Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Kyle Rayner vs. Loki, Magneto & Prince Namor

Post Crisis Green Lantern vs Team "sometimes good - sometimes bad!"

Fight takes place in Portland Oregon. Because it's Portland, obviously it's raining.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

The guy with circa planet-buster-proof auto-shields wins. At the bell, pretty much, because I think he had a decent speed advantage too.

He doesn't have a speed advantage here, but he certainly has a considerable power edge unless you really want to take that recent thing with Namor seriously (which even the follow up issue after it did not)

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    He doesn't have a speed advantage here, but he certainly has a considerable power edge unless you really want to take that recent thing with Namor seriously (which even the follow up issue after it did not)
    Oh really? I haven't caught up to that. He just back to normal with no explanation?

I'll admit, I was kinda relying on it being a thing for this thread to work.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

He performed on a level nowhere remotely near his initial showing of laughing at the entire Avengers by himself. No reasoning given besides "comics!"

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

The only contest here is if Eric and Kyle see who’s shields are physically stronger (by having Class 100’s wail on them).

Otherwise Kyle wins rather handily.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    The guy with circa planet-buster-proof auto-shields wins. At the bell, pretty much, because I think he had a decent speed advantage too.
    Wait, since when has Loki ever shown planet-buster-proof auto-shields?

(wakka-wakka)

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    He performed on a level nowhere remotely near his initial showing of laughing at the entire Avengers by himself. No reasoning given besides "comics!"
    Sigh. Ok. The only option left is to meat shield Magneto long enough to yell out "MAAAAAGNETS!!!" and see if that helps

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The only contest here is if Eric and Kyle see who’s shields are physically stronger (by having Class 100’s wail on them).

Otherwise Kyle wins rather handily.
    I think Mags can take... 2 or 3 blows from Mjolnir? IIRC? Not sure how many Kyle can just tank or not.
    - big_adventure

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

I seem to recall him bouncing Thor and She-Hulk’s best attempts to get through the shield IIRC.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Magneto, Loki, and Namor go on three separate villain rants about how great they are.

Kyle BFRs himself to get away from that ****.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Sigh. Ok. The only option left is to meat shield Magneto long enough to yell out "MAAAAAGNETS!!!" and see if that helps

I think Mags can take... 2 or 3 blows from Mjolnir? IIRC? Not sure how many Kyle can just tank or not.
    Kyle set up a shield over the moon that Ultraman wailed on for an hour and couldn't get through

Should be noted this particular Ultraman tended not to be particularly impressive

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    Kyle set up a shield over the moon that Ultraman wailed on for an hour and couldn't get through

Should be noted this particular Ultraman tended not to be particularly impressive
    I was thinking autoshields specifically.
    - big_adventure

Would Kyle's shield prevent Magneto from just ripping the iron out of his blood or something like that?

I mean it's already in him.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

The ring can handle the various EM spectrum and radiation of a nuke going off in your face or being inside the sun. It should be able to block magnetism just fine.

Although it wasn't able to when Dr Polaris made him punch himself in the face repeatedly