Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I think it would be nice to have as a book that could spotlight the Avengers that can't hold a solo, but I don't see much financial incentive for Marvel to actually do it.

The market is (deservedly) not kind to random anthology books. People don't like dropping dollars for one thing and being forced to buy another. I don't even see the new MCP doing well (because I hope it doesn't). Instead of taking whatever we can get for certain characters, we should demand for them to be used more in real stories of consequence. If there comes a day where there's a 10-page D-Man story and a 10-page uh, Smasher story in some Avengers Spotlight book, then I'm gonna have to pay $4 for D-Man. And I'll hate it.

Know what would be cool, though? Another book like Avengers World. One that shows what the world is like in the wake of Aaron's Avengers and is its own story while giving a bunch of characters in limbo time to play. Or ya know, just expanding the Avengers title line-up to 3 again. I'd like that.

I hope something launches after No Road Home.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I hope something launches after No Road Home.
    Same here, maybe a new Uncanny Avengers done right.

If there comes a day where there's a 10-page D-Man story and a 10-page uh, Smasher story in some Avengers Spotlight book, then I'm gonna have to pay $4 for D-Man. And I'll hate it.
    Why 10 pages? Why not give the avenger a full issue?

I like the idea of using this series for characters who are currently not in use. But if it ends up just giving us more Stark, Cap or Thor all the time I don't think it's worth the effort of bringing it back.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Why 10 pages? Why not give the avenger a full issue?
    An anthology series with a different character each issue would also probably have wildly fluctuating sales and not last long. Anthologies have a hard time no matter the format.

I think maybe returning it to two characters per an issue might work better, but make it a $4.99 book with +/-30 pages of story per an issue. Have a lead (like Hawkeye?) with a continuing story arc for several issues, then the back-up spot could be for characters that don't get a chance in the spotlight all that often.

Ultimate Member

It would be interesting if they could have some sort of year-long arc, with the various second-string Avengers all meeting up at the end of the year as their individual / thought-to-be unrelated issues of focus all lead them to the underlying plot going on in the background (turning twelve apparent standalone stories with different Avengers into a massive prelude to a big team up event).

Unrelated 'done in one' stories of various Avengers who don't currently have solos could be neat for fans like me, who like a lot of the 'lower decks' Avengers, more so than the Tony, Steve and Thor show, but financially, it might sell better if the 'anthology' had some sort of connective tissue, and wasn't just 'random stories of random Avengers that have no bearing on each other.'

It would be interesting if they could have some sort of year-long arc, with the various second-string Avengers all meeting up at the end of the year as their individual / thought-to-be unrelated issues of focus all lead them to the underlying plot going on in the background (turning twelve apparent standalone stories with different Avengers into a massive prelude to a big team up event).

That's what dc did for their adventures in the dc universe book that more or less was avengers spotlight. (two stories a book.) They had a unknown bad guy who could change into other people (and had both a man and woman forms! The question even asked is the bad guy a man or a woman?) and would show up here and there in every other issue setting things up or paying other bad guys to fight the heroes and after about a year and a half fought the heroes at once.

Spectacular Member

I'd pick it up if they did. The format of the original run was great, they could quite easily have a constant character as the first tale (eg hawkeye) then revolving the second character, that would hopefully keep a solid readership for the continuous first part while spotlighting the lesser used avengers

I would love it if these came back. It's a great vehicle for some of the non big league Avengers to get some shine.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Yes, they should bring it back and since there are no shortage of limbo Avengers and stories, have a new issue published every two weeks.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

I'd prefer a longer running "Avengers Solo" title to the various "random B character" gets a solo book or "stealth" mini-series that clutter the stands. I get tired of constantly trying to organize by the "issue 1, volume 5" etc.etc. bullcrap. Just keep it all under one banner and don't renumber, and if a particular hero's story arc proves to be more well received by the readers, then consider an actual solo book for that character.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Slit book with each half taking as many issues as it takes to tell the story.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”