukes would just plummet, possibly through multiple floors. (Though that wouldn't hurt him.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    I'd imagine his vertical is a bit more than Blob allowing him to get up on a building and climb/punch handholds.

If Luke can move the fight into the air that also negates Blob's gravity powers as otherwise Dukes would just plummet, possibly through multiple floors. (Though that wouldn't hurt him.)
    Cage being that high up just delays the fight though because Cage has no effective range attacks. All Dukes has to do is hold his arm out while Cage drops from a height for a punch and catch him in an inadvertent coat hanger/clothesline type move.

Amazing Member

Thank you for the welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by k von doom View Post
    Cage being that high up just delays the fight though because Cage has no effective range attacks. All Dukes has to do is hold his arm out while Cage drops from a height for a punch and catch him in an inadvertent coat hanger/clothesline type move.
    There's the building.

Cuz I couldn't help it.

What about Luke Blob vs The Cage ?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Cuz I couldn't help it.

What about Luke Blob vs The Cage ?
    The Cage wins via TKO every single time