Page 58 of 85 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast

The Hulk humor is on point
    The J-man

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    At least Thor had an hell of a badass moment by the end of WotR #3!
    Absolutely, cannot wait to see him go H.A.M. on Malakith (hopefully like how did with the God Butcher)

BANNED

Just read "War of the Realms #3".

SPOILERS !!

Every time Jane gives orders I want to rip my eyes out, other than that, I guess it's fine, I especially like the inclusion of the Fantastic Four as the last hope of New York, and at least we got a badass Thor, he's been soloing an army of Frost Giants with one arm for 3 issues now.

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post

SPOILERS !!

Every time Jane gives orders I want to rip my eyes out, other than that, I guess it's fine, I especially like the inclusion of the Fantastic Four as the last hope of New York, and at least we got a badass Thor, he's been soloing an army of Frost Giants with one arm for 3 issues now.
    When I saw Mister Fantastic, all I could think was why is Jim from The Office fighting mythical monsters it should be Dwight.

SPOILERS !!

Do you feel the same way when another member of the Enterprise Crew is given the command? Seems a strange thing to get upset about, she is simply holding down a job. She is the logical choice, not being a big hitter or combatant. Someone who understands both sides of the conflict and has experience fighting in it when most stood by.

For the record I think the reading order here is WotR then Strikeforce. This way Strikeforce reads like a contextual flashback and then takes a step further than WotR in the narrative. A fascinating one at that.

I wonder if this is a status quo change for Freyja, or just a part of this event.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    For the record I think the teasing order here is WotR then Strikeforce. This way Strikeforce reads like a contextual flashback and then takes a step further than WotR in the narrative. A fascinating one at that.
    Yeah, I agree. I'm glad I read it that way. Strikeforce makes me really excited about Punisher Kill Krew

Do you feel the same way when another member of the Enterprise Crew is given the command? Seems a strange thing to get upset about, she is simply holding down a job. She is the logical choice, not being a big hitter or combatant. Someone who understands both sides of the conflict and has experience fighting in it when most stood by.
    ooooh god, let the psychoanalysis begin, someone spoke hill of Saint all-mother Foster
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    ooooh god, let the psychoanalysis begin, someone spoke hill of Saint all-mother Foster
    Really? I am pointing out a basic plot point. If you don’t like the event don’t read it.

Really? I am pointing out a basic plot point. If you don’t like the event don’t read it.
    I'll read whatever I want and then come here and comment it, thank you but your concern is not necessary.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I'm waiting for the Trade paperback before reading the event, but I have a question: Do anyone knows how the "God Wheel" works? Is it a decoder or a calendar?

All I could find about it was this: "Another epic addition to our big MIDNIGHT launch event is Marvel’s going to be providing us with a special artifact — THE GODWHEEL — that we’re going to give to you FREE of charge with any purchase of WAR OF THE REALMS #1! The GODWHEEL is a major aspect of the WAR OF THE REALMS story — and while its purposes and origins are being shrouded in mystery for now — we can tell you now: owning your very own real deal GODWHEEL is gonna be pretty awesome!"

I managed to get one God Wheel at my local comic book store, but I'm very intrigued that no one talks about it here or on YouTube...

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I'm reading Jane's appointment as Freyja wanting a human for the role, for reasons yet to be fully revealed. Especially when Strikeforce reveals Freyja's fear of what she may become.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Ultimate Member

Jane's team has the Destroyer on their side. How is it even a fight?

Amazing Member

yus, seeing thor going beast was great

another good issue overall, I do like she-hulk being written as almost back to her normal self, rip venom. Good to see the different teams of the various tie-in books showing up and around, keeps the event flowing well imo. Also great to see how the war is affecting the rest of the planet and seeing the many different heroes and teams standing to defend different places, though Mr. Fantastic face xD looks exactly like John Krasinski.

theeeeen we come to teh continuous stain of the thor mythos:

JEvery time Jane gives orders I want to rip my eyes out, other than that, I guess it's fine
    ya... pretty much same for me :/

Do you feel the same way when another member of the Enterprise Crew is given the command?
    no, cause other members of the Enterprise Crew are all trained professionals with some sort of experience and knowledge of things, Jane is a 30-something doctor... see the problem we have with this.

Seems a strange thing to get upset about, she is simply holding down a job. She is the logical choice, not being a big hitter or combatant. Someone who understands both sides of the conflict and has experience fighting in it when most stood by.
    LOL, no mate, she is the literal least logical choice for taking over the all-mother mantle to lead troops into an active war-zone. And we saw the dumb reasoning for this move: Jane's "wisdom" -_-

You want to know who the actual logical choice is: LADY SIF who was literally standing right next to Freyja last issue, THAT is someone who can and has lead people and partaken in battles. On top of also being an actual Asgadarian/god with better knowledge of both sides and actual/real and better experience fighting in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I'm reading Jane's appointment as Freyja wanting a human for the role, for reasons yet to be fully revealed. Especially when Strikeforce reveals Freyja's fear of what she may become.
    I'm pretty sure there were quite a few other humans standing around last issue that would be a million times better to lead the troops than Jane, just saying.

and the thing is, there probably won't be any good reason for making Jane the all-mother, cept that aaron has once again pushed his love character to the forefront like he has been doing since he started writing Jane... Sif was standing RIGHT THERE last issue and is actually the logical choice for leading armies, but unfortunately we have a writer so biased on Jane, the he will continue to push her as the center of the Thor mythos regardless of it ever making sense.

it seems aaron has made it that Jane had somehow... i dunno, gotten all the knowledge and experience of Thor just by lifting his hammer... not to mention being able to wield Mjolnir perfectly, be able to fight and use his powers perfectly and on and on and on.... it's so dumb.... before he wrote her, she was just a doctor who was good at relations with others, das it.

Even post-femthor, where did she get the experience and ability to lead troops in an active war-zone? -_-
    Last edited by voidox; 05-01-2019 at 10:56 PM. Reason: spelling

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    When I saw Mister Fantastic, all I could think was why is Jim from The Office fighting mythical monsters it should be Dwight.
    Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, I thought it was just me, Reed looked like Krasinski.