Page 74 of 85 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1265
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Yeah, full of contradiction true

I'm not with the humans shaped the gods entirely but clearly there is an influence, marvels description of the pantheons suggests they are shaped by the cultures that worshipped them, but that's clearly out of date as an entry now

I do find it curious, since the gods are supposed to be older than humanity but shaped by them?
    My take is that they shaped them once at the begining and they went on their own evolutionary path.
    Anyway I think "born from Elder Gods energy" should be kept whether humans play a factor or not.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Really? I seem to remember expressing that I didn’t want to have an argument. Especially not in this thread and most especially not on your terms. You just seem to want to prove me wrong through argument. I don’t have anything to prove here. I stated my opinion and you are the one that can’t accept it because somehow you think I am judging you. I am not. Thinking you are wrong is not a judgment. Sorry that’s the end of the argument.
    loool, "on my terms" you use again to try and deflect my points and avoid having to respond xD Prove you wrong? mate, I've shown you to be wrong time and time again, nothing to prove~ though I see you making the same wrong points in the Thor appreciation thread, that other people are similarly breaking apart

and lo and behold, once again just ignoring my entire post to single out one line.... you couldn't even respond back to the point YOU BROUGHT UP about story structure and me asking what you meant when you said story structure... lol mate.

"I didn't want to have an argument" you say, all the while you kept responding to my posts clearly looking for a discussion instead of just not responding that you would have if you really didn't want to argue

and then we see you going ahead and literally ignoring most of everything I wrote as a response (cherry picking one or two lines), not to mention my counter points to the various issues YOU then brought up.... you kept bringing up different ****, that I still responded to btw line by line, yet you ignored most of that as well -_-

hell, GodThor brought up some points on your dumb perspective claim (as did I), didn't bother properly replying back to him either... though I guess since you both have high post numbers, you've argued before.... but honestly, i doubt you've even read my post till here so fck it.

all in all, instead of trying to back up any of your claims or points, as one does when they make a point/claim/reply, you just went for the ignore/deflect everything cause I'm wrong tactic, so you keep on living in your Aaron bubble and ignore any criticism~
    Last edited by voidox; 06-07-2019 at 06:49 AM.

Mighty Member

Hey, Does people still care about this event ? I try to finish it, but nothing happen... it's fight after fight with no developments... I hated Heroes in Crisis, but at leas I felt something, but all the emotionnal beats seem hollow... when you compare with the God Butcher saga, or even the Jane-Thor saga it's disapointing. There is no emotion.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    Hey, Does people still care about this event ? I try to finish it, but nothing happen... it's fight after fight with no developments... I hated Heroes in Crisis, but at leas I felt something, but all the emotionnal beats seem hollow... when you compare with the God Butcher saga, or even the Jane-Thor saga it's disapointing. There is no emotion.
    That's kinda how I've felt. Kinda like the last season of game of thrones almost.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    That's kinda how I've felt. Kinda like the last season of game of thrones almost.
    And it's a pity. I'm not a fan of all his decisions, but his Thor saga was one of the most interesting that I have read. I read the god Butcher saga every year, and the end of his Jane saga was almost perfect. But since the end of his Jane-Thor saga, it's like he doesn't care anymore. The War of the reals was hyped since a long time, but yeah, like you said, it's like the final season of GOT: all style, no substance.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

I don't think so. Sales are plummeting.

I'm enjoying the spinoffs more so than the actual series.

Hey, Does people still care about this event ?
    nope.

it's going downhill.

spin offs are way better LoL.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post

spin offs are way better LoL.
    Must be, since 75% of the main series keeps telling the reader to go read the other books for any actual story development.

(edit: to be fair, it is mostly the last 2-3 issues that have seem to gotten heavy into the recap-and-tease pages, the first 2 issues were pretty action-packed, but still handed off story)
    Last edited by cranger; 06-13-2019 at 06:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Must be, since 75% of the main series keeps telling the reader to go read the other books for any actual story development.

(edit: to be fair, it is mostly the last 2-3 issues that have seem to gotten heavy into the recap-and-tease pages, the first 2 issues were pretty action-packed, but still handed off story)
    Yea that's a major problem with this event. Tie-ins are meant to be supplementary while the main book tells the big story. Instead, the main story feels like a rushed anthology that's advertising the tie-ins while jumping all over the place, having no real story of its own to tell and everything happening at such a fast pace that nothing has a moment to set in. Hell we've been jumping around so much, I can't even tell how long is supposed to have passed. Has it been hours? Days? Weeks? Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post

true.

characters are also more enjoyable.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

The best thing that could happen is Aaron finishing #6 with Thor fully restored (as King Thor), preparing for the upcoming series and the next run!

The event, nonetheless, is sh#t.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Yea that's a major problem with this event. Tie-ins are meant to be supplementary while the main book tells the big story. Instead, the main story feels like a rushed anthology that's advertising the tie-ins while jumping all over the place, having no real story of its own to tell and everything happening at such a fast pace that nothing has a moment to set in. Hell we've been jumping around so much, I can't even tell how long is supposed to have passed. Has it been hours? Days? Weeks? Who knows?
    After re-reading the first 5 issues this is so true. The passage of time is so all over the place you have no idea. Not only that, but the bulk of the character development and the movement of the big players are done in the Strikeforce one shots.

I still can't believe they didn't put these as part of the official reading order. One can hope that when this is all collected they would collect everything together, but whose kidding who, it will be a disaster with the trades.

Not only that wasn't this supposed to be the swan song for Aaron's run? It reads as a weak arc of Avengers and not as an EVENT; furthermore, why the hel is Thor missing for the majority of this thing!?

As much as I love Aaron's Thor, this event has been really disappointing the only thing that makes it worthwhile is the art.

In no universe are these Strikeforce things required. None of these tie-ins are, not even Thor or Avengers. The collection is just the seven issues. It's not that there are like, important things happening in other books, it's just that the main story is very compressed.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    In no universe are these Strikeforce things required. None of these tie-ins are, not even Thor or Avengers. The collection is just the seven issues. It's not that there are like, important things happening in other books, it's just that the main story is very compressed.
    With Strikeforce we learn how Punisher and his crew get the assignment to blowup the black bifrost, we learn where Cap and his crew were and how Thor came back into the fray, and we learn how Venom was captured.

How can you say it is not required? We learn HOW the players got where they are, in WoTR we learn none of that.