Page 62 of 85 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Picked up the second issue of JiM today. Not a lot to say if I'm being honest. The McElroys still have a long way to go in order to write a good comic. There's a few too many cooks in the kitchen, and their chemistry together in audio format doesn't translate well into a script. Also, while I appreciate the superhero road trip angle of the series the fact that it ties into an event doesn't really help. A lot of the humor is supposed to come from the heroes taking care of the baby, but it doesn't really pair well with the art. Being familiar with their work as well as their personalities I can understand, and reason away some issues but it's just not that good of a comic book. I don't wanna write it off completely yet, but I'm hesitant to come back for issue 3.
    As far as my personal complaints go:

I’m really not a fan of how they’re portraying Ares here. This is the man who remained on the Dark Avengers as a deterrent for Osborn that if he stepped out of line, he would end him and who proclaimed to make the most of his resurrection as to be able to have many tales of glory to tell his son when they are reunited again. To have him turn into a death seeker and a coward as to make such a deal is completely OOC, especially with the deal being with someone else’s child as the price.

I just can’t get into the art. I’ve had his art pop up in numerous books I’ve read in the past and every time, it just kills the mood with the cartoonish appearances.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member

So there’s already a continuity issue between venom tie in and issue 3 of the event. Eddie’s new suit has no other its just him, for the time being his original suit is gone so there should have been nothing for Malekith to talk with.

Unless they are spoiling he gets his real suit back before he joins the teams
    Last edited by Bossace; 05-11-2019 at 09:02 PM.

Amazing Member

So who has read issue #4. Thoughts comments concerns?

Yep. Just read it. It is spectacular.

It does its job of introducing the Strikeforce books while never feeling irrelevant itself, the reveals are all on point, and the status quo changes, while not unexpected for those of us reading the omens and foreshadowings are shocking and satisfying.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 05-15-2019 at 11:23 AM.

spoilers:
    Iron All-Father makes this worth the extra dollar. Also punished dark Freyja. Lot of good jokes here, too. Malekith is still hot. All is well.
    end of spoilers
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    spoilers:
    Iron All-Father makes this worth the extra dollar.
    end of spoilers
    My first to reaction to that is
    spoilers:
    Stark returned the favor to Odin during Fear Itself when he got upgraded armor from the All-Father. Would have been nice to see them side by side.
    end of spoilers
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    My first to reaction to that is
    spoilers:
    Stark returned the favor to Odin during Fear Itself when he got upgraded armor from the All-Father. Would have been nice to see them side by side.
    end of spoilers
    Yes, I am certain Stark being around doing this stuff is a nod to Fear Itself.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Yes, I am certain Stark being around doing this stuff is a nod to Fear Itself.
    Was Tony in this issue?
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Was Tony in this issue?
    For a little bit. Looking very sweaty and handsome. Hard worker! And he gives Odin something very cool. Odin is like God Howard so it's gonna be cool to see them interact in Avengers.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Spectacular Member

I can’t believe we are getting an event that is this good. This book rules so much. There’s just so much cool stuff going on every single issue. The threats are terrifying and looming, and the heroic moments are top. Notch.

Amazing Member

well then, thank fck for Odin finally getting some good from aaron! won't spoil the moment but it was good and I'm really glad to see Odin and Freyja reconciling FINALLY... this doesn't make up for all the **** aaron's done to Odin, but it was a great few pages of them together. spoilers:
    Doubt they died in that explosion, probably gonna injure and sideline em both so they can be together and away for a while, das fine~
    end of spoilers

also THANK FCK for Thor coming to lead the charge at the end of the issue, interrupting jane (great moment ) with him now using the spoilers:
    destroyer's arm
    end of spoilers, FINALLY as well.

so glad Thor did that cause when i saw how characters, who 90% of em are better suited to leading troops and rallying ppl, gathered around to listen to jane, aaron's OABA of the thor mythos, give a speech like she's somehow able to in the face of characters like cap, carol, jennifer, sif, t'challa, luke and so on, was ready to gouge my eyes out again -_-

already have to deal with the fcking constant and deliberate use of "all mother jane foster", don't forget the all-mother part... like we get it aaron, jane is the greatest thing to ever exist and is tooootally the logical choice for all-mother during a war, i mean who the fck is Sif, again, just some lowly side character standing right over there... meh to her eh :/
    Last edited by voidox; 05-15-2019 at 03:46 PM.

spoilers:
    Pretty sure Odin and Freyja did die. However the choice of the Valknut rune on Odin’s chest is perhaps a clue that death will not stop him turning up again, perhaps in Valhalla. I also half expect this Dark Freyja to do something in Hel.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

I must be in a nitpicky mood. Is Captain Marvel going to be in Agents of Atlas or was the description for that panel calling for Ms Marvel?

Also, I had to flip back and forth a few times to make sure I was not missing a page, the last page kind of lacked a signal that it was the last page.

Otherwise, a ton of fun, big moments, not bogged down in too much chit chat. I could do without the special effects but the art is doing a lot of work carrying the event.