Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    Well, it is looking like there is no plan for Havok or Banshee being in Age Of X-Man (although we've only seen the covers so far) so with Rosenberg writing Uncanny it seems plausible that one or both of them could be joining Cyclops and Wolverine.
    It's already been said that there are more X-Men than just Logan and Scott in the Last X-Men, so they'll probably use Alex, Sean, and whoever is left to reform the team.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Incredible Member

Yeah, I read that. I actually don't think everyone in each book is on the covers we've seen so far. I've been wondering why Cyclops and Wolverine haven't been used in Age Of X-Man and I thought it might have been because Nate thinks they're dead. That was why I thought Banshee might be left behind as well. Havok might be left because of being too difficult to get to I suppose.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Yeah, I read that. I actually don't think everyone in each book is on the covers we've seen so far. I've been wondering why Cyclops and Wolverine haven't been used in Age Of X-Man and I thought it might have been because Nate thinks they're dead. That was why I thought Banshee might be left behind as well. Havok might be left because of being too difficult to get to I suppose.
    Apparently, Disassembled is going to end with a huge battle or some such where all of the X-Men that are in AOXM are present, so when they get warped into the new reality they're the ones that are present. If that's the case the characters that AREN'T involved in the battle - Alex bc he's in prison, Scott bc he was dead, Logan bc he was taking down Soitera, Sean because he's off who knows where, Frenzy, Sunfire, more X-Men that haven't been seen in a minute, etc - would be the ones left to reform the team during AoXM while the others are otherwise occupied.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Incredible Member

I wonder, in that case, why Cannonball and Warpath aren't going to be involved in that big battle though. I think it is most likely to do with the new Cable, but I can't imagine the rest of the X-men being happy with them running off in the middle of all these other problems to form X-Force. I guess we'll find out, but it's fun to speculate.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I like Dazzler. Hopefully, she ends up on Scott and Logan’s team, assuming they have their own team separate from Uncanny. Give them characters like Colossus, Dazzler and Archangel who aren’t on Jean, Storm and Bishop’s Uncanny squad.
    Dazzler is set to appear in Apocalypse & the X-tracts, so she won't be available. Same goes for Colossus, who's over in Marvelous X-Men. Archangels status in the Age of X-Man is unknown- either he's there and he isn't on a team, or he was left behind in 616.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    With the Disassembled writers hinting that all the X-Men are gonna be fighting someone at the end of this arc and they all get transported to AoXM. So maybe that'll be when Dazzler and Colossus show up.
    It'll be interesting to see who/what they go up against given there a number of potential threats. I assume Dazzler & Colossus answer the call, and the students come to the aid of the X-Men too, as we know they're present in the Age of X-Man too.

Well, it is looking like there is no plan for Havok or Banshee being in Age Of X-Man (although we've only seen the covers so far) so with Rosenberg writing Uncanny it seems plausible that one or both of them could be joining Cyclops and Wolverine.
    I 100% expect to see Havok at least. General Callahan has connected New Mutants & Astonishing X-Men, and it makes sense for him to resurface in Uncanny X-Men. With Havok as his prisoner, it makes sense for Scott & Logan to break him out.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    It's already been said that there are more X-Men than just Logan and Scott in the Last X-Men, so they'll probably use Alex, Sean, and whoever is left to reform the team.
    Archangel hasn't been seen in the Age of X-Man yet. X may be lingering somewhere. Emma Frost is holed up in the reinvented Hellfire Club. Mystique is likely masquerading in Madripoor. Danger is likely with the Raksha at the Madripoor Institute. Assumably X-Force (Cable, Domino, Cannonball, Shatterstar, Warpath + Boom Boom) and the other New Mutants from Dead Souls (Magik, Wolfsbane, Strong Guy & Karma) remain in the 616. Rogue and Gambit may have returned from Mojoworld by that point. And that's not even including Sunspot, Sunfire, Chamber, Frenzy, Trinary, Gentle etc.

There remain plenty of X-Men to form a team if that's what Rosenberg is going for. Can y'all imagine a team with Cyclops, Wolverine, Havok, Emma Frost, Mystique, Banshee, Sunfire & Frenzy? So much discord, and so much badassery. One thing I do love about all the AU nonsense that happens every few years is that it often forces characters together that we rarely see interacting.

I'm sure there will be supporting characters and mutant antagonists pulled into the Age of X-Man as well, so you're probably right that the covers aren't necessarily a tell for who's involved.

I think it could very well be a proximity thing. The X-Men caught up in the reality warp may just be the ones battling it out with whatever threat/s they come up against in the final issue/s of Uncanny: Disassembled.

BANNED

The thing with Dazzler and Banshee was delicious and Ali hasn't gotten this much use and the extent of her powers in a very long time. The holograms and the power boost. Loved it.

The art in this issue made me even more thirsty for Colossus...big hunk of Russian and so glad he got a dig in at Kitty and just walked away.

This was a very satisfying issue and loved the little hidden image of the New Mutants.

He has Kitty round off all the threads from his other books, so I'm glad we got that. Looking forward to what's coming next.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    The thing with Dazzler and Banshee was delicious
    Honestly I have been waiting for something like that to happen for decades. Seriously I have no idea why this combination has never been a massive thing. Fastball special to the power ten.

Honestly I have been waiting for something like that to happen for decades. Seriously I have no idea why this combination has never been a massive thing. Fastball special to the power ten.
    Both characters havent had much time in the spotlight. The closest they've ever come to coexisting was the late 80s during the Siege Perilous but Claremont never had her rejoin the team when Banshee did. She would later spend a large part of the next decade in limbo and when she came back, Banshee was on his way out until now. For what its worth, Dazzler already performed this team up with the other Banshee (Siryn) during the Utopia era

Incredible Member

yes, it's unfortunate they haven't had much time together. The extent of their powers hasn't really been properly explored. Banshee hasn't been seriously stretched since he burned his powers out way back in that jaunt to Japan (was it around 117?).

Personally I'd love to see more of those two interacting.

Incredible Member

Sorry it was 119.

Incredible Member

Agree; I was stoked when they wound up on the same team. Pity is was such a brief run. I do hope to see them both...and together...soon.

Ultimate Member

I wonder if we'll get to see anybody's reaction to what Alex did at the end of the issue...maybe Lorna...though I won't hold my breath...

Astonishing was brief, but Rosenberg had it dressed to impress:

He said he was gonna showcase Dazz as the powerhouse she is. CHECK. Fierce. The Banshee boost and the hologram decoys were rad AF. #IrishRemix
    He brought back sexy Beardlossus. Also drunk. #BLESSED
    He managed to endear me to Alex. It may have taken the very last couple of pages but he did it. I'm stubborn, but he won. Resistance was futile. #RosenBorg

Well done sir.