Default Watson and Holmes

Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-15-2018 at 11:33 AM. Reason: majorhoy questions.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Anyone a fan?
    I don't know anything about it.

Care to elaborate?

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I don't know anything about it.

Care to elaborate?
    It's a re-imagining of the Sherlock Holmes characters, and stories as Harlem based African-Americans. Watson is an Afghan war veteran who works at a medical clinic, Holmes is his typical eccentric self of a Private Investigator. They fight crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    It's a re-imagining of the Sherlock Holmes characters, and stories as Harlem based African-Americans. Watson is an Afghan war veteran who works at a medical clinic, Holmes is his typical eccentric self of a Private Investigator. They fight crime.
    Thanks, but for "elaborate" I was also hoping to know more about who the creators are; who publishes the comic book; and whether it comes in printed copies or if it's only available digitally.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Thanks, but for "elaborate" I was also hoping to know more about who the creators are; who publishes the comic book; and whether it comes in printed copies or if it's only available digitally.
    My apologies. Karl Bollers is writer, he's done some work for Marvel/DC in the past but I believe he's now mostly on the editorial side with Dynamite. Larry Stroman, and Rick Leonardi share art duties. The name of the publisher escapes me, but I'm fairly certain it's essentially just the creator's own company. I've seen it in print, but I would imagine it's far easier to obtain on comixology like I did.

Thanks for the additional info.
    Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    I've seen it in print, but I would imagine it's far easier to obtain on comixology like I did.
    However, some us prefer not to read digital comic books.
    (Too much of a hassle, especially if you only use an old desktop computer.)

Ultimate Member

Steve Harris from DC's Michael Cray also did work on the book.

Brandon Easton also helped. He did IDW's MASK & Andre The Giant novel.

There are two volumes and I would say Amazon is your best bet because floppies are rather hard to find.

THe company is New Paradigm Studios and one of the employees was in the movie White Space that came out in August.

I got the floppies of this. Damn good book. Always wondered why it stopped coming out.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I got the floppies of this. Damn good book. Always wondered why it stopped coming out.
    Could be scheduling issues or lack of funds.

I loved the hell out of this series.
    Kickstarter for my comic Is'nana the Were-Spider, Vol 1 and 2!

Horror/fantasy coming of age book about the son of Anansi the Spider seeking for his place in the world.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Same here.
    Didn't they even get an Eisner nom?
    I definitely would have stuck around for more.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!