Page 38 of 42 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    In Hizashi's post the question was raised, if not Bishop for Jean then who...so I said Logan...
    No thanks, no offense to you (or Jean fans) but i think that Wolverine is a lot better off without that relationship dragging him down.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

In Hizashi's post the question was raised, if not Bishop for Jean then who...so I said Logan...
    Why Logan?

Ultimate Member

Besides the fact that he's been in love with her for years and she imho him for years as well and that with Logan Jean would still easily be able to lead a team with few to nobody wondering if/when Logan was going to lead the team and Logan would be more than fine taking orders from Jean, and any relationship with Jean would only drag him down if the writers made it happen...otherwise it'd be great for both imho...

All that would have to be better than reliving the 90's and such all over again with Scott/Jean and Logan rounding out the triangle...

Sage is spelt S-a-g-e, not J-e-a-n.
    DC, please give Jonah Hex a new solo.

Besides the fact that he's been in love with her for years and she imho him for years as well and that with Logan Jean would still easily be able to lead a team with few to nobody wondering if/when Logan was going to lead the team and Logan would be more than fine taking orders from Jean, and any relationship with Jean would only drag him down if the writers made it happen...otherwise it'd be great for both imho...

All that would have to be better than reliving the 90's and such all over again with Scott/Jean and Logan rounding out the triangle...
    It's not gonna happen and nor should it. Logan should have moved on a long time ago and actually had till they bring it back up. All it does is make all the characters involved look awful. Seriously, just let it die. The entire thing even only existed because of Claremont's salt at how Maddie was done dirty

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    It's not gonna happen and nor should it. Logan should have moved on a long time ago and actually had till they bring it back up. All it does is make all the characters involved look awful. Seriously, just let it die. The entire thing even only existed because of Claremont's salt at how Maddie was done dirty
    See people, he gets it.

Seriously, Marvel isn't interested in doing it and is not changing anytime soon.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    See people, he gets it.

Seriously, Marvel isn't interested in doing it and is not changing anytime soon.
    Yeah. Now granted with the right Wolverine fanboy at Marvel, it could happen. So I wouldn't count it out. But again, any pairings that are legit going to happen will get thrown together & be happening quickly. Again, couples that got dragged out and left hanging for longer periods that didn't happen

1. Jean x Logan
    2. Rogue x Deadpool
    3. Creed x Monet
    4. Rogue x Torch

More can probably be added to this list. Since I don't follow too many pairings heavily, examples are limited. But what pairings have taken off or had something legit happen?

1. Rogue x Gambit -shotgun wedding after not being together in years
    2. Creed x Mystique -randomly sleeping together in Aaron's X-run
    3. Warpath x Domino
    4. Domino x Colossus from what I hear
    5. Deadpool x Shiklah
    6. Jean x Bishop
    7. Betsy x Blob

8. Jubes x Chamber -slight subversion due to the latter being a small character & not shown much.
    9. Domino x Logan -it was a mini series fling, but we still got to see them together & get busy.

Again, there may be more & clear exceptions. But for the most part, Modern Marvel doesn't pussyfoot around with ships they plan to sail. If they're dragging around on it, it's because they aren't really interested. But that doesn't mean they won't troll fans by bringing it up for humor or whenever it's convenient to tease for a bit & drop.

As a paining fan,you have to know when to recognize your ship may never happen. This is especially true if there's been ample time to do something with it but it just goes ignored, while possibly having the respective characters thrown to someone else.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 02-04-2019 at 07:53 AM.

Astonishing Member

Rember Mariko is alive again.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Man I wish Johnny Storm x Rogue happened. That would've been a twist for the ages.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Man I wish Johnny Storm x Rogue happened. That would've been a twist for the ages.
    That can go on my first list too. Wasn't it teased for a pretty good bit like her x Deadpool? And typical Marvel fashion, neither ship happened & we got her thrown with Gambit. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    See people, he gets it.

Marvel has been dancing around LoganxJean for along time and I don't see any signal that editors want these two together. They had a perfect time to do it on the end of Morrison run and they just prefered jean dead. Cowards

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    I actually enjoy seeing Jean organically flirt with someone that isn't her usual kind of partner. It feels innocent and sexy, I feel like the almost pubescent way in which she's approaching this is probably how she'd open herself up to the situation because of the gap in her mortal development. She's been dead for a long time, she's probably second guessing her finesse and it's beautiful to watch her not use her telepathic powers to read his cues. They could be doing this way more hamfistedly and I'm glad they aren't. Get some dick, Jean ❤️
    Yes, Jean deserves some fun
    Jean has very little experience on the dating camp, she dated Scott and it was it. Makes sense she is being a bit awkward.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 02-04-2019 at 08:25 AM.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Seeing Jean be culpable and vulnerable in matters of the heart when it's her OWN issues is the kind of characterization I came for. The humanizing non phoenixy stuff that to me is long overdue and way more interesting to watch unfold. Jean, for far too long has butted into other people's relationships, making suggestions and telepathic tweaks where she sees fit. But having an adult Jean back, with the memories of how she's been a leader in her youth but an absolute poser in her own life, and trying to put into practice the learned experience of that warms me to a character I'd written off years ago.

It also helps that Bishop isn't trying to force anything and is being an absolute gentleman and pragmatist in this scenario. The Xmales could use more examples of this kind of maturity and non perform active gentlemanliness (Nightcrawler) to balance out the broken egos and machismo.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    That can go on my first list too. Wasn't it teased for a pretty good bit like her x Deadpool? And typical Marvel fashion, neither ship happened & we got her thrown with Gambit. Again.
    Zub made it so it was a fling and then Johnny got with Medusa as a rebound, so it was already over before it even began.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    This bolded part is where I think we have reached an impasse. Unless you made a mistake or (more likely) I'm misunderstanding you, we're talking about the choices being made in AoXM translating to the 616 and I just don't think that works. Those choices make sense in context of the AoXM, but they aren't necessarily the choices that the 616 versions would have made and that means these experiences should be considered separate - which also negates your memory implant analogy. They aren't dealing with MI's where they behaved as themselves but an entirely separate existence as different people. Otherwise, I actually agree with you.
    I don't see why AOXM couldn't open each other minds to a new relationship. They were different on the AU but still got the core of these characters intact: Bishop still is thepragmatic detective and Jean is compassionate.

I actually do want Scott alone for a little while, but more to work on himself and maybe actually deal with some of his mental health struggles - although, I doubt Marvel will do anything with that. No one is claiming Scott has a right to be with Jean, by the way. I also don't have a problem with Jean finding a new love interest, or even AoXM!Bean - but the context of 616 raises a few issues, namely Cable and Hope. Is that just gonna get swept under the rug? If not Bishop, who would you suggest?

Trust me, I don't think we'll find many people clamoring for a return to toxic relationships, but management seems to think there's a market for it. I hope Rogue and Gambit are left alone.
    For sure Hope and Bishop will be dealt. exterminated suggested it

On x-men I don't think there is a better suitor than Bishop

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I don't see why AOXM couldn't open each other minds to a new relationship. They were different on the AU but still got the core of these characters intact: Bishop still is thepragmatic detective and Jean is compassionate.

For sure Hope and Bishop will be dealt. exterminated suggested it

On x-men I don't think there is a better suitor than Bishop
    Nightcrawler would have been perfect if not for Guggs wasting him on Rachel