Page 30 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    In the context of AoXM, Bean doesn't need buildup - that world is developing right now. However, there isn't enough groundwork for the relationship to translate into the main MU when you consider that: Jean has been shown to still desire Scott in some way, creating a reason to not pursue another relationship until that is addressed; Bishop is almost comically the most contentious person Jean could be with considering the actions he took against her son and granddaughter; and if AoXM is the basis for a potential relationship in the main MU, it presents its own set of problems. And the imitating life argument is perfectly fine, but we can't disregard that these are narratives that are constructed by creative teams and use "imitating life" as a blanket defense.
    Bishop: Hey,cable.I mean kid cable,remember me?
    Kid-cable: I heard of you.You tried to kill my daughter.You failed.
    Bishop: But I killed it with your mother.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    In the context of AoXM, Bean doesn't need buildup - that world is developing right now. However, there isn't enough groundwork for the relationship to translate into the main MU when you consider that: Jean has been shown to still desire Scott in some way, creating a reason to not pursue another relationship until that is addressed; Bishop is almost comically the most contentious person Jean could be with considering the actions he took against her son and granddaughter; and if AoXM is the basis for a potential relationship in the main MU, it presents its own set of problems. And the imitating life argument is perfectly fine, but we can't disregard that these are narratives that are constructed by creative teams and use "imitating life" as a blanket defense.
    Bishop: Hey,cable.I mean kid cable,remember me?
    Kid-cable: I heard of you.You tried to kill my daughter.You failed.
    Bishop: But I killed it with your mother.
    Last edited by AHRNIHAL; 01-31-2019 at 11:29 AM.

"I couldn't get the baby, BUT I GOT THE MOMMA!"
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Fantastic Member Legaldrugdealer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Omfg I'm dying lol

Grandma. ....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Grandma. ....
    Madelyn Pryor is Nate's mother.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    What's your point? ?? ? ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Sadly that's not happening. Scott's as big a Marvel boy toy as Wolverine. So if anything, he'll be written as a victim to be sympathized with, then he'll kick Bishop's ass -because nowadays fights are decided by who the popular character is. Then at best, Jean will step in to save Bishop & scold Cyclops. And again, that's only at best. lol
    And then hopefully Bishop realises he's the boytoy and is being used by Jean to try and shy away from committing to the man who needs her out of some personal sense of insecurity, and ends things himself. I'd like to think he is no idiot and will be man enough to eventually stand aside.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 01-31-2019 at 04:13 PM.

BANNED

So is Jeannie.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I don't get the "build up" nonsense. I understand that as a reader you may need the ramp up time to become emotionally invested, but if comics are merely art imitating life, you might want to consider all of the people in real life who got married -- and remained married for their entire lives -- after knowing their spouse for a very short time. And certainly without having any of the overwrought history that Jott has.
    It's a When Harry Met Sally vs Pretty Woman kind of thing. People have preferences about how they approach romance. Jean's history tells us she tends to move slowly and tentatively. Circumstances can effect romance just as much as preferences. Within AoXM, we don't really understand the circumstances right now. These characters have new histories we know very little about.

This all changes back in the 616 because we do understand the characters histories. Once everyone comes back and realizes they just woke up from a dream essentially then things like buildup will matter more because we can look at the characters track record to inform what would be reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I, for one, will just ride with it. I wanted Jean back, and she's back. I wanted Jean to have a new relationship, something more intriguing than the expired milk that's been on the shelf for decades, and we're getting that, albeit not necessarily in the form that I'd hoped. I'll just go with it and hope that at the end of the day this story doesn't devolve into Jean's version of, "I dated a Black guy once."
    What's more likely is that the story devolves into "I once got roofied by my alternate reality son". Actually it already has. The memory wipe means that literally no one is in any shape to consent to anything right now.

Jean is Nate Grey's genetic mother. Maddie didn't have anything to do with it. Maddie is Nathan Christopher's birth mother.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Bashing one relationship isn't going to make the other happen. it only makes everybody a little more miserable for something none of us have any control. I'm a Jean/Scott fan but Jean/Bishop is the story Marvel wants to tell at the moment. No need to hate other characters or relationships.

Ultimate Member

And Maddie was done away with to whitewash Scott's actions...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    And Maddie was done away with to whitewash Scott's actions...
    Maddie was done away with because Shooter green-lite Jean's resurrection and the reuniting of Scott and Jean necessitating the DPS retcon. So if were being honest, Maddie was done away with as a consequence of Jean's actions in the DPS being whitewashed. The recton was agreed to by editorial first, then the issues where Scott left Maddie were written. It's a simple cause and effect scenario.

Lay the blames where it lies, with Shooter and Layton, not the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by 404ArgeTal View Post
    Really?
    Did you see the previous thread about Black characters that aren't Bishop? It got derailed at one point because some guys complained he never gets the girls and Cyclops and Wolverine do. That he wasn't important for this and was proof that Marvel didn't care about him.
    From what i have read Cyclops and Wolverine fans have been pretty fine with this, Maybe this gives Scemma a second breath. Some are enjoying not having to deal with the love triangle that made both of them look like fools. On the other side i already see other people clinging desperately to this

Given Marvel track record with all other relationships outside of the Fantastic Four, there are many things that are sure, like for example that they all will end. This is not different, or what? suddenly Bishop and Jean will Marry and live happy forever? No way in hell this is going to happen. Thinking otherwise is delusional
    You need to chill fam. You're way too heated about this