Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I love this man.
    Cates, him and Stegman are the holy trinity of Marvel creators at Twitter.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    There all going to die.

Either everyone's becoming a Bio-Sentinel or everyone's dying.

Ultimate Member

Well we know that some of them make it into the big event coming up so at least some of them live, but then again it'd be odd to have just included them all on the big cover a few months back if they didn't do something, though it looks more like Nate takes most of the X-Men off into a separate reality, leaving some of them behind...maybe some of the team could be in that group that's left behind...

Incredible Member

Looks to me like Havok is in trouble.

Finale? Wow, that was a quick run

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    I realize what I love so much about this book! It's the fact that this book has been really about the relationships of these characters and them interacting through their conversation and their just flat out familiarity to one another!thats the X-tea standout from this book, and it's SUPERB.

The way that most superhero teams are like rag tag strangers or coworkers or members of disparate parts of the marvel U, is what usually ends up being the focus of any action packed book and how they end up trusting one another is how well they work together. With these characters however, they know one another like family, like old best friends, and that's where X-men is supposed to stick out amongst other team books in establishing the canonical closeness of characters that have lived among one another, slept with each other, worked and dreamed and hoped and toiled together and who EAT LIKE
    FUCKING PIGS around one another because they are the xmen and they're used to having each other's back in some way because nobody else will. I love this book for showing that. These characters call one another on their ****, LIKE REAL FRIENDS, they crack wise, they joke around, they feel so ducking comfortable in their fluidity with one another and it shows in how they strategize, improvise, and do the dirty deed of fighting bad guys which comes as a second nature to them.
    So much so, it's not even the focus of the book (reavers, ONE, what bad guys??) they just go to it,
    Support each other where needed and prove that the xmen are a family albeit a dysfunctional one as much as they are a community. It's really a book characters like Dazzler can flourish because it allows for the narrative of being a plucky outsider amongst rosters of semi gods to hold a real weight, to add to the myth is, to flesh out a world with these mutants that I haven't seen in a long ass time.

Sad to see it go.
    So much of this. The character interactions in this book and character portrayal is 10/10.

If X-men Red had half the character interactions this book had, it would have been a major hit

BANNED

Very ominous. We do know that Colossus, Beast & Dazzler make it to the Age of X-Man though, and Warpath sticks around for X-Force. So potential casualties are just Havok + Banshee, and Rosenberg has said he's a big fan of both of 'em so I can't see him killing them.

Outside of that, the only big things I can foresee is the loss of Piotr's arm and/or a heel turn for Alex or Sean.
    Whatever happens, I'm sure there will be a big cliffhanger to be addressed at a later point

Ultimate Member

Not sure that he'd have a heel turn for Alex as he was just a baddie, it'd be kind of stupid to fix him for only like 5 issues and then turn him bad again that fast...at least imho...then there's been speculation that Alex could be in the same universe/reality as Scott and Logan...

BANNED

I guess Rosenberg is away from Twitter because he's bad with compliments, because this issue was so damn good. A+ character work with Alex, Colossus and Dazzler. Dazzler fans, particularly, might enjoy this issue a lot. She was truly the MVP along Havok.

Plus, we found the New Mutants.

Captura de pantalla 2018-11-21 a las 15.40.46.jpg

I thought Rosenberg's gonna kill Havok or Dazzler or do any other things that may make fans mad at him...umm. This issue's great, I didn't really care about Havok before but now I'm a huge step closer to become his fan.
    "He did it. Summers did it."
    "I don't understand...What exactly did Cyclops do?"
    "He kept his people alive."

Quote Originally Posted by Cyyyke View Post
    I thought Rosenberg's gonna kill Havok or Dazzler or do any other things that may make fans mad at him...umm. This issue's great, I didn't really care about Havok before but now I'm a huge step closer to become his fan.
    Yeah, this comiic Madame a bigger Havok fan than before. I now like him over cyclops. Time to read his time in Mutant X universe that I skipped.

Also, it's shocking how I didn't realize how powerful he was before. New favorite summers brother

Astonishing Member

I thought the issue was great and sad, and that this run of Astonishing was pretty good, even if it was short, basically only 1 story arc.

Incredible Member

I think this little run was just about as good as any X-Men run in recent years. Warpath's comment at the end was fantastic. Banshee being back is excellent news. Dazzler using her power properly was really good to see, and was about time. Colossus putting Kitty in her place was enjoyable and Havok proves himself a proper leader.

This is how X-Men comics should be I would love to see this team together again sometime but I doubt it is possible.