Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Can'tHexTheX View Post
    Wouldn't drag ol' Manlyclops down though, eh?

I will ALWAYS like the idea of Jean and Logan together, but this is just honest fact. Besides these two, the other option I would sorta kinda like, Nightcrawler, is just too nice.

I ultimately couldn't buy Jean with any character that is a sweetheart. I'd pair her with a character that is a bit of a dick so that they can balance each other out or pull one way or another for story reasons. Bishop fits that pretty well.
    Yeah, I really don't see the chemistry with Nightcrawler. I love Kurt, but on Red they were best on platonic level. It would get boring too easy

Wolverine story with Jean can be good or bad, depends how you see it. Some see as obssession and others see it as devotion. Writers have other plans for Wolvie, that doesn't involve Jean. They have been running from that, maybe because they doesn't want along term serious relationship.
    ororo and Logan was very close to Wolverine dead

Bishop harded heart contrast well with compassionate Jean

If the comics guys think they are just going to coast on making every dynamic go back to the 90s they are in for a rude awakening.
    X-office needs to accept that 90s died

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Working with someone who's done shady things isn't the same thing as being in a relationship with them. As implausible as it seems, Scott only killed one person while Phoenix influenced - and DP has absolved others before. You know what you get with Logan.

Of all the characters Marvel could've picked, why the one who has this kind of baggage with Jean? I'm not even saying it's impossible for them to make it work, but everyone seems content to ignore it.
    I don't think anyone agrees with the character assassination. Bishop was never a villain and see him being a mass murderer was pretty crazy. For me it never completely registered

I think everyone saw villains here and there being pardoned by x-men; that also makes everyone forget about it. It isn't big deal.

On x-men, almost all male character already have baggage of toher relationships or are related to Jean. what you think is bad, editors think they can mine drama relationship. What character you suggest?

So Kurt dating Rachel disqualifies him, but Bishop gunning after Cable and Hope doesn't disqualify him? She missed both things - I'm trying to understand the logic here.
    So you are ok with Kurt sleeping with Mother and daughter? I really can't think a mom going after her daughter ex EW

What Bishop did was horrible for sure. Then you have him asking forgiveness and really seems to regret it.
    X-men are always forgiving and Jean isn't different. It will be awkward but not dating your daughter ex awkward

"Keeping their cores" means nothing, they aren't the same people.
    Well different versions of the character, but I can see if someone is interested on 616Jean could also be interested on AOXJean
    Last edited by spirit2011; 02-04-2019 at 06:55 PM.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Eh, Scott and Jean were solid back in those days, they can be again if Marvel cared. But i'm not a diehard shippers of those 2 and i had zero problem with then being apart, i just don't find much reason to care for Bean at the moment, i'm open for being convinced of the contrary and she having sex with Lucas doesn't scandalize me.
    I agree with everything here. The only difference is that while I do have one preference, Scott is the character I prefer to follow and would prefer receives decent writing over anything else. He definitely need some time on his own with his kids.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 02-04-2019 at 07:59 PM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I don't think anyone agrees with the character assassination. Bishop was never a villain and see him being a mass murderer was pretty crazy. For me it never completely registered

I think everyone saw villains here and there being pardoned by x-men; that also makes everyone forget about it. It isn't big deal.

On x-men, almost all male character already have baggage of toher relationships or are related to Jean. what you think is bad, editors think they can mine drama relationship. What character you suggest?
    We can all agree that Bishop was character assassinated and that wasn't fair, but his actions are still a matter of fact in-universe. Forgiving or at least setting it aside to get the job done is one thing, but it's a stretch to take that to a relationship - especially when you consider the actions Bishop took were against Jean's owned loved ones. This is a serious consideration if their relationship makes it to the main MU, but you're right that she has baggage with pretty much all of the other X-Men.

When the question of potential love interests for Jean was raised before (and there was a theory that maybe Jean would be making her way to the Avengers, even if only for a while), I suggested Hawkeye or Thor. Black Panther would've been interesting, but Storm...

So you are ok with Kurt sleeping with Mother and daughter? I really can't think a mom going after her daughter ex EW

What Bishop did was horrible for sure. Then you have him asking forgiveness and really seems to regret it.
    X-men are always forgiving and Jean isn't different. It will be awkward but not dating your daughter ex awkward
    No, I was trying to point out the absurdity and lack of logical consistency here. I think both of these things disqualify both of them, but Bishop's actions can be retconned in some way, I'm sure.

Yeah, not dating your daughter's ex awkward - just dating your son and granddaughter's multiple attempted murderer awkward.

Well different versions of the character, but I can see if someone is interested on 616Jean could also be interested on AOXJean
    That's just interest, but that doesn't make for the basis of a relationship in context.

BANNED

We all know why Bishop can't be forgiven lol. That aside, Bishop's actions were nothing personal. The guy thought the baby would precipitate the world ending. If a certain Mary Sue had done the same thing, there would have been an obvious scapegoat and we would have had to hear from the peanut gallery about how he is the only X-Man that can make "hard choices" or whatever.

The people who don't want Jean with Bishop and the people who don't like Jean are going to weaponize Bishop's history to tarnish Jean's character. Let Bishop recover from his character assassination and don't forget that #yourfaveisproblematic!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    The people who don't want Jean with Bishop and the people who don't like Jean are going to weaponize Bishop's history to tarnish Jean's character. Let Bishop recover from his character assassination and don't forget that #yourfaveisproblematic!
    As the young folks say, "say it louder for the people in the back."

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

So the way i see it is some people are upset that Jean may hook up with a former teammate that she lived with and trusted that flipped out and tried to the kill the son of her clone that she raised in a alternate future, It seems cut and dry, but it is some factors to consider. Bishop believed that Hope would be the catalyst for a future that damned mutants. Has anyone considered that in Bishop mind at the time that him accomplishing his task would make things right?

I am not defending Bishop actions, but looking at it from his perspective at the time. That the individuals residing on those earths were not "real" to him and would be no different than the X-men doing what is necessary to prevent a future that would be worse.Again not defending his actions ,just thinking about insight. He could have believed that his actions would change history and save more lives. In short we have to look at things from the perspective of someone from a alternate timeline.

Now we have to look at how Jean would view his actions. I think that once this is bought to light it presents some problems in a possible close personal relationship.

BANNED

Jean will hardly ever care about whatever Bishop did against Cable and Hope, so that's a moot point ever since the X-Office decided the relationship will carry on to 616, so I don't get why that's being so widely discussed. Yeah, his actions were wrong, it cost the life of Cable's wife among countless others, he's the guy who tried to kill the X-Men with sentinels, opened fire against a baby, etc. That'll never come up and the pairing's fans will always have variations of the "at least he's still better than Cyclops" thing to counter whatever is said about him LMAO might as well make your peace with it at this point
    Last edited by PrezValentine; 02-04-2019 at 08:44 PM.

BANNED

No one has said Jean x Bishop is happening in the main universe. (Even though it should!)

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    So the way i see it is some people are upset that Jean may hook up with a former teammate that she lived with and trusted that flipped out and tried to the kill the son of her clone that she raised in a alternate future, It seems cut and dry, but it is some factors to consider. Bishop believed that Hope would be the catalyst for a future that damned mutants. Has anyone considered that in Bishop mind at the time that him accomplishing his task would make things right?

I am not defending Bishop actions, but looking at it from his perspective at the time. That the individuals residing on those earths were not "real" to him and would be no different than the X-men doing what is necessary to prevent a future that would be worse.Again not defending his actions ,just thinking about insight. He could have believed that his actions would change history and save more lives. In short we have to look at things from the perspective of someone from a alternate timeline.

Now we have to look at how Jean would view his actions. I think that once this is bought to light it presents some problems in a possible close personal relationship.
    Thank you. It's nice to see someone actually grappling with the implications - of course Bishop's head-space is an important factor, but it doesn't change the actions he took in his pursuit of Cable and Hope. It's more his targets than his actions necessarily that would present a problem for Jean. These aren't important considerations in the AoXM, but it would be disappointing to see Marvel just ignore it if they decide to bring it to the 616.

Holupwaitaminute… so Bishop/Jean is actually a reality now? I remember a few years ago I suggested this pairing and got called a short bus glue eater(or something similar). I would've preferred Bishop/Storm, but whatever.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Holupwaitaminute… so Bishop/Jean is actually a reality now? I remember a few years ago I suggested this pairing and got called a short bus glue eater(or something similar). I would've preferred Bishop/Storm, but whatever.
    It's a reality alright. Just not the regular reality. Probably won't matter in 5 months, but it's nice to have the dream of something new and different before we hit nostalgia levels that surpass even X-Men Gold.

It's a reality alright. Just not the regular reality. Probably won't matter in 5 months, but it's nice to have the dream of something new and different before we hit nostalgia levels that surpass even X-Men Gold.
    So I just saw the scans of Bishop/Jean and I'm already disappointed. I'm cool with the pairing, but... wtf does Bishop look so... scrawny? Forreal, Bishop is like 6'8(according to those X-Men cards back in the day), but here he looks more like Sam Jackson's Nick Fury. Jean has always been one of the shorter X-women and the panel of them on the beach where they were pretty much the same height took away from the visual for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Well those same rude miscreants are probably now swallowing full bottles of glue.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    We can all agree that Bishop was character assassinated and that wasn't fair, but his actions are still a matter of fact in-universe. Forgiving or at least setting it aside to get the job done is one thing, but it's a stretch to take that to a relationship - especially when you consider the actions Bishop took were against Jean's owned loved ones. This is a serious consideration if their relationship makes it to the main MU, but you're right that she has baggage with pretty much all of the other X-Men.
    It was a strech Scott falling in love with Emma? because applying the same logic Scott should never hooked up with Emma.

Attraction and love just happens, for a goody two shoes like Jean is really exciting that she gonna fall in love with the almost killer of her son/grandaughter.
    Sure I expect Jean to have many doubts about it and Hope being a brat. This gonna be fun
    When the question of potential love interests for Jean was raised before (and there was a theory that maybe Jean would be making her way to the Avengers, even if only for a while), I suggested Hawkeye or Thor. Black Panther would've been interesting, but Storm...
    They are all avengers, black panther is unavailiable. The problem of evengers is that it would make Jean a avenger too and a constant presence on their solos. That would mean less panel time and importance on x-men. Seems more problems

No, I was trying to point out the absurdity and lack of logical consistency here. I think both of these things disqualify both of them, but Bishop's actions can be retconned in some way, I'm sure.

Yeah, not dating your daughter's ex awkward - just dating your son and granddaughter's multiple attempted murderer awkward.
    I disagree. Still seems lot less awkward than dating a daughter ex;

X-men are always accepting murderes into their rankings. people will have to get over

That's just interest, but that doesn't make for the basis of a relationship in context.
    Yep, the basis have to be build

We all know why Bishop can't be forgiven lol. That aside, Bishop's actions were nothing personal. The guy thought the baby would precipitate the world ending. If a certain Mary Sue had done the same thing, there would have been an obvious scapegoat and we would have had to hear from the peanut gallery about how he is the only X-Man that can make "hard choices" or whatever.
    yeah, I only see truths.
    I really don't know why they never explained it as being the demon bear. X-office just don't care about black characters
    Last edited by spirit2011; 02-05-2019 at 08:57 AM.