Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Yeah, Blob has this. This is a guy who goes toe to toe with Colossus and gives him an even fight. Blob's also faster than he looks and he has the ability to catch fists with his body, so getting into a fist fight with Blob is a very bad idea for Luke.

Also, going up the side of a building is probably another bad idea, given Blob can just start chucking cars into the building until it and Luke come crashing down. The environment helps Blob too.

Luke's best bet is to run to the 4 Yancy Street (which I believe is the current HQ of the FF), and throw Ben Grimm at Blob.

Amazing Member

Is Luke Cage able to land a punch to Blob's head that would be able to cause damage? Or his thunderclap?
    Last edited by Nicklypuff; 11-15-2018 at 07:36 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nicklypuff View Post
    Is Luke Cage able to land a punch to Blob's head that would be able to cause damage?
    Possibly. Luke has trained with Iron Fist, so he is a more skilled fighter by far. The problem for Luke is that Fred knows what his weaknesses are, so he can defend his face all day long and not even worry about Luke hitting him anywhere else. Even worse for Luke, if he does try to hit Fred somewhere else, Fred will catch him with his fat folds and then it's 'Good Night Gracie' for Luke.

One more thing to note, despite Blob's appearance, he has the speed and agility of an athlete. This fact has caught so many people off guard, expecting Blob to be slow and getting smacked by the faster than he appears Blob. It simply isn't going to be easy to hit Blob's face.

Or his thunderclap?
    Luke is strong enough to thunderclap? I've never seen anyone under Ben Grimm's strength level to pull that feat off.

Doc Samson and others a bit below Thing have pulled it off. It's not common admittedly, and the Samson one only KOd a regular dude and broke some windows.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Basara View Post
    Luke is strong enough to thunderclap? I've never seen anyone under Ben Grimm's strength level to pull that feat off.
    I remember he did it to Norman Osborn's female appointee when she threatened him with a gun during Dark Reign. She was just a regular human, but he just wanted to brush her off.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    I remember he did it to Norman Osborn's female appointee when she threatened him with a gun during Dark Reign. She was just a regular human, but he just wanted to brush her off.
    So, is it strong enough to knock out Fred? And how susceptible is Luke to a thunderclap? I'm thinking Luke better hope that his thunderclap seriously incapacitates Fred enough to do more than one if the first one doesn't knock him out, or Fred is retaliating with a thunderclap of his own.

But this might be Luke's best chance at winning. Fred has been knocked out by sonic and pressure attacks that target his ears before. It's just a matter of how strong a thunderclap Luke can do.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Good.

Victoria Hand deserved more crap than she got.

I mean isn't Blob flat out stronger than Cage? In which case HE could thunder clap Luke more effectively

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    I mean isn't Blob flat out stronger than Cage? In which case HE could thunder clap Luke more effectively
    He may suffer from CIS :P

Lol, yeah the guy has a decent strength advantage. He doesn't often get into situations where he lifts things, but by presentation and his past opponents, he should be at least 1 rung up on Cage.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

I don't think either of them can really hurt eachother with a Thunderclap. Blob might be able to toss Luke with the force of it though.

Provided Blob can do it. I find of imagine his flab getting in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    I don't think either of them can really hurt eachother with a Thunderclap. Blob might be able to toss Luke with the force of it though.

Provided Blob can do it. I find of imagine his flab getting in the way.
    I mean my wife has difficulty crossing her arms lol. I can only imagine the everyday struggles those moobs cause for Dukes :P
    - big_adventure

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Basara View Post
    Yeah, Blob has this. This is a guy who goes toe to toe with Colossus and gives him an even fight. Blob's also faster than he looks and he has the ability to catch fists with his body, so getting into a fist fight with Blob is a very bad idea for Luke.

Also, going up the side of a building is probably another bad idea, given Blob can just start chucking cars into the building until it and Luke come crashing down. The environment helps Blob too.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator