Default Wizard World losing a ton of money

Looks like Wizard World is moving and cancelling upcoming shows because they have lost millions in 2017 and this year.

I thought this shows they put on were big business these days still? Are folks not attending shows that much like they used to?

Quote Originally Posted by tib2d2 View Post
    Looks like Wizard World is moving and cancelling upcoming shows because they have lost millions in 2017 and this year.

I thought this shows they put on were big business these days still? Are folks not attending shows that much like they used to?
    It's out there. I remember they had several scammers in their ranks as far as collectables and grading the books or the certifications or something. I wanna say one of the founders was skimming real bad. Something to that effect I remember.

Shocking no one, Wizard World revealed that it might not exist in 2019. It's Q3 2017 quarterly report has been released and due to recent operations loss, there is substantial doubt the company can continue operating.

"The Company had a loss from operations of $4,454,857 and $1,182,246 for the nine months ended September 30, 2017 and the year ended December 31, 2016, respectively. As of September 30, 2017, we had cash and working capital deficit (excluding the derivative liability) of $1,176,034 and $1,514,182, respectively," the company stated. "We have evaluated the significance of these conditions in relation to our ability to meet our obligations and have concluded that, due to these conditions, there is substantial doubt about the Company's ability to continue as a going concern through November 2018."

Wizard World has 17 conventions planned for 2018 and a magazine planned to relive its '90s heydays.

http://www.theouthousers.com/index.p...t-to-2019.html
    Last edited by Surf; 11-15-2018 at 09:32 AM.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

I'm amused that they're still trying to push anything with the "Wizard" brand on it. Hard to imagine they can still attract investors to their offerings, well legitimate investors I should say.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    What legitimate investors would want to be swindled by some scammers in Wizard World?
    None. But those who are not legit just might.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Wow, I forgot all about them. I used to read their magazines in the 90s and I used to post on their forums. My god, has it really been almost 20 years since the forums? I feel so old.

Ghost of the Stratosphere Not BAMF's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chia Head View Post
    Wow, I forgot all about them. I used to read their magazines in the 90s and I used to post on their forums. My god, has it really been almost 20 years since the forums? I feel so old.
    Haha, I was there, too, back in the day. The Superhero Showdown!