Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    *Clutches Pearls* LeonardEugenius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno M. View Post
    This is so dumb, so horrible. Feels like what a cinematic version of the X-Men could be by Marvel Studios... terrifying.
    It really is. Kinda sad they’ve watered down the X books with MCU dialogue and people are eating it up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    For all the **** we give Marvel for being inconsistent as **** when it comes to their characters and stories in different books, we have to appreciate that at least Kitty is consistently annoying as **** in pretty much every single book she appears in, even if just a cameo.
    There is that, so no matter where she is we can roll our eyes and think "i hate that bitch"

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    oh. my. GAWD.

THIS.

THIS is the canon I need in my life.
    Dazzler, precariously lowering herself to the floor at random intervals, because WIND might topple her wig.
    And BECAUSE she is a PERFORMER at heart -- she adopts these ABSURD poses because she is THAT EXTRA.

#WatchThatWind
    #WatchThatWig

We need more poses with her hand on her head, adjusting. People might think "Does Ali have a headache?"

NAW GURL. She adjustin' placement.

Yes. Please gawd.
    also why she isn't on any teams with Storm #WatchThatWind #WatchThatWig

I'm guessing she'll pull a Blackbolt and absorb all of whatever Sean can dish out and then release it in a fabulous rainbow of light.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

omg kitty is annoying af. goddess.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Actually sad to see this book ending so very soon. Big question though:

Where did kitty come from? Did I miss an issue where she was even remotely close to this team? Or was it that I stopped reading gold and gug's gave her teleportation powers to make some more of her team redundant

So that may be how collosus loses his hand!

Incredible Member

Finally we may get to see Banshee back to normal. I hope to see his powers interact with Dazzler's and cause huge destruction. I have always wanted to see their powers acting together it could be seriously awesome.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

I realize what I love so much about this book! It's the fact that this book has been really about the relationships of these characters and them interacting through their conversation and their just flat out familiarity to one another!thats the X-tea standout from this book, and it's SUPERB.

The way that most superhero teams are like rag tag strangers or coworkers or members of disparate parts of the marvel U, is what usually ends up being the focus of any action packed book and how they end up trusting one another is how well they work together. With these characters however, they know one another like family, like old best friends, and that's where X-men is supposed to stick out amongst other team books in establishing the canonical closeness of characters that have lived among one another, slept with each other, worked and dreamed and hoped and toiled together and who EAT LIKE
    FUCKING PIGS around one another because they are the xmen and they're used to having each other's back in some way because nobody else will. I love this book for showing that. These characters call one another on their ****, LIKE REAL FRIENDS, they crack wise, they joke around, they feel so ducking comfortable in their fluidity with one another and it shows in how they strategize, improvise, and do the dirty deed of fighting bad guys which comes as a second nature to them.
    So much so, it's not even the focus of the book (reavers, ONE, what bad guys??) they just go to it,
    Support each other where needed and prove that the xmen are a family albeit a dysfunctional one as much as they are a community. It's really a book characters like Dazzler can flourish because it allows for the narrative of being a plucky outsider amongst rosters of semi gods to hold a real weight, to add to the myth is, to flesh out a world with these mutants that I haven't seen in a long ass time.

Sad to see it go.

Incredible Member

I hope Banshee does not cripple Peter. Hi am hoping he will return to his lighthearted self.

BANNED

I look forward to seeing how the series concludes and how the fallout will lead into Uncanny + Age of X-Man. I do hope that Rosenberg plans to return Sean to his former self.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I look forward to seeing how the series concludes and how the fallout will lead into Uncanny + Age of X-Man. I do hope that Rosenberg plans to return Sean to his former self.
    Rosenberg really said that the editors liked this story so much, they wanted it to go to Uncanny. I think, though, it is not going to disassembled, but to Uncanny when only Rosenberg is writing, therefore, issue 11 and beyond. I just hope he takes Havok to that book.

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    I realize what I love so much about this book! It's the fact that this book has been really about the relationships of these characters and them interacting through their conversation and their just flat out familiarity to one another!thats the X-tea standout from this book, and it's SUPERB.

The way that most superhero teams are like rag tag strangers or coworkers or members of disparate parts of the marvel U, is what usually ends up being the focus of any action packed book and how they end up trusting one another is how well they work together. With these characters however, they know one another like family, like old best friends, and that's where X-men is supposed to stick out amongst other team books in establishing the canonical closeness of characters that have lived among one another, slept with each other, worked and dreamed and hoped and toiled together and who EAT LIKE
    FUCKING PIGS around one another because they are the xmen and they're used to having each other's back in some way because nobody else will. I love this book for showing that. These characters call one another on their ****, LIKE REAL FRIENDS, they crack wise, they joke around, they feel so ducking comfortable in their fluidity with one another and it shows in how they strategize, improvise, and do the dirty deed of fighting bad guys which comes as a second nature to them.
    So much so, it's not even the focus of the book (reavers, ONE, what bad guys??) they just go to it,
    Support each other where needed and prove that the xmen are a family albeit a dysfunctional one as much as they are a community. It's really a book characters like Dazzler can flourish because it allows for the narrative of being a plucky outsider amongst rosters of semi gods to hold a real weight, to add to the myth is, to flesh out a world with these mutants that I haven't seen in a long ass time.

Sad to see it go.
    That's exactly what I love in this, amazing pick of words (although I must admit, I also love the Reavers and the ONE aspect of it). This makes me feel like the last Uncanny X-men run of CC. The plot was not always that great and the stories felt even without weight sometimes, but the relationships and friendship between the group kept me invested all the time.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    I like the art because at least the faces are expressive...it's copy/paste, but it'd better quality than some other artists. The details are nice.

I was trying to figure out if I missed an issue.

Same, the last things actually remember were Alex and Warpath making the deal with the Reavers.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    oh. my. GAWD.

THIS.

THIS is the canon I need in my life.
    Dazzler, precariously lowering herself to the floor at random intervals, because WIND might topple her wig.
    And BECAUSE she is a PERFORMER at heart -- she adopts these ABSURD poses because she is THAT EXTRA.

#WatchThatWind
    #WatchThatWig

We need more poses with her hand on her head, adjusting. People might think "Does Ali have a headache?"

NAW GURL. She adjustin' placement.

Yes. Please gawd.

When has Ally, NOT been that extra, while of course Land is to blame for the awkwardness of it all. But I still remember when she spent time jumping universes with the Exiles, and cut her hair and dyed it pink just for fun:

Her extra-ness is always apparent and intact, tho I did think her right leg was gone at first...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    Rosenberg really said that the editors liked this story so much, they wanted it to go to Uncanny. I think, though, it is not going to disassembled, but to Uncanny when only Rosenberg is writing, therefore, issue 11 and beyond. I just hope he takes Havok to that book.
    Colossus, Dazzler & Warpath are accounted for, at least for now, in the Age of X-Man and X-Force respectively. That leaves only Havok and Banshee as characters available for usage in Rosenbergs Uncanny run.

Fantastic Member

can't believe we're at the finale already. there was like, only 3 issues.

BANNED

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    I love this man.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey