Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    This event is better than a lot of events that Marvel released in recent years, but... I don't really care.

For me, there is two problems:

firstly, too much action and not enough character development or "shocking" moments. If you cut the fights, you can can resume each issues in 5 pages. For example, I hated "Age of Ultron", but each issue I had a moment where i thought "no way. What will happen to this hero ?" In this event, except for Loki, I'm not invested, worried, angered, by any protagonist or antagonist. Every fight seem the same, it's like a Michael Bay movie: lot of action but no substance.

Secondly, I have seen this kind of story too much at Marvel. New-York destroyed: Ultimates, World War Hulk, Civil War... An army who try to conquer the world: Secret Empire, Secret invasion, Fear itself...
    And also, this event seems like a mix of Siege and Fear itself. There is nothing surprising.

I will continue to read it, because it's not bad, but it lacks this little spark that, even if you love or hate it, make you comeback for more.
    It kind of sounds like you just don’t like events. Are there any events you do like? Or did you like the events until they started to repeat the tropes?

This is not really the place for the character development moments. That has been handled in the long lead-up and the Thor book. This is the popcorn movie that spins out of it. A time to cut loose and do the crazy stuff. Generally have fun with one of the best newer artists in comics. As I suggested elsewhere, I suspect the reason Aaron wanted a few more Thor issues after this is precisely because this lighter, more crazy tone wouldn’t match the required gravity of the end of his run.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 05-17-2019 at 06:04 AM.