Page 7 of 85 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Forgive me for shifting into "get off my lawn" mode, but even back in Walt Simonson's day, Loki alklied with the good guys if he had to. The Asgardian family in one panel.

?

I'm not sure I follow you here?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I'm excited, especially for Jane and Jen's roles in it. More Dauterman is never bad.
    If Jen becomes Thor's GF by the time this event rolls I expect she'll have one of the biggest supporting roles here. Just can't wait for the Asgardians' reactions on that front. And while we're at it. Thor may be center in that art, but Jen really stands out with her big arm and green skin. The eye is drawn to her.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Forgive me for shifting into "get off my lawn" mode, but even back in Walt Simonson's day, Loki alklied with the good guys if he had to. The Asgardian family in one panel.
    Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    I'm not sure I follow you here?
    Loki will always look after himself, first and foremost. Even when he does something externally heroic, it is often for selfish reasons.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    See marvel

You can have diversity without shitting on classic characters.
    And yet, if I was buying a book for diversity reasons, I'd still pass on this event based on that cover. Hopefully at some point we'll get an Asian character depicted in these lead promotions. And for what it's worth, Blade and Luke Cage do nothing for me. Never have, never will. I can think of several others that I'd replace them with in a heartbeat. But I'll keep my eyes peeled for news of other character appearances, as I'm sure this event will bring more players to panel.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    If Jen becomes Thor's GF by the time this event rolls I expect she'll have one of the biggest supporting roles here. Just can't wait for the Asgardians' reactions on that front. And while we're at it. Thor may be center in that art, but Jen really stands out with her big arm and green skin. The eye is drawn to her.

Loki will always look after himself, first and foremost. Even when he does something externally heroic, it is often for selfish reasons.
    re Loki

Yes I see, that's exactly what I meant myself, he's a very self serving evil and any good he does is just a means to his end

at least when he's at his best it is imo

That teaser pic is GORGEOUS. That badass She-Hulk tho!!!

Also, lmao at the guy commenting on this somehow showing diversity without shitting on classic characters. It's okay... we see you.

In the past, and even in Agent of Asgard to an extent, but not so much recently. He's acting selflessly in a strange way this time around, he's actually giving up what he wants in order to accomplish his goals. What he wants on a personal level is to no longer be seen as the bad guy, so playing the part, at least in some situations, in order to accomplish his goals is not exactly going to help him there. It seems to be that he thinks the end goal is important enough that he is willing to give up what he wants on a personal level, or at least put it on hold. The reasons he felt he had to take this approach are not too well explored, there hasn't been a lot where we get a good look inside his head, and some of this is probably just that old habits die hard, these are the methods he knows best. But his past has also backed him onto a corner, people always think he's got some bad intent, and rather than try and fight that when there are more important things to deal with, he's using it to his advantage. But doing so kills his chances at being seen as anything other than the villain. He may have something else that he wants as well, but it's not been revealed yet, if so. There have been some vague hints he wants to get some information about his parentage from Laufey, but that's the only other thing that's come up besides his primary goal of stopping the bad stuff he figures is coming.

Sorry to keep harping on this, but, it's jut that the characterization people are using to describe his motivations hasn't been a thing in 8 years, it's time to move on and pay attention to and infer what his motivations are based on what he is NOW, rather than nearly 10 years ago, or what you think he should be.
    Last edited by Raye; 11-18-2018 at 09:48 PM.

If Jen becomes Thor's GF by the time this event rolls I expect she'll have one of the biggest supporting roles here. Just can't wait for the Asgardians' reactions on that front.
    Well, if Aaron's run so far is any indication, I imagine the ranking of importance for female supporting characters will be:

1. Jane Foster

2. Thor's current love interest.

10. Sif .

I would kind of like to see some Asgardians comment on how ridiculous Hulked-out She-Hulk is, but I doubt that's going to happen.
    And while we're at it. Thor may be center in that art, but Jen really stands out with her big arm and green skin. The eye is drawn to her.
    I guess, good or bad, the current She-Hulk design is definitely "eye-catching."

Although I think part of that is that, compared to other characters' design in the illustration, her visual is more exaggerated and excessive compared to everyone else. Even compared to, say, Venom.

This will be a nice swan song for Aaron (he’s said he is close to finishing his Thor run on Twitter)

It really is time to let someone else try Thor.

Maybe we can get Gillen back.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    In the past, and even in Agent of Asgard to an extent, but not so much recently. He's acting selflessly in a strange way this time around, he's actually giving up what he wants in order to accomplish his goals. What he wants on a personal level is to no longer be seen as the bad guy, so playing the part, at least in some situations, in order to accomplish his goals is not exactly going to help him there. It seems to be that he thinks the end goal is important enough that he is willing to give up what he wants on a personal level, or at least put it on hold. The reasons he felt he had to take this approach are not too well explored, there hasn't been a lot where we get a good look inside his head, and some of this is probably just that old habits die hard, these are the methods he knows best. But his past has also backed him onto a corner, people always think he's got some bad intent, and rather than try and fight that when there are more important things to deal with, he's using it to his advantage. But doing so kills his chances at being seen as anything other than the villain. He may have something else that he wants as well, but it's not been revealed yet, if so. There have been some vague hints he wants to get some information about his parentage from Laufey, but that's the only other thing that's come up besides his primary goal of stopping the bad stuff he figures is coming.

Sorry to keep harping on this, but, it's jut that the characterization people are using to describe his motivations hasn't been a thing in 8 years, it's time to move on and pay attention to and infer what his motivations are based on what he is NOW, rather than nearly 10 years ago, or what you think he should be.
    Im okay with that, but it doesn't mean someone can't prefer it of think it's a better version of the character

I mean it's 6 years or so thor hasn't had the hammer or been unworthy, but that's hardly a stronger definition of him than previously

And all that said, no one has to move on over anything, once the mcu version of Loki is less relevant, which will happen eventually he'll become different again

And there will be people who miss this current version of him

Publishers prey and rely on our nostalgia, it's not a bad thing to say you prefer things from past works

And in all honesty I don't think there has been that much comment about it to complain about

8 years is not the defining period for a character whos been around for decades, at least not yet

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    This will be a nice swan song for Aaron (he’s said he is close to finishing his Thor run on Twitter)

It really is time to let someone else try Thor.

Maybe we can get Gillen back.
    I so hope so

I know a lot of people have loved it but it's been a disappointing period for me with thor and odin

Yeah she could be a real scene stealer. Yeah the Asguardians reaction should be fun especially those who are familiar with her.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by comicfan298 View Post
    Yeah she could be a real scene stealer. Yeah the Asguardians reaction should be fun especially those who are familiar with her.
    It was touched upon when namor saw her in avengers so there's a decent chance

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I would kind of like to see some Asgardians comment on how ridiculous Hulked-out She-Hulk is, but I doubt that's going to happen.

I guess, good or bad, the current She-Hulk design is definitely "eye-catching."

Although I think part of that is that, compared to other characters' design in the illustration, her visual is more exaggerated and excessive compared to everyone else. Even compared to, say, Venom.
    I agree. She also looks like she has to pee in that promo to add to how funny she looks.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Cut to me at 3am on Dauterman's lawn, banging pots and pans together, screaming: WHERE. IS. BILLY. KAPLAN. RUSSELL???? WHAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYRRRRRRR?????

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    PLOT TWIST: The hero with the most exquisite hair is Sue Richards??? Valkyrie, of course, a very close second. Third? Cap's majestic pony.

BANNED

does panther feel more prominent than thor being on the forefront stealing his thunder or is it managing to imbue thor with a masterful leader in charge like aura by placing him in the middle rather than that of a centrepiece?
    Last edited by theoneandonly; 11-19-2018 at 06:59 AM.