Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    A little speculation here. I think X-Man might be taking the mutants he thinks are alive to his reality. He likely thinks Wolverine and Cyclops are still dead. This is why I hope Banshee will be in this series too. Rogue and Gambit are also possible because they're off planet just now.
    Wasn't Gambit in X-Men Red ?

What about Havok and Colossus? They're not in the current team.
    Last edited by jalsrix; 11-17-2018 at 10:16 PM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

MMX happens after X-Men Red, or at least issue six will. That's set to explain why Rogue and Gambit aren't in Uncanny.

Havok and Colossus are still on planet, alive, and known to be X-Men.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    What was that?

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Sorry,i actually meant the issue?
    it was good, actually.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Avengers_Prime_Vol_1

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    And people thought the X-Line was dying. HA! I'm glad I'm skipping most of AoXM's books until something really incredible happens and I need to catch up.

I think the bigger difficulty with Disassembled is that, sice the franchise lacked a direction in the last year or so, the first issue had to create a problem and make us feel like it mattered. Messiah Complex, Second Coming, BotA and even IvX, for example, came as consequence of certain status quo that we already knew as an imminent problem.

I think that after this first issue, where the plot was put in motion and we already know there is some kind of problem, things might run more smoothly. I hope people don't go too hard on this event, it is hard to set a whole big situation in the same story that is supposed to deal with it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    Who said that Winter's End is one shot?

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    Karma was never dead. She was taken over by Shadow king just before she vanished in the Viper story, she heard Shadow King's voice and screamed in ish #7.

The Siege Perilous had much more interesting fresh stories, and actions like the Ninja Betsy/Mandarin storyline.

Whereas return of Jean Grey was just all about Phoenix giving back her life which can be told in one issue. There's no action whatsoever.
    it doesn’t matter. Karma was presumed dead and written as such. When she was revealed to be alive, it took 6 issues over several months. I won’t disagree that it was better written but it’s false to say that Jean’s would have only been handled in 2 issues of CC. He wrote “drawn out” returns too

We still don’t know why Jean was brought back - if the Phoenix wanted to bond with her, why did it let her remain alive after she rejected it?

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    We still don’t know why Jean was brought back - if the Phoenix wanted to bond with her, why did it let her remain alive after she rejected it?
    Phoenix showed to like Jean in the story. It is easy to understand that she would not want to take her life back... Maybe even as a guarantee that in the future Jean could change her mind and bond with her again.

It's a John Byrne retcon, making sense isn't a requirement.

What was it supposed to do, kill her? It has an affinty for Jean. It knows it will bond with Jean in the future...does anyone believe it wont? It'll be waiting for Jean when she calls

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    What was it supposed to do, kill her? It has an affinty for Jean. It knows it will bond with Jean in the future...does anyone believe it wont? It'll be waiting for Jean when she calls
    Yeah, sure, but that doesn’t answer my question does it? It brought her back under its power, why should it have simply left if she rejected it? Why not just put her in the WHR until she’s ready to play ball? I just hope there’s something up Marvel’s sleeve regarding this, I don’t think that’s unreasonable considering Wolverine’s bloated return and the renewed focus on the X-books.

Yeah, sure, but that doesn’t answer my question does it? It brought her back under its power, why should it have simply left if she rejected it? Why not just put her in the WHR until she’s ready to play ball? I just hope there’s something up Marvel’s sleeve regarding this, I don’t think that’s unreasonable considering Wolverine’s bloated return and the renewed focus on the X-books.
    Jean's return was rushed. I dont think there is some master plan that they are sitting on

Astonishing Member

Jean's return was rushed. I dont think there is some master plan that they are sitting on
    Remember when Taylor said he didn't know what was going to happen in return when he was writing red. And didn't we find out later that red was in production before return of Jean gray.