Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default March 23, 2019 is Hellboy Day

I need to make sure my LCS participates!

Quote Originally Posted by topfueluhl View Post
    I need to make sure my LCS participates!
    Unfortunately, I don't think my shop (not really "local" to me) gets enough other people buying Hellboy stuff to make it worthwhile to them.

I wish I had some of that Hellboy beer kicking around to celebrate.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Unfortunately, I don't think my shop (not really "local" to me) gets enough other people buying Hellboy stuff to make it worthwhile to them.
    Went to my shop this morning (hadn't been there since last month, partly due to weather considerations) and, as I guessed, they weren't doing anything for "Hellboy Day".

Then again, when I mentioned it as I was paying for my stuff, I was told that many of those special days really don't bring much extra business to the store to make it worthwhile. Even "Batman Day" hasn't really been worth it in terms of more customers.

My LCS had 2 guys silkscreening t-shirts in the parking lot, so I bought one of those to support the store, then inside they were giving away the Seed of Destruction #1 anniversary reprint, 2 different bookmarks, a window cling, a set of temporary tattoos, and the timeline poster, and then they gave me some extra HB stuff because I was wearing my super special awesome Hellboy fez, and then I bought a locally produced store print from a guest artist, again to benefit the store.

Another LCS I popped into had a local artist doing his version of HB in sketches, and they raffling off a couple of HB comics as a fundraiser, but that was about it.

Quote Originally Posted by KROENEN View Post
    I wish I had some of that Hellboy beer kicking around to celebrate.
    I never got a chance to try the Rogue release - but the company was nice and sent me a pristine bottle for free - and with the Gigantic release, I've called a few importers but with no luck, so I may need to drive to Washington, DC to get some.

Happy HB day everybody!

(My LCS didn't have any freebies aside from the comic, but shan't look a gift horse in the mouth)

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    Happy HB day everybody!

(My LCS didn't have any freebies aside from the comic, but shan't look a gift horse in the mouth)
    Hey, my store wasn't even offering the comic book.

(But that's okay. I had bought a copy of it when it originally came out.)

I got some cool stuff from my LCS yesterday. He said they didn't get the temporary tattoos though.

20190323_134429.jpg

The Claw of Justice!

That poster is so cool.

I don't have a local comic shop anymore, so I didn't do much besides a little reading. I did realize that I started reading Hellboy right around the 20th anniversary Hellboy day, so I've been reading for 5 years now. Time flies...
    @lobster20000 on Instagram

Amazing Member

no comics shop around here either I'd have to go to Tampa or Orlando so its a big bust for me.

My comic store wasn't participating and my brother in Portland can't find the Hellboy beer, pretty disappointing, but I did eat pancakes and read BPRD comics.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I called three shops in my area and none were participating in the HB event. It was disappointing to say the least.

I'll have to get some of these items on Ebay now. I want the bookmarks the most.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

My LCBS put one aside for me, since I buy all the HB books. My favorite thing is the bookmark.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!