Page 63 of 85 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Yeah, that last page absolutely bugged me. Especially since they're charging the extra dollar for sketches not story best I can tell.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I must be in a nitpicky mood. Is Captain Marvel going to be in Agents of Atlas or was the description for that panel calling for Ms Marvel?
    It appears to be a reference to the last panel of Strikeforce The War Avengers. Which I can’t recommend you read. It is very light on plot and probably should have been called Strikeforce Deadpool.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Also, I had to flip back and forth a few times to make sure I was not missing a page, the last page kind of lacked a signal that it was the last page.
    If you were expecting a ‘to be continued’ the event hasn’t used them so far. Kind of surprised that you wouldn’t think Thor striding in wouldn’t be the last page but I guess it swapped out the single page splash for the one a few pages earlier so that might have served to confound your expectations.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 05-16-2019 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Yeah, that last page absolutely bugged me. Especially since they're charging the extra dollar for sketches not story best I can tell.
    Not going to defend prices. This seems to be the way things are going, but this is the same price as 2 & 3 for the same page count. There are indeed many Marvel books on the stands that have 20 pages that don’t have this price point. Maybe not for long? They never help themselves by using a double page spread for the credits.

I don’t buy print anymore. Did they forgo advertising?

P.S. Strikeforce War Avengers has 30 pages of story for the same price point yet feels like a rip-off to me.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 05-16-2019 at 12:28 AM.

yes print has ads

there is some wonkiness with how much extra pages these issues are spending on backmatter but the meat of the issue is that secret empire would spoil you with 30+ pages of actual story for $4 and only asked for $5 if they hit 35 pages or more so

hickman x-men prices will be fun
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    yes print has ads

there is some wonkiness with how much extra pages these issues are spending on backmatter but the meat of the issue is that secret empire would spoil you with 30+ pages of actual story for $4 and only asked for $5 if they hit 35 pages or more so

hickman x-men prices will be fun
    Well I can’t explain the thinking other than grabbing cash for a high profile book. As I was suggesting with the relative costs of #4 and Strikeforce War Avengers, there is a subjective element to value for money. I was far happier spending the cash on #4 yet the other issue had an extra 10 pages.

A fan of the quippiest versions of Deadpool would perhaps think differently.

I need someone to explain why Punisher is so freakishly huge.. After Hulk, he's easily the biggest character in this event with arms as big as tree trunks. You've got every other character looking normal from Thor to Cap to Spidey to Blade to Cage etc. etc.

Doesn't seem to fit with everyone else.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Not going to defend prices. This seems to be the way things are going, but this is the same price as 2 & 3 for the same page count. There are indeed many Marvel books on the stands that have 20 pages that don’t have this price point. Maybe not for long? They never help themselves by using a double page spread for the credits.

I don’t buy print anymore. Did they forgo advertising?

P.S. Strikeforce War Avengers has 30 pages of story for the same price point yet feels like a rip-off to me.
    In most cases, when the price is higher, there's more pages of content. This has more pages, it's just not really pages of content.

Most ads these days are house ads. It's just ads for other books.

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

In most cases, when the price is higher, there's more pages of content. This has more pages, it's just not really pages of content.

Most ads these days are house ads. It's just ads for other books.
    Those adverts still have value to Marvel.

As I said, I am not seeking to defend the pricing structure, but clearly this isn’t an extended book. It was solicited as the standard 32 pages. That equates to about 20 pages of story. Sometimes 18. The longer tie-ins were solicited as 40 pages. Nobody was hiding the fact that these issues were not extended. It’s consumer choice if you don’t feel you are getting 20 pages that are worth that extra coin.

Clearly those extra 12 pages (well 9 after cover, credits and next week pages) could be adverts but some of them are double page credits, a dramatis personae and back-matter of variable quality.

We are not missing content, we are just being asked to pay more for it.

Take for example my X23 digital copy. That’s 32 pages in the solicits. It has 20 pages of story + a cover, a credit page, a next week page and a Stan Lee soapbox page. So presumably there are a further 8 pages of promotional material in the physical copy including the back cover.

P.S. Surely my digital WotR can’t possibly have extra pages in a print copy? It is already 32 pages. The other pages are the sketch pages, the advert for the art book, the double page tie-in gallery, the map, and the variant cover montage. That’s one targeted advert and some nice to have promo material.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 05-16-2019 at 05:14 AM.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

The series is covered in heavier, glossier stock but I don't know if that justifies the price.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    As I said, I am not seeking to defend the pricing structure, but clearly this isn’t an extended book. It was solicited as the standard 32 pages. That equates to about 20 pages of story. Sometimes 18. The longer tie-ins were solicited as 40 pages. Nobody was hiding the fact that these issues were not extended. It’s consumer choice if you don’t feel you are getting 20 pages that are worth that extra coin.
    Interesting. I missed that it was solicited at 32 and not 40.

Havent read this weeks rollout yet, but didn't like much from last week except Agents of Atlas. Squirrel Girl and Journey into Mystery were not hitting on any cylinders. lol.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Interesting. I missed that it was solicited at 32 and not 40.
    I wonder if they cut pages because we have an Omega issue after issue #6

Mighty Member

This event is better than a lot of events that Marvel released in recent years, but... I don't really care.

For me, there is two problems:

firstly, too much action and not enough character development or "shocking" moments. If you cut the fights, you can can resume each issues in 5 pages. For example, I hated "Age of Ultron", but each issue I had a moment where i thought "no way. What will happen to this hero ?" In this event, except for Loki, I'm not invested, worried, angered, by any protagonist or antagonist. Every fight seem the same, it's like a Michael Bay movie: lot of action but no substance.

Secondly, I have seen this kind of story too much at Marvel. New-York destroyed: Ultimates, World War Hulk, Civil War... An army who try to conquer the world: Secret Empire, Secret invasion, Fear itself...
    And also, this event seems like a mix of Siege and Fear itself. There is nothing surprising.

I will continue to read it, because it's not bad, but it lacks this little spark that, even if you love or hate it, make you comeback for more.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Well, i did somewhat enjoy Odin and Freya's last stand...of course it could be they are still alive but we finally got a win i guess. I do wonder if the issue shows whatever is growing out of the sun. I mean it looked like it could be a new World Tree but then again it could some vessel for a new Mjolnir for all i know.