Page 76 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2666727374757677787980 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1265
    Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Picked up and read the last two issues of JiM to give to my friend for her birthday. I thought it came together alright enough, the final two issues had less redundancy than those that came before at least. To the extent that it never took me out of things anyway. Still wasn't the greatest comic, but it wasn't all bad.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Well I would certainly love to see a woman writing Thor for a while.
    the last one was Kathryn Immonen back during Journey Into Mystery 2012/2013.

something tells me that bringing a female writer would be only for Jane wank.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I guess that only seems to work for Clark Kent for some reason.
    The problem was that Kate didn't even TRY. She wasn't even wearing her sunglasses.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The problem was that Kate didn't even TRY. She wasn't even wearing her sunglasses.
    That SORT OF makes sense. If she wears sun glasses as Hawkeye, in theory she might not want to wear the sun glasses as it's a part of her super hero outfit.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Yea that's a major problem with this event. Tie-ins are meant to be supplementary while the main book tells the big story. Instead, the main story feels like a rushed anthology that's advertising the tie-ins while jumping all over the place, having no real story of its own to tell and everything happening at such a fast pace that nothing has a moment to set in. Hell we've been jumping around so much, I can't even tell how long is supposed to have passed. Has it been hours? Days? Weeks? Who knows?

It's so disappointing too because Thor has been good and the runs leading up to this - Roxxon, League of Realms, Jane Thor have all been great. There were hints of this even way back when the All Mothers first took over Asgard right after Siege. Now it's just a jumbled mess.
    I just re-read Fear Itself last week and was shocked at how much better of a story it was. I also re-read the Journey Into Mystery run with kid Loki and this new JOM in comparison is actually insulting. It bummed me out that a JOM could be so much lesser in quality. How dare you tarnish the legacy of such a great run?
    Marvel is making a fortune right now with movies, they couldn't re-hire the guy who wrote those JOM? Gillen? Dude is a wizard. Was probably my 5th time re-reading that run and it gets better every time. Where are these writers now and why don't they work at Marvel?

Something just isn't working with the story. It's like reading the cliff notes of a boring story.
    Then to take an entire Avengers issue and focus on a talking ape? They could have at least shown the blast from the Celestials hand destroying an army of frost giants.
    Just one page of eye candy.
    Thor has spend the entire time in snow fighting giants?

When Thor uttered, "What didst thou say?!" in Original Sin, it was enough to get me interested in reading God Butcher and God Bomb (which were both awesome arcs). I was following Thor in Avengers and New Avengers, but to get the full story I had to get into Aaron's run. Once I got to the end of God of Thunder and had JaneThor for 5 years or however long it was, all I ever cared about was getting down to this moment. I'm not going to say today wasn't satisfying, but I really didn't enjoy the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Picked up and read the last two issues of JiM to give to my friend for her birthday. I thought it came together alright enough, the final two issues had less redundancy than those that came before at least. To the extent that it never took me out of things anyway. Still wasn't the greatest comic, but it wasn't all bad.
    Same here; I liked Thori, and where ares ended up.still not liking pacifist Simon, and the art for death locket was really bad.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

OMG, punching the HAMMER! Damn it Aaron you've done it again! What a epic finale to an amazing event. I can't believe there were no significant delays or a change of art. Absolutely spectacular!

Mighty Member

I thought the event was a bit mediocre overall, but that finale was incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    I thought the event was a bit mediocre overall, but that finale was incredible.
    Yeah, I think it was a pretty satisfying finish. And that's actually somewhat rare for big comic book events. Often the ending sort of feels anti-climactic. Instead we had a somewhat flat event that led to a fairly cool finish.

Superior Spider-Man had a mistake in it. Otto and the West Coast Avengers encounter the Land of Giants Strikeforce team. Cap asks Clint who his new friends are. He didn't know that there was a new West Coast Avengers.... except he did, as he angrily phoned Kate about it during their series!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

Damn, what a finale to this whole story. Most Marvel events are pretty bad, but this was unbelievably dope.

Ultimate Member

Yeah..that was a completely epic ending.

That was pretty great, yeah. Now we just need 2020 to kick ass so the Big Three Avengers Event trilogy will be complete.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Still digesting the end (aside from the Omega issue) but it was very satisfying. Some of the best Dauterman art yet, some absolutely epic scenes, at times I felt like I was watching a movie. The call backs were incredibly satisfying, from a star forging a hammer, Mother of Storms, getting the Thors back together, the extended sequence in Thor rounding off the story of young Thor, the epic Loki moment. An extremely rewarding experience. If this had been the end of Aaron’s run I would have been more than happy, and I feel very fortunate to be expecting more.