Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-New Member

Default Was Lockjaw once human?

Hello I'd like to know if Lockjaw was ever human and, like It, ended up looking similar to a creature from Earth as it went through Terrigenesis. If so, how did a creature so large emerge from a husk impossibly smaller than its body? Or did the husk disappear as Lockjaw first attempted to teleport somewhere and became a giant dog upon reentry into normal space, or did the initial teleportation leave the husk in place while teleporting the organism inside? If he was never human, what the hell is that thing? Was he ever a dog at some point? If he was never a human, who or what entity could have been responsible for conducting experiments which led to his creation? Could it have been the Kree? I've read somewhere that Wakanda was responsible for building Attilan in the 1870s as a haven for powered people considered too powerful to fairly challenge the king, but I'm not sure if this is actually true. If the answer to these questions aren't officially known, then what is the best educated guess you could give me, using your knowledge of science, science fiction, and the Marvel universe? Even if there's no explanation for it, there should be some consensus.

Lockjaw being a humanoid who's Terrigenesis turned him into a dog who the Royals then knowingly kept around as a pet is an actual idea John Byrne floated around. It was later retconned by Peter David as a joke played on the Thing. The dog is a dog. The true origin of Lockjaw is found in the 2017 Black Bolt series methinks.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 12-05-2018 at 05:26 PM.

All-New Member

LOL How does that answer my question?

Quote Originally Posted by blunt View Post
    LOL How does that answer my question?
    I've consulted with some scientists and we've created a visual demonstration of Doggygenesis.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Lockjaw had a mini that retconned this.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I've consulted with some scientists and we've created a visual demonstration of Doggygenesis.
    I've never seen something so beautifully terrifying in my life.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Who are these people?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    In the TV show the Genetic Council is comprised of baseline humans. Is this not the case in the comics? Either way I suppose the Genetic Council is responsible. Thanks for getting to the point and answering my question. I appreciate it.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Technically, it was retconned well before that point. So John Byrne made him an Inhuman turned into a dog. It was thematically important to the story and the story doesn't really make much sense otherwise, but that's technically not important to this discussion. Anyway, Marvel was unhappy with that, so they asked Peter David to retcon it and he did in an X-Factor issue. But he did so in a way that was at least somewhat ambiguous, so the debate raged on in fan circles. It never raged on in Marvel comics, which consistently referred to him as a dog after that (with the exception of a wonderful moment in Geoffrey Thorne's Mosaic series). Finally, in Saladin Ahmed's Black Bolt series, they showed flashbacks to Lockjaw's birth as a dog and definitively removed ambiguity. Then Daniel Kibblesmith's Lockjaw mini followed soon after that and elaborated on it.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by blunt View Post
    In the TV show the Genetic Council is comprised of baseline humans. Is this not the case in the comics?
    No, they're Inhumans.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Yep Lockjaw is a dog, or I guess an Incanine. He also has a pup of his own which would also prove he was a regular dog http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Puppy_(Earth-616)

Boisterously Confused

I always liked the Lockjaw was once an Inhuman idea. It gave some sense of the possible consequences of Terrigenesis beyond Triton.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I always liked the Lockjaw was once an Inhuman idea. It gave some sense of the possible consequences of Terrigenesis beyond Triton.
    One guy got turned into a door