Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Wolverine lost his memories and Cyclops will probably regret everything he's done since Jean died because MUH NOSTALGIA.
    This is the astonishing Cyclops, schism forward never happened for him.

Since he was with Emma, I hope he will go seeking her or whatever he got over Jean

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    This is clearly not a bait and switch, don't know why people keep saying that.
    It's just me being a cynical little ****, mate, nothing more. I'm really pumped for Scott's return.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    This is the astonishing Cyclops, schism forward never happened for him.

Since he was with Emma, I hope he will go seeking her or whatever he got over Jean
    The writer of this story already established in his mini that Cyclops never stopped loving Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    So...Cyclops' "Devastating" return is just for one issue, #11? Is it that they are putting the title of the story/issue on the cover now?

The way they are releasing these solicits leave a lot to be desired.
    From what I gather: AoX is a 10-issue, weekly Event that leads out of Disassembled but is completely separate from Uncanny XM. With...UXM 11 and 12 (weekly/bi-monthly who knows?) immediately following Disassembled and focusing on Scott's return.
    It seems that at the end of the "Disassembled" arc the xmen all die or get transported to a new AU created by Nate and thus we get AoX. And Cyke is probably going to be ressed in the UXM annual and he and wolverine are going to fight back at Nate in UXM while in AoX the AU stories are going to be told.

It seems like a lot...
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

This is the fight to pander to fans of the old cartoon, the fight to restore its all-consuming legacy, and this is the fight for an exact recreation of the Jim Lee cover. This is nostalgia.

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    It seems that at the end of the "Disassembled" arc the xmen all die or get transported to a new AU created by Nate and thus we get AoX. And Cyke is probably going to be ressed in the UXM annual and he and wolverine are going to fight back at Nate in UXM while in AoX the AU stories are going to be told.

It seems like a lot...
    If they go and recruit Kid Cable, who jumps into the AoXM about 10-15 years in the past, does some stuff over there to fix reality, and then jumps back as an aged up adult Cable, this will be my favorite thing ever.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    If they go and recruit Kid Cable, who jumps into the AoXM about 10-15 years in the past, does some stuff over there to fix reality, and then jumps back as an aged up adult Cable, this will be my favorite thing ever.
    I sadly think Kid Cable isn't going anywhere any time soon.

So UXM will ship biweekly starting in Feb?

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    The writer of this story already established in his mini that Cyclops never stopped loving Jean.
    That is a cheap retcon. But I really want to see how fast astonhing!cyclops will go from loving Emma to loving Jean again

BANNED

That is a cheap retcon. But I really want to see how fast astonhing!cyclops will go from loving Emma to loving Jean again
    Retcon?Do you even know what retcon means?

BANNED

Most of the major love interests of popular heroes have swiftly fallen back in love with their old partners in the Cebulski era so far, some without any real thorough explanation.

No its not. Scott's feelings for Jean were ever present after she died. He moved on but he still loved her. Its something Emma knew and saw in his thoughts as he would think about Jean often

He loved Jean but he also loved Emma as shown in Phoenix Endsong where his heart jumped more for Emma. Rosenberg never said he loved Jean more when he wrote Phoenix Ressurection as I asked him about that scene. They just had such a short time together they decided not to argue or be petty

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Retcon?Do you even know what retcon means?
    Yeah, that means rewrite story so it fits what story you are writing here. There is plenty of scans that Scott says that he choosen Emma and loves her

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Most of the major love interests of popular heroes have swiftly fallen back in love with their old partners in the Cebulski era so far, some without any real thorough explanation.
    i have been noticing this. What I want is good story telling, retconning things so a character can look good isn't one
    Last edited by spirit2011; 11-15-2018 at 01:03 PM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

this is just a little piece of advise but could you people please don't derail another thread into shipping fights?
    they usually drawn the fun of all threads and the recent news suggest nothing.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 11-15-2018 at 01:03 PM.