Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Can'tHexTheX View Post
    Women should remain on standby forever, just in case their ex-husbands get bored with the mistress.[/sarcasm]
    Function of women is serve their husbands. No free will. [sarcasm_]

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    The thing you guys are missing it is it might not be "manufactured memories". They are actual memories the thing that forced is the setting. It is liked someone kidnapped bunch of people and put them on a deserted island and during that period the people fall in love. The situation is forced but they are living as they would be influenced by setting. Similar things have happened in real life when the people got back to civilization the relationship didn't' work because when they got back to real life they were just from different worlds and some of the connection they had only happened because they were isolated together. Also in the same manner sometimes it works as well.

I guess it comes down to if you see the world as construct and no actions take by the people are their choice or do see it as they are living their lives and they have control of their decisions but actions are affected by a different world set up and different situations in the world .Basically what I mention above they are kidnapped but every decision they make on the island is their choice being influenced by situation. Under that context it is easy to understand how a relationship would start in the real world because of them realize that was actually them in age of x-man and if scenario were different in the real world that could be them.

PS-The people in age of X-man are in control of their actions, Why else would they be putting in them jail of sorts,If it was just artificial world with no control over actions whoever is in control could just rewrite the world and they wouldn't have any issues.
    Agree 100%. People on Age of X-man are doing their own thing. There is some manipulation(as the mind wipes), but we know sex and romance is not allowed. So Bishop and Jean are doing their own thing, they are consenting aldult on this context.

maybe they see the relationship on AOXM as something that is worthy to give a try on 616.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Women have to be loyal to their men all the time. [sarcasm]

She laughed? I don't remember she laughing when she was finding Fantomex attractive, he even disarmed her so she would let him escape.
    Jean was always sexual, the problem was that she had very little room to act because of Scott.
    Jean Grey? Prime Jean Grey was never sexual..besides Scott, you never see her sexual with anyone...unless its alternate timelines.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    Jean Grey? Prime Jean Grey was never sexual..besides Scott, you never see her sexual with anyone...unless its alternate timelines.
    Im gonna have to agree with you. Jean has rarely been portrayed as a sexual character. She tends to be far more modest than other woman around her

Surely, when someone complains about women getting the same privileges as men, unsettlingly archaic sexual opinions are there as well. Part and parcel. This is the type of behavior that should be entirely denounced. It's exactly why Jean should explore other relationships, if only to trash the obnoxiously entitled patriarchy. I say this as a guy.
    And if I meant it to apply to male and female characters? It won't/can't apply to all characters, obviously, but there are some where a casual approach wouldn't make sense. I'm not even saying that Jean/Bishop as an idea wouldn't work, but Jean wouldn't be in it just for the physical aspect. She is a commitment type of girl, if she were to be with Bishop (or anyone for that matter) it would/should be because she wants a serious long-term relationship, not "to have fun" or "screw around".

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    SeX =/= making love & never has, so that's nothing new. It being a mostly recreational activity, and pretty much a fundamental functionality of human nature in many ways, is as old as time itself. SeX = pleasure, MUCH more often than not. If not, then you're probably just doin' it wrong. ;p
    Sure, but we're not talking about characters from a thousand years ago - modern people can try all they want, but it's very difficult to keep feelings out of it. And Jean might have been shown to be sex-positive but that's been in the confines of a committed relationship - and that's a good thing to see, same as other types of sex-positive female characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    The thing you guys are missing it is it might not be "manufactured memories". They are actual memories the thing that forced is the setting. It is liked someone kidnapped bunch of people and put them on a deserted island and during that period the people fall in love. The situation is forced but they are living as they would be influenced by setting. Similar things have happened in real life when the people got back to civilization the relationship didn't' work because when they got back to real life they were just from different worlds and some of the connection they had only happened because they were isolated together. Also in the same manner sometimes it works as well.

I guess it comes down to if you see the world as construct and no actions take by the people are their choice or do see it as they are living their lives and they have control of their decisions but actions are affected by a different world set up and different situations in the world .Basically what I mention above they are kidnapped but every decision they make on the island is their choice being influenced by situation. Under that context it is easy to understand how a relationship would start in the real world because of them realize that was actually them in age of x-man and if scenario were different in the real world that could be them.

PS-The people in age of X-man are in control of their actions, Why else would they be putting in them jail of sorts,If it was just artificial world with no control over actions whoever is in control could just rewrite the world and they wouldn't have any issues.
    The arguments being made are contradictory: either the context and character histories from the 616 don't matter because these aren't the same characters at all, or they are the same characters regardless which actually raises serious considerations. I haven't come up with these arguments.

Assuming the AoXM follows some standard rules of AU's, your analogy doesn't work because it's not just the setting that's manufactured, their histories have been as well - they haven't been put on an island with their 616 memories and characterization intact, they've had histories and memories manufactured for them. Explain to me how Jean and Bishop could start a relationship in 616 after that.

I'm not really following the conversation here. Jean/Bishop isn't just sex. They're clearly in love as we could see on the scene where Betsy reads his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I'm not really following the conversation here. Jean/Bishop isn't just sex. They're clearly in love as we could see on the scene where Betsy reads his mind.
    That’s because too many people are talking about Jean/Bishop within the context of AoXM and a potential relationship after interchangeably.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    She was too busy with Scott to act on anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    And if I meant it to apply to male and female characters? It won't/can't apply to all characters, obviously, but there are some where a casual approach wouldn't make sense. I'm not even saying that Jean/Bishop as an idea wouldn't work, but Jean wouldn't be in it just for the physical aspect. She is a commitment type of girl, if she were to be with Bishop (or anyone for that matter) it would/should be because she wants a serious long-term relationship, not "to have fun" or "screw around".

Sure, but we're not talking about characters from a thousand years ago - modern people can try all they want, but it's very difficult to keep feelings out of it. And Jean might have been shown to be sex-positive but that's been in the confines of a committed relationship - and that's a good thing to see, same as other types of sex-positive female characters.
    I'm not so sure of that. She is moved mostly about love, but sex for sex could happen.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 02-03-2019 at 05:44 PM.

Women should remain on standby forever, just in case their ex-husbands get bored with the mistress.[/sarcasm]
    She put the idea in his head. He had walked away, it's not his fault they couldn't keep shit together without him. What about that huh?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    She put the idea in his head. He had walked away, it's not his fault they couldn't keep shit together without him. What about that huh?
    It's the woman's fault whenever a man loses interest and is excited by someone else. [/sarcasm]

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

It's the woman's fault whenever a man loses interest and is excited by someone else. [/sarcasm]
    This doesn't address the scenario Scott was put into.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    This doesn't address the scenario Scott was put into.
    The scenario he was put in was that he gets to get out of a marriage he wants out of while taking 0 responsibility for it.

Because it's the woman's fault.

The scenario he was put in was that he gets to get out of a marriage he wants out of while taking 0 responsibility for it.

Because it's the woman's fault.
    The marriage was over by Jean's death. Him moving on with Emma was ultimately something that required her intervention, which counters the point that it was something he ultimately wanted to do and follow through with of his own volition. The resulting relationship also continues to be incredibly hated similar to Jean's current relationship which is either the result of Nate's interference or Jean's own choice. So what makes them different? What is different between Jean's situation and Scott's?
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 02-03-2019 at 08:19 PM.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    The marriage was over by Jean's death. Him moving on with Emma was ultimately something that required her intervention, which counters the point that it was something he ultimately wanted to do and follow through with of his own volition. The resulting relationship also continues to be incredibly hated similar to Jean's current relationship which is the result of Nate's interference or is it really Jean's own choice. So what makes them different?
    Jean wasn't dead when Scott started the affair with Emma. Nobody made him do that. He chose to start getting sexual with Emma during "therapy" sessions. Meanwhile, he wasn't sleeping with his own wife. His choice was very clear. lol He wanted Emma, and had no issues hooking up with her while his wife was alive. But her death, I guess, made him feel cheap. Idk He's like Trevor from Candyman. He spends spare time cheating on his wife with one of his students, said wife ends up in a mental hospital, and he starts moving his student into their house. After his wife is killed at the end of the film, now he feels bad & is crying in his bathroom at her memory. Again, where was that supposed love & concern when she was alive & he was boinking his student? Scott falls into the same category. Be unfaithful to his wife, and feel guilty after she's dead.

In any case, the difference with Jean x Bishop.

#1. Jean is not married & cheating on a partner.
    #2. The person she's with actually likes her, rather than just starting an affair hurt someone and catching feelings by chance afterwards.

Jean & Bishop are starting from a fresh place basically. Nobody is cheating or being cheated. Nate may have placed everyone in this AU, but they are responding how they genuinely would under the circumstances. They aren't being controlled. This is similar to memory implants. Wolverine & Creed get them as an easy retcon button. But in any case, despite some of their memories being false, they still reacted genuinely to events they thought to be true. Sabretooth once thought his father murdered his mother, and we see him scream in anguish at the thought. That turned out to not be true, but his reaction to it still was.

Mighty Member

I always thought Jean's sprit told Scott " to live", not you have my blessing go bang Emma. Maybe I read it wrong. Also Scott said multiple times that he chose Emma over Jean so he has absolutely no say in any romantic relationship she chooses to pursue.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    I always thought Jean's sprit told Scott " to live", not you have my blessing go bang Emma. Maybe I read it wrong. Also Scott said multiple times that he chose Emma over Jean so he has absolutely no say in any romantic relationship she chooses to pursue.
    I was aiming more at what makes Scott's influence by Jean to live, different than being put in an alternate reality where their past lives are different. One seems to be viewed as liberating and okay, the other seems to be viewed as damnable. Scott cheated through a psychic affair but Jean made an odd attempt at Wolverine only to be turned down. To say who did worse avoids the acknowledgement that both made mistakes. Jean most likely wouldn't have had a relationship with Bishop without Nate's interference and Scott wouldn't have had a relationship with Emma without Jean's. I don't really see how one is different.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Jean wasn't dead when Scott started the affair with Emma. Nobody made him do that. He chose to start getting sexual with Emma during "therapy" sessions. Meanwhile, he wasn't sleeping with his own wife. His choice was very clear. lol He wanted Emma, and had no issues hooking up with her while his wife was alive. But her death, I guess, made him feel cheap. Idk He's like Trevor from Candyman. He spends spare time cheating on his wife with one of his students, said wife ends up in a mental hospital, and he starts moving his student into their house. After his wife is killed at the end of the film, now he feels bad & is crying in his bathroom at her memory. Again, where was that supposed love & concern when she was alive & he was boinking his student? Scott falls into the same category. Be unfaithful to his wife, and feel guilty after she's dead.
    That doesn't seem like a fair or equal comparison/summation of events. Scott didn't go to Emma to sleep with her. It progressed to the psychic affair while physical encounters were put down by Scott.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 02-03-2019 at 08:36 PM.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia