Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Yeah, this comiic Madame a bigger Havok fan than before. I now like him over cyclops. Time to read his time in Mutant X universe that I skipped.

Also, it's shocking how I didn't realize how powerful he was before. New favorite summers brother
    Havok was quickly a favorite of mine when I started collecting. He was leader of a group called The Brotherhood and was trying to recruit another favorite of mine, Nate Grey. Mutant X is definitely worth getting for the first year or so of stories at the very least. If you've ever been a fan of Madelyne Pryor, you will love this version of her.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

This issue really put a smile on my face. Great that Banshee is back. I wonder what the fugitive may get into next?

I think 8 out of 10 is fair.

It ended up better than expected and giving everyone room to shine.

Havok like his brother always take the blame for everything that goes wrong but he is at peace with it. And something tells me that with Cyclops back soon it will not be long before the brothers meet again.

It was not a work that will stay in the memory of the fans in the long run but with absolute certainty it was fun .

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    Havok was quickly a favorite of mine when I started collecting. He was leader of a group called The Brotherhood and was trying to recruit another favorite of mine, Nate Grey. Mutant X is definitely worth getting for the first year or so of stories at the very least. If you've ever been a fan of Madelyne Pryor, you will love this version of her.
    Thanks, I'm a Maddy fan, so I'll check this out

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    Finally we may get to see Banshee back to normal. I hope to see his powers interact with Dazzler's and cause huge destruction. I have always wanted to see their powers acting together it could be seriously awesome.
    Got pretty much what I wanted there.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    Got pretty much what I wanted there.
    Agree! I rarely post here but have been reading the x-books for 30 years! Despite my least favorite artist this was probably my favorite comic in a long while! I usually like a bigger team with more than one female lead, but this one nailed it! Being a major fan of X-Men in the Outback I LOVED the interaction with Alex and Alison! Total throw back to them being friends without it being forced! Also love the mention of the New Mutants! Hope that thread doesn’t die with Rosenberg’s run! Well done!

*Clutches Pearls* LeonardEugenius's Avatar

This issue was good, but it doesn’t make up for all the bad. Rosenberg is batting 2/29. Glad this ended well but could’ve done without the Cyclops bashing and quippy dialogue.

I enjoyed the issue though everything wrapped up a bit too quickly. The enhanced Reavers defeated so easily, Banshee kinda cured, the evil general believing Havok's obvious lie... Despite that, I really enjoyed this arc and I hope Rosenberg is allowed to complete the obviously grand story he's weaving through all of his X-books. He gets extra points for salvaging some of the mess from Gugg's Gold wedding debacle. Peter deserved the last word with insufferably self-absorbed Kitty.

Favourite panels...
    ax1.jpg
    ax2.jpg
    ax3.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

This was pretty decent on the whole. Never much cared for any of these guys besides Beast, but this was solidly interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Skids View Post
    Agree! I rarely post here but have been reading the x-books for 30 years! Despite my least favorite artist this was probably my favorite comic in a long while! I usually like a bigger team with more than one female lead, but this one nailed it! Being a major fan of X-Men in the Outback I LOVED the interaction with Alex and Alison! Total throw back to them being friends without it being forced! Also love the mention of the New Mutants! Hope that thread doesn’t die with Rosenberg’s run! Well done!
    Rosenberg is the new UXM writer, so his run isn't over.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Another hanger with no proper ending.

What happened to Dazzler, Colossus since they didn't join Uncanny X-Men.

Banshee flew off alone.
    Havok is imprisoned.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    Another hanger with no proper ending.

What happened to Dazzler, Colossus since they didn't join Uncanny X-Men.

Banshee flew off alone.
    Havok is imprisoned.
    Tying up everything in a neat bow isn't always the only way to end a story.

This told a story about Havok. It didn't leave him in the best place but it did see him making a choice, one that gave him a certain amount of personal peace, even if it cost him.

It's not a cliffhanger ending - no more so than any ending that takes place in a serialized universe where stories are always ongoing.

As it stands, I enjoyed the hell out of this story. We'll see Havok again, for sure. But for now, I'm more than satisfied with how this left things off with him.

This issue's last line from Warpath even left me a bit choked up. Nice work from all involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    Plus, we found the New Mutants.

Attachment 74027
    How the hell did none of the X-men notice them? Warpath and Beast both have enhanced senses.

Incredible Member

Well, at least Banshee had a couple of lines of dialogue...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    How the hell did none of the X-men notice them? Warpath and Beast both have enhanced senses.
    New Mutants are held as prisoners by Callahan??

Only Wolverine has enhanced senses not Warpath or Beast