Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    I swear to you I was about to PM CuteClops saying DUDE WTF WAS THAT, DON'T DO THIS
    Fortunately, we were both wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Grown-ass hippie breaks reality because he misses his dad.

I thought the same thing when I saw the quote. lol

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    Wouldn't it be downright hilarious if Rosenberg decided to reset everything back to the 90s?

All the New X-Men will disappear, all the events which have happened since then will be ignored.

You guys have been wasting money buying all these years. LOL

The only things permanent are the CC's era and original era.
    No, please, for God's sakes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    All this nostalgia is making my heart hurt, why cant Marvel make great stories without relying on the past to do so
    Marvel is all about the past. And that's a good thing. If anyone is reading the current stories in a comic book universe that is over a half century old, it's because they have some interest in the history of that universe, the characters who embody that history, and want to see more stories added to that history that build on what's come before.

It's not just nostalgia. The challenge of writing for a serialized universe is constantly finding new ways to keep moving these characters forward. And the excitement of reading is in seeing how that creative challenge continues to be met.

Wouldn't it be downright hilarious if Rosenberg decided to reset everything back to the 90s?

All the New X-Men will disappear, all the events which have happened since then will be ignored.

What you are talking about is a slightly harder version of what already seems to be happening.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I hate this line of thinking. All great writers have agendas and pet characters and old issues with characters and plots that they want their hand at.

And I think Rosenberg is trying. I liked that he's making a point to show that the younger X-Men are getting sick of how they're treated by the old guard, especially ones like Anole and Armor who have been at this for a while. I think the reveal at the end was rather fun. I just don't think this book was worth $9.
    That's fine, that just needs to come secondary to the story and continuity. If not, than you better be telling a damn good story, with great character writing.

We've rarely gotten either for YEARS now. IMO, only Bunn has been consistently doing anything worth damn since since Wolverine and Cyclops fought.

I love Larocca. I'm glad he is back. This cover is not his best work though, which is ashame because I'd love to see her 90s X-Men. Though would prefer the true core cast of the 90s aka TAS!
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke is Slim View Post
    Agreed! Plus his astonishing is good.
    Lowered standards =/= good.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Why is this Relaunch sounding more like an abysmal Rehash?
    Is it absolutely necessary to inundate us with all that rubbish storytelling? Especially as he already dealt with the "killing Xavier (who isn't dead, btw) thing" and the Terrigen Cloud ish was pure unadulterated shittery and should never, ever be brought up again.
    Why can't they just band together and move forward?

Between this, Disassembled, and whatever AU shenanigans they're cooking up, it looks as though I won't be buying any x-books well into the first half of 2019.

I think that would kill the franchise.

Larocca's art is not as good as before.
    Everyone looks old.

Glad for Cyke fans.

Sad about writer. KT or Brisson would be a better choice for Uncanny.

Mighty Member

Great, Cyclops is back. I'm bored.

Sorry for not coming off as excited. Between Extermination, the millionth event based on time travel, and X-Men Gold, the poor rehash with nothing new to the table, I'm not as avid of a reader of X-Men as I once was.

Bring back something interesting. Get Vulcan back and have some kind of Summers Family brawl across time and space.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Great, Cyclops is back. I'm bored.

Sorry for not coming off as excited. Between Extermination, the millionth event based on time travel, and X-Men Gold, the poor rehash with nothing new to the table, I'm not as avid of a reader of X-Men as I once was.

Bring back something interesting. Get Vulcan back and have some kind of Summers Family brawl across time and space.
    Summers family should go after kang to rescue alex's daughter.
    Scott
    Alex
    Cable,the real one
    Emma
    Magik
    Hope

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Marvel is all about the past. And that's a good thing. If anyone is reading the current stories in a comic book universe that is over a half century old, it's because they have some interest in the history of that universe, the characters who embody that history, and want to see more stories added to that history that build on what's come before.

It's not just nostalgia. The challenge of writing for a serialized universe is constantly finding new ways to keep moving these characters forward. And the excitement of reading is in seeing how that creative challenge continues to be met.
    I...actually agree with you here.

Hell just froze over.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Summers family should go after kang to rescue alex's daughter.
    Scott
    Alex
    Cable,the real one
    Emma
    Magik
    Hope
    With your permission, I would add:
    Ruby Summers
    The Stepford Cuckoos
    Christopher Summers a.k.a. Corsair,
    mama Hepzibah
    and the Starjammers

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    I think that would kill the franchise.
    Nah, just switching one segment of the fanbase for another. They'll lose readers who prefer the deconstructionist/revisionist flavor of the Marts-Lowe era and gain readers with more classicist tastes.

Alternatively, this could all be a result of Marvel getting the X-Men film rights back through the Disney takeover of Fox. Now that the X-franchise is about to be a revenue-generating property for them again, they're moving to reestablish and shore up the brand.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    With your permission, I would add:
    Ruby Summers
    The Stepford Cuckoos
    Christopher Summers a.k.a. Corsair,
    mama Hepzibah
    and the Starjammers
    Lol,no need for permission.But i would keep the cuckoos & other starjammers(not corsair & hepzibah) out.And during their time jump they would find Ruby & take her with them.Imagine the awkward family dinner.