Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    High-concept Sci-fi book - and have The Adventures of Cyclops and Wolverine as the grounded counterpoint book, everyone’s happy.
    But Laura is already a big girl, who will Scott and Logan raise?

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Well, Logan's murdered all his other children, so there's really only Daken left.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Gabby!

Just kidding.

Gabby!

Just kidding.
    Is there anybody that has read stuff with Gabby that doesn't either love or hate her? As far as I can tell, EVERYBODY has a strong opinion.
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    Is there anybody that has read stuff with Gabby that doesn't either love or hate her? As far as I can tell, EVERYBODY has a strong opinion.
    Maybe she’d fare better under a different writer. Isn’t she being written by Tamaki in Laura’s new solo? How’s she doing there?

Maybe she’d fare better under a different writer. Isn’t she being written by Tamaki in Laura’s new solo? How’s she doing there?
    She's still Gabby. Taylor made her the way she is, so I don't think the writer is the issue so much as the character he chose to make, and Tamaki is faithful to who she's been portrayed as. Personally, I love her, although if Gabby's death gets rid of Laura'a no-kill rule, I'd give her up in a HEARTBEAT, because, well...

Doesn't get better than Laura + wholesale slaughter. I NEED a X-23/Winter Soldier/Punisher team-up.

High-concept Sci-fi book
    Jean and Ororo's daughter, Nathalia Grey-Munroe, is a uber poweful Omega mutant with both her mom's powers who is used as a plot device on a big event and then gets killed off.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Jean and Ororo's daughter, Nathalia Grey-Munroe, is a uber poweful Omega mutant with both her mom's powers who is used as a plot device on a big event and then gets killed off.
    Well I was picturing something more like Luke Cage and Iron Fist but I guess we can try that.
    :P

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    Well I was picturing something more like Luke Cage and Iron Fist but I guess we can try that.
    :P
    Yeah, I was just begging Kelly Thompson for this on Twitter.

About the tangent on Jean and Storm. It's not that we want to to be uber powerful and it take out everyone. It's just that they are hyped to be really strong and showing their full potential. But then the writer doesn't show them doing anything notable (instead their powers don't work on anyone and they have to rely on things like cerebro all the time).
    Then the writer makes a new villain beat them to show how strong the villain is. But it doesn't work that way, because you have to build a character up before you can use them to build up or hype someone else, otherwise they look like a joke.

Other exampls; the new Avengers team by Jason Aaron is considered a joke on some forums because they got stomped by 3 different characters in 3 different books immediately they formed the team (a case of using them to hype someone without building then up)

Rachel in Xmen gold, was stated to be accessing her full potential in the first arc, then started losing or fainting or getting mind controlled by everyone she came up against. A lot of people took her as a joke in that book

Unworthy Thor for the past 3 years hasn't had 1 good showing under Jason Aaron, and is now a joke as he gets punked by a giant crab man, his skull cracked and delirious by 1 hit from the Hulk, and embarrassed by the likes of Ulik the troll.

Why would they name their child after sinister

BANNED

if Cyclops and wolverine have to raise a child together then it will be a rehash of Spider man/ Deadpool who have so far had two kids together.

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Why would they name their child after sinister
    How do you think they managed to both be biological moms of the child? Mr Essex did his thing for them and they're grateful.

How do you think they managed to both be biological moms of the child? Mr Essex did his thing for them and they're grateful.
    Oh God, please no

I'm pretty sure Beast is still worried about Oya, and that's what is keeping him busy.

Some interesting info about what to expect from #2: http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...canny-x-men-2/

AiPT!: Finally, what can you tease about the next issue of Uncanny X-Men?

Rosenberg: Um [looks to Brisson], what happens in next week’s issue? [Laughs]

Brisson: [Laughs]

Rosenberg: You know, more of the threat is revealed…

Brisson: Yeah, yeah… isn’t there a last-page reveal of who’s behind a lot of it?

Rosenberg: Yeah, there’s a big moment next issue where you’re going to meet some people… some familiar faces in some new directions, maybe. Or maybe not familiar faces–I don’t know who you know.

AiPT!: I’m looking forward to it. Thanks for taking the time to chat and good luck with the rest of the tour!

I'm calling that the TO-New Mutants make an appearance.

BANNED

LOVE the art. I really love Silva.

Nice to see nods to the Avengers, Champions, the Winter Guard and Captain Britain (I can't quite figure out who the character in the top left is)

I assume Ororo's Montana team includes the others in the room (Bishop, Psylocke, Iceman). I wonder who else might make the cut. Probably the usual suspects and/or characters confirmed to have key roles in Uncanny (X-23, Jubilee, Cannonball, Northstar & Polaris. I'm dying to see even more of the X-Men in action though and this'd be a great way to showcase em.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Rosenberg: Yeah, there’s a big moment next issue where you’re going to meet some people… some familiar faces in some new directions, maybe. Or maybe not familiar faces–I don’t know who you know.

I'm calling that the TO-New Mutants make an appearance.
    I sure hope so. Now we know Rosenberg is writing Uncanny moving forward, it makes sense for all his plot threads across Dead Souls, Astonishing and Multiple Man to tie into this big event.
    And if it means Dani + Magik (even Warlocked) then that's a huge plus.