Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Default Preview: Weapon X 26

Fantastic Member

Okay, I'll gladly be the only person who's excited as hell for these last two issues. I dont know when Sabretooth became one of my favorite characters, but I'm okay with it.

Cool visuals to represent Hell and Victor's irredeemable sins.

Quote Originally Posted by magneticmushroom View Post
    Okay, I'll gladly be the only person who's excited as hell for these last two issues. I dont know when Sabretooth became one of my favorite characters, but I'm okay with it.
    I am just curious how it'll be wrapped up. Especially in just 2 chapters, unless issue 27 is a longer one, given the 3 different guest artists we're getting there. So it may be a bigger deal.

We gotta finish up Sabretooth's story, plus probably show the rest of Weapon X-Force disbanding & going their separate ways. Plus Mystique vs. Azazel and how that's gonna end. And supposedly wrapping up Creed's relationship with Monet, which I don't think is even gonna start being addressed until next issue.

I just hope we get something decent that doesn't seem rushed / half-assed. I will say this version of Creed going to Hell is already MUCH better than Loeb's. lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 11-16-2018 at 06:56 AM.

Astonishing Member

I wonder if we'll see Wild Child

Wow. That was a pretty mind-bending preview. I like it! I want to read more.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

This looks fun
    I never thought I would say this, but Weapon X is probably the team I will miss the most compared to all the ongoings they canceled this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I am just curious how it'll be wrapped up. Especially in just 2 chapters, unless issue 27 is a longer one, given the 3 different guest artists we're getting there. So it may be a bigger deal.

We gotta finish up Sabretooth's story, plus probably show the rest of Weapon X-Force disbanding & going their separate ways. Plus Mystique vs. Azazel and how that's gonna end. And supposedly wrapping up Creed's relationship with Monet, which I don't think is even gonna start being addressed until next issue.

I just ope we get something decent that doesn't seem rushed / half-assed. I will say this version of Creed going to Hell is already MUCH better than Loeb's. lol

#27 has the usual price tag on the Marvel website so I think we're getting a 23-page finale

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Wow. That was a pretty mind-bending preview. I like it! I want to read more.
    Only a 4 day wait. lol Sad there's no ways to get it before Wednesday.

But it is interesting, especially since she's probably not gonna be the only victim he meets. And it seems predictable where things may be going, but I actually wanna see it. Sabretooth wanted to go to Hell and destroy Stryker. But it's gonna be pointed out that he isn't much better.

It was like Xavier's exercise when he was locked up. Xavier had him using the device that would open all of his memories, so he could see consequences of his actions & bond with those he hurt. He hasn't done that latter one yet. In the hospital scene, he yells to someone to suffer quietly so he can rest. That's some of his evil self coming out there. I'm not crazy at the characterization because Remender & Bunn's inverted Creed was better than that & would've been less insensitive.. But Pak needs to write it this way to make his story work. So I can give him a pass there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    #27 has the usual price tag on the Marvel website so I think we're getting a 23-page finale
    Darn. It worries me then. But then again, double-sized issue are rare anyhow. So I already knew that was a long-shot. especially when WX hasn't been a top book deserving such treatment. It's not like it ran as long as Duggan's Deadpool or was even half as popular. None of the ResurrXion finales have been longer than a normal issue.

Here's to hoping it goes out on a good note & Pak can stick the ending.

In fact I'm curious how the end will explain why Victor is absent in X-Books' projects in coming months...
    Staying in hell literally or having honeymoon with M? I mean since Pak has given this book so many comedic plots, maybe a happy ending is more reasonable...

Quote Originally Posted by WildR View Post
    In fact I'm curious how the end will explain why Victor is absent in X-Books' projects in coming months...
    Staying in hell literally or having honeymoon with M? I mean since Pak has given this book so many comedic plots, maybe a happy ending is more reasonable...
    Well Sabretooth has never been a A-List character. Unless he's a starring cast member like Buncanny or Weapon X, which was rare until then, Marvel isn't gonna go out of their way to show or mention him in solicits & scans. Even if he is in the book at some point.

My theory is that he's just gonna go back to Wolverine's solo or maybe the Wolverine x Cyke book as a recurring nuisance. I'd rather he stay in Hell for a while than get reattached to Wolverine as an accessory.

Far as the ending. Pak just says it's been a heck off a run & it goes out with a Hell of a bang. Then he says there's a pun in that statement we're gonna get when we read the ending. Maybe a Big-Bang deal when the AU's set in.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 11-18-2018 at 07:58 AM.

I'm intrigued.