Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

I've long seen Warren and Jean as the couple that looks perfect on paper but has no actual spark to make it interesting. They would totally have been one of those pairings setup by their respective families and then lulled into years of society grinding and mutual melancholy.
    Last edited by ariwl1; 11-16-2018 at 10:57 AM.

Mighty Member

What, Jean can't get together with a black man? I think Bishop and Jean would be an interesting pair, it would be something new and different and not a rehash of sticking her back with Scott. I would like to see it but no chance it would happen, plus a lot of people would lose their collective shit.

If Jean is going to date I think it should be with someone outside of the X-Men. They could still be a mutant as long as they're not on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    What, Jean can't get together with a black man? I think Bishop and Jean would be an interesting pair, it would be something new and different and not a rehash of sticking her back with Scott. I would like to see it but no chance it would happen, plus a lot of people would lose their collective shit.
    Nobody said that....
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Jean already has many platonic relationshiop with male characters. It's time to get more than platonic

Extraordinary Member

I would be more open to Bishop & Rachel.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Meh. Jean is single, so every hetero male with a pulse is going to shoot his shot. I expect nothing less. Happens to every attractive woman that I know.

It would impress me more if they show Jean spotting someone that she likes outside of the X-Men and actively making a play for him. The X-dudes are all old news and not worth her time, energy, or love. Including Logan and Scott.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

He trying to kill her grandchild. Now that would be weird.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    XO

I don’t think Bishop is a broken man, despite decades of writers putting him through devastating circumstances. He knows himself, he knows his strengths, he knows his lane. That’s why Sage was such a good fit. She was a weirdo, but she was confident in everything she did.

Jean sees and falls in love with potential, which is both a blessing and curse. I think Bishop would be annoyed at Jean’s prodding and affection, and Jean would be frustrated with Bishop’s “complete-ness”.

Jean should try to fix Warren.
    You may be right. Bishop too serious and closed off to someone like Jean.

on other side I could see Bishop learning to be more open

Warren and Jean are friends. No way a romance would be believable

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Warren and Jean are friends. No way a romance would be believable
    I don’t think it’ll be romantic. Jean doesn’t have a history of responding to romance. I think Warren is a mess, and she’ll try to fix him. It’ll be boring, but I’m going the whole obvious-ness will get called out. Everyone seems focused on pairing Jean, they never consider that maybe she’s not right “paired” to someone.

If Jean wants to start a no string fling with Bishop, that’s cool... but everything about her BUILDS strings. Bishop would probably see through it. He doesn’t need fixing.

Was Bishop’s return to the X-Men after what he did satisfactory?

Anything is better than Jean/Scott or Jean/Logan

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I don’t think it’ll be romantic. Jean doesn’t have a history of responding to romance. I think Warren is a mess, and she’ll try to fix him. It’ll be boring, but I’m going the whole obvious-ness will get called out. Everyone seems focused on pairing Jean, they never consider that maybe she’s not right “paired” to someone.

If Jean wants to start a no string fling with Bishop, that’s cool... but everything about her BUILDS strings. Bishop would probably see through it. He doesn’t need fixing.
    No romance, you mean characters saying that Jean-Warren are so perfect together that it is boring as hell? yeah I can get behind it

Jean give herlself fully to everything, yeah you are right, Jean is fully 100% in anything she does.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    He trying to kill her grandchild. Now that would be weird.
    just a normal day for x-men

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Two problems:
    1. I want Bishop dead and gone.
    2. Jean needs to be on her own for the next 5-10 years.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

I'd be down with it. The problem is modern Marvel writers don't know how to write a blossoming romantic relationship. They either make it instantaneous (Time jump! Havok and Wasp are totally in love and have a baby!) or stall so long that nothing significant ever seems to happen on panel (Nightcrawler and Rachel, Kitty and Iceman).

If you want the readers invested in these romantic pairings, then you have to invest time into writing them. No one seems to be able to do that, which is why they always fall back on the old classic pairings everyone knows. (Kitty and Colossus, Rogue and Gambit, and most likely Jean and Scott again.)
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    I'd be down with it. The problem is modern Marvel writers don't know how to write a blossoming romantic relationship. They either make it instantaneous (Time jump! Havok and Wasp are totally in love and have a baby!) or stall so long that nothing significant ever seems to happen on panel (Nightcrawler and Rachel, Kitty and Iceman).

If you want the readers invested in these romantic pairings, then you have to invest time into writing them. No one seems to be able to do that, which is why they always fall back on the old classic pairings everyone knows. (Kitty and Colossus, Rogue and Gambit, and most likely Jean and Scott again.)
    This is true, though with today's comic norms I honestly don't know how you strike a proper balance between not rushing into things or dragging it out so long readers get bored. Lest we forget, Jean and Scott danced around their feelings for each other for pretty much the entire Silver Age. Their first kiss wasn't until after the All-New team had joined the ranks.