Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 LastLast
    *Clutches Pearls* LeonardEugenius's Avatar

Great, so another comic full of bad jokes? No thanks. Rosenberg has been bad ever since he hit the scene

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardEugenius View Post
    Great, so another comic full of bad jokes? No thanks. Rosenberg has been bad ever since he hit the scene
    It wasn't always that way....his writing was refreshing after reading gold & blue...you thought to yourself "oh this is interesting! and then there wasn't a resolution to anything, or everything got really confusing for no reason" and Astonishing is fun, but there are a lot of odd elements.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    I'd like to see Rogue and Gambit with them, but also some less known characters. Sunspot and Doctor Nemesis should be a part of the team, at least for me. And Sage too, even though I barely know about the character but at least would be a gift to her (very passionate) dozen of fans.
    I think Sunspot and Sage both would really work well paired with Cyclops. I wouldn’t mind Dr. Nemesis in that mix either. Particularly Sunspot and the way he thinks and views things would be great for a Cyclops group.

Spectacular Member

With the Age of X plans revealed: I am thinking that Cyclops and Wolverine will probably enlists some C-list forgotten x-men to do whatever it is that they have to do to keep this book moving from February to June. Wouldn't even be surprised if they have to deal with Emma Frost and Mystique in those months. Those X-men black books had to set up something. Magneto is in Age of X. Mojo is in Mr and Mrs X and Domino. Juggernaut might show his face in Dr.Strange (I seem to have read that somewhere, I think) that leaves Mystique and Emm Frost... Gee just when we have an Uncanny X-men book with only Cyclops and Wolverine as the only X-men. Coincidence...?? I think not.

Scott and Logan are not going to be the only 2 mutants left in UXM after the "Disassembled" arc

https://twitter.com/cracksh0t/status...97379184746496
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    Devastation: an apt description of how I feel about this creative team
    Agree.

Instead of giving us solid fresh new stories like CC's first run, they come up with a lot of long-drawn boring stories like 'resurrection of Jean Grey', 'Return of Wolverine' etc.

And also false bait and endless #1 relaunches.

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    Agree.

Instead of giving us solid fresh new stories like CC's first run, they come up with a lot of long-drawn boring stories like 'resurrection of Jean Grey', 'Return of Wolverine' etc.

LOL...I dont know how someone can write long drawn and Jean's and Wolverine's story in one breath. One was a 5 issue weekly mini series and the other is a collection of books thats taken a year to finish. One of these is long drawn; the other wasnt
    Last edited by Havok83; 11-16-2018 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Scott and Logan are not going to be the only 2 mutants left in UXM after the "Disassembled" arc

https://twitter.com/cracksh0t/status...97379184746496
    Add Emma & Magik and I would be in heaven!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OWL45 View Post
    I think Sunspot and Sage both would really work well paired with Cyclops. I wouldn’t mind Dr. Nemesis in that mix either. Particularly Sunspot and the way he thinks and views things would be great for a Cyclops group.
    I love Sunspot, as my avatar clearly shows and obviously I agree with you. Putting him, after all the development Hickman and Ewing gave him, in the same team as Scott would be a dream come true.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    People were asking a lot. But a very few want a Storm solo.
    what people were asking for age of x? I can recall at least three different occasions where staff at marvel were asked when storm is getting a book. I can send you links if you like.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    Agree.

The problem is Claremont's first run was groundbreaking, and radically shook up the status quo of the X-Books. He introduced many new characters, and *GASP* actually allowed the characters to AGE, CHANGE, AND GROW. Today's Marvel is obsessed with nostalgia to the point of continually rehashing those same plot points while completely ignoring WHAT made his run so iconic.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    LOL...I dont know how someone can write long drawn and Jean's and Wolverine's story in one breath. One was a 5 issue weekly mini series and the other is a collection of books thats taken a year to finish. One of these is long drawn; the other wasnt
    Yeah, they might both be boring, but only Wolverine’s return is being milked extensively.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    I wonder, why don't the x-office hire another writers? :/
    Hopefully they are saving the cash for until after Disney buys Fox and we start getting mutants in the MCU.

Mighty Member

Ah ah finally! My man is coming back.

I pray, pray n pray it’s good

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The resurrection of Jean Grey can be told in one or two issues during CC's days. A lot of the panels are unnecessary boring fillers.

Even the original New Mutants series by CC had more action and surprises than 'return of Jean Grey'.
    Last edited by jalsrix; 11-17-2018 at 01:31 AM.