Page 48 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    I think I'd like it if Odinson didn't become worthy in War of the Realms. It would be predictable imo. It would also make it seem like punching things is the way to become worthy, when I believe it's more about smaller, mundane instances in his life. Odinson has always fought huge battles and been the big strong fighter, but lots of beings do that. Soldiers do that every day. As I have interpreted the story, Odinson cannot win back his worthiness by hitting the right thing at the right time but by taking a much deeper look at himself and how he as a god interacts with mortals.
    Well put. Although because Thor has been separated with no apparent way home, there is a possibility he will undergo a series of trials and learn a number of lessons, allowing him to understand what and who he is, because at the heart of his conundrum is an identity crisis, and they are always a good excuse for a road movie.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    I think I'd like it if Odinson didn't become worthy in War of the Realms. It would be predictable imo. It would also make it seem like punching things is the way to become worthy, when I believe it's more about smaller, mundane instances in his life. Odinson has always fought huge battles and been the big strong fighter, but lots of beings do that. Soldiers do that every day. As I have interpreted the story, Odinson cannot win back his worthiness by hitting the right thing at the right time but by taking a much deeper look at himself and how he as a god interacts with mortals.
    I like this.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Picked up Journey into Mystery #1. I enjoyed it, but I'll admit that some of the issues I had with the McElroy's previous comics are still present. The comic feels as if it was written by having the family act out characters, taking the best bits, and applying them to the plot with Clint McElroy's script. I don't know if that's how they actually did it, but it feels that way. So there are a lot of lines, and bits of conversation that don't read as well without being familiar with how the family talks together. It's not as bad as with The Adventure Zone graphic novel, and how it could be often difficult to understand what's going on without having listened to the original audio show. But there are definitely some jokes that take a bit of re-reading to grasp.

The art was solid, never really had any confusion as to what was going on from panel to panel. There's some nice expressions, and body language. It did the job, I'll try to take more in on my re-read.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

So let’s see.... thor’s living in a barge with a talking dog- his mother and lady warriors are living in a brownstone- loki might be in the straight and narrow.. i don’t regularly read thor because his adventures usually don’t take place on earth, so i might need a marvel handbook to catch up.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I'm a week late for this. A few thoughts:

* I thought there were a lot of epic moments but they were arguably undercut by some of the quips. This story was trying to be a lot funnier than I think it should be.
    * I love they way they handle the Dark Elves. They've got a subtle, unnerving quality here that I loved from Simonson's run.
    * I haven't read much Thor recently. I have a basic idea of the storyline but not much of the emotional attachment. So I do feel like I'm a bit behind the curve. But this is also just a setup issue so there's a lot more to come.
    * My comic shop gave me a decoder wheel/calendar maybe? Anyone think this will have any use whatsoever.
    * I just saw that Moon Girl has an honest tie-in. That was certainly unexpected. I'm curious to see how they manage that.

I haven't decided which tie-ins to read (besides Avengers, which I'm getting anyway, and War Scrolls because of Daredevil). I'd love it if I could find out what is essential, but I know there's no incentive to give a completely honest answer.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    So let’s see.... thor’s living in a barge with a talking dog- his mother and lady warriors are living in a brownstone- loki might be in the straight and narrow.. i don’t regularly read thor because his adventures usually don’t take place on earth, so i might need a marvel handbook to catch up.
    Say what you will about Aaron, but he's managed to make the Odinson family quite relatable and down to Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Say what you will about Aaron, but he's managed to make the Odinson family quite relatable and down to Earth.
    can't wait to see them struggle to make ends meet and paying taxes at the same time, they will be extra relatable by then! what a joy......
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Astonishing Member

I know right

I mean Asgardian god's or super space aliens, they aren't interesting in themselves

I need more stories set in a city on earth

Yah��

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    can't wait to see them struggle to make ends meet and paying taxes at the same time, they will be extra relatable by then! what a joy......
    Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    I know right

I mean Asgardian god's or super space aliens, they aren't interesting in themselves

I need more stories set in a city on earth

Yah��
    they could also find a job as well.

Thor can be a merchant.

Balder can be a babysitter.

Lady Sif can work on the field.

that would be soo relatable.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    they could also find a job as well.

Thor can be a merchant.

Balder can be a babysitter.

Lady Sif can work on the field.

that would be soo relatable.
    GodThor please stop..... just stop now.... all this "relatability" is just too much, it's giving me an orgasm
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Ultimate Member

In all seriousness, how?

Thor is a guy who constantly moans about the loss of his weapon. Odin and Frigga argue about their responsibilities as King and Queen, and how to deal with invasions from other worlds, while half of what Loki does is because of what the stories 'make him do'.

GodThor
    when I see people calling me that, I realize how stupid of me to call myself GodTthor.

he is not a longer a God I grew up with...

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    when I see people calling me that, I realize how stupid of me to call myself GodTthor.

he is not a longer a God I grew up with...
    Mythological Thor will keep being a god, marvel's thor is just a lame alien that got dumped by his magic mallet and even managed to somehow lose his name in the process

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    In all seriousness, how?

Thor is a guy who constantly moans about the loss of his weapon. Odin and Frigga argue about their responsibilities as King and Queen, and how to deal with invasions from other worlds, while half of what Loki does is because of what the stories 'make him do'.
    well apparently Odin was bullying Thor through his entire childhood, both physically and mentally, while Freyja was his mummy that was cuddling him.

that's what Aaron is trying to do.

Mythological Thor will keep being a god, marvel's thor is just a lame alien that got dumped by his magic mallet and even managed to somehow lose his name in the process
    don't forget his arm as well.

GoW Thor sounds awesome as well.

a bit too bloodthirsty but still awesome.
    Last edited by GodThor; 04-11-2019 at 04:38 AM.