Page 52 of 85 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I noticed that Valkyrie almost never crosses over with Thor. I was going to comment that this issue seemed to change that and wondered if it would happen more often in the future...

War Scrolls was fine. I thought DD was a little too holier than thou. They also told you to read after War of the Realms 2 and then told you it really should be read after 3. I was indifferent to the remaining stories.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

It's been confirmed that for the Valkyrie solo:

spoilers:
    Jane Foster takes over Valkyries mantle.
    end of spoilers

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...inkId=66249413
    Last edited by Crimz; 04-17-2019 at 05:21 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

Another pointless needless death just to push a dumb new version. No thank you. Not supporting this stupidity.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Alright, first issue was solid, this one just kicked ass. I'd roll this one into a blunt.
    Co-signed!

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Spectacular issue. Loved every panel, and every word. Same goes for Thor #12 which was just stunning. The pacing of the main threads in this story is masterful so far. The horror of the war is palpable in a way we haven’t seen for a long time in event books.
    Yep. Spectacular issue.

First issue was a solid opener but this one just blew the roof off.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

With Ewing on writing duties, this was going to be a must buy anyway. This latest news only sells me on it harder.

Art looks beautiful. I'm stoked to see spoilers:
    Jane
    end of spoilers kicking ass again.
    Last edited by Prof. Warren; 04-17-2019 at 06:14 PM.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

The changing weapons part brings to mind She-Ra's changeable Sword of Protection: "Sword to… (insert whatever convenient object is needed)."

Also, I guess this means Dani Moonstar will never be a full-time Vallkyrie (since she's more used over at the X-office).
    Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    Another pointless needless death just to push a dumb new version. No thank you. Not supporting this stupidity.
    Sigh.

Need we go through another prejudging a new series based on an announcement? How sure are we it will be dumb and stupid. Maybe for you, but I will wait and see.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    The changing weapons part brings to mind She-Ra's changeable Sword of Protection: "Sword to… (insert whatever convenient object is needed)."

Also, I guess this means Dani Moonstar will never be a full-time Vallkyrie (since she's more used over at the X-office).

Sigh.

Need we go through another prejudging a new series based on an announcement? How sure are we it will be dumb and stupid. Maybe for you, but I will wait and see.
    When marvel announcement is pretty much based around stupidity it doesn't give good first impression. That is all you have and if you doing it in a way leaves bad taste in your mouth some potential readers is not a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post

Sigh.

I don’t think it’s so much prejudging the series as it is the situation. I can definitely get the frustration of the fact that Marvel has once again shoved off a character in order to have another replace them. spoilers:
    And given that this is the second time in a row that they’ve thrown a character under the bus for Jane Foster to take their place, it’s not exactly an attractive pattern that’s sure to leave some people frustrated.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

When marvel announcement is pretty much based around stupidity it doesn't give good first impression. That is all you have and if you doing it in a way leaves bad taste in your mouth some potential readers is not a good thing.
    "Based around stupidity" would be your personal, subjective take. Not one that is universally shared.

And you can never please everyone so "some potential readers" will always be left out, no matter what creative decision is made.

To me i'm tired of Jason Aaron using Jane as a Creator's Pet 10x worse than Perlmutter with the Ihumans or anybody like Claremont, Bendis, Whedon or Guggenheim using Kitty Pryde.

Now you know why i'm withdrawing Thor related books with this BS and Jane's literally becoming Roman Reigns circa 2015-2018 forced push.

You stuffed one character for the sake of shoving and shill Jane to death with this garbage.
    "The law of victory is set!" - Sento Kiryu/Kamen Rider Build
    "I'll clear this even if it means using continues!" - Kuroto Dan/Kamen Rider Gemm
    "You've been warned. We're taking your treasure!" - Kairi Yano/Lupin Red

Join the fun of Earth-27
    https://earth27.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-27_Wiki

People are complaining that Jane is back after being tabled for a year and I'm just asking God why Falcon couldn't have been taken this seriously with the top talent relaunch after SE.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

As we all are well aware of in advance of the book coming out, franchise leading character Brunnhilde, who is always very relevant and important to the Marvel Universe and who has never been in any form of limbo before, will never return. She has truly been cast off into the garbage heap, as it is impossible for multiple characters to hold the title of Valkyrie. Futhermore, as we can deduce from this cover, it appears that Jane has swallowed Dragonfang like a magician. It will never escape her gullet. And known continuity amateur and male character-focused Al Ewing is sure to use her state as a mere phantasm to cast her further into darkness. I weep for thee, sweet Defender!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Its the death of a character that's already died like twice, so this may not be as bad as it looks.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

And more importantly, this is a death in defense of the defenseless. I don't know how many cultures out there would say sacrificing one's life that way is pointless. It might even be considered a glorious death to die in battle.

And, Brunnhilde had been in limbo before, after she and some of the other Defenders died battling Moondragon and the Dragon of the Moon in the final issue of the first Defenders series. And while she may have held the title of Valkyrie (with a capital "V"), her sisters-in-arms such as Hildegarde have always been valkyries at her side, plus we have Danielle Moonstar. What it would seem is that the Valkyrior as a group may no longer exist post-War of the Realms.

Brunnhilde is only gone physically. She'll still make appearances probably à la Obi-Wan Kenobi.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by DragonKent17 View Post
    To me i'm tired of Jason Aaron using Jane as a Creator's Pet 10x worse than Perlmutter with the Ihumans or anybody like Claremont, Bendis, Whedon or Guggenheim using Kitty Pryde.
    If you walk into the room thinking everyone that has a job to do in comics is just pushing their own creative pets you will see them everywhere. Comics are a business not a gratification machine for fans.