Page 50 of 85 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    With all the different doggies around, i’m surprised we didn’t get a pet avengers tie in for this event.
    Dammit, this is a miss opportunity! I want Thori and Throg to team up!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She's clearly in need of some friends. She was living with a bunch of Life Model Decoys and calling them her family!
    Didn’t she get into a relationship with Excavator last time we saw her? Wonder what happened there. Also kinda odd that she surrounds herself with LMDs of heroes (and her father) when she chose to stay with the Madters of Evil. Kinda feels like they’re trying to weld her character from both Arena and Undercover where she’s able to take care of herself, isn’t as naive and has become more skilled with her cybernetics but also desires companionship. This is fine so long as they at least offer some kind of explanation to fill in the gaps to see why she’s had such a change of heart since her last appearance.

Maybe she only went with the bad guys BECAUSE she fell in love with Excavator. When they split up, she got lonely, and then when Secret Empire happened she took the opportunity to grab the LMDs.

Previews:

War Scrolls #1: http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...-the-realms-2/
    Punisher #1: http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...he-punisher-1/
    Thor #12: http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...eview-thor-12/
    Last edited by Digifiend; 04-12-2019 at 06:38 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Have to say that none of the tie-ins have really grabbed me so far.

JitM is fun but I don’t really like the writing style. It certainly doesn’t feel vital to the enjoyment of the main story, I imagine the Laussa will be passingly important, given the foreshadowing she received when she was introduced, but I doubt the way she is delivered will make that much difference.

AotG is quite messy, but does at least promise a different Valkyrie set-up is emerging. I have a soft spot for Annabelle Riggs and enjoyed Fearless Defenders, but overall this run has been underwhelming for me, and this issue has probably made me less invested in Skurge, Throg, young Thunderstrike or Angela, than I already was. Separating Angela from Sera is a retrograde step IMO, Bunn has missed the opportunity to cement them as a married couple.

Squirrel Girl, well I haven’t read this for quite a while now, it’s not really aimed at me. I like that it was used to introduce the event in the preview, I thought the tie-in to the OGN at the beginning was shameless, I appreciate the return of Ratatoskr, which I guess was always on the cards. Squirrel Girl is always fun, but perhaps not as fun as it would be if I was forty years younger.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 04-13-2019 at 02:47 AM.

Maybe she only went with the bad guys BECAUSE she fell in love with Excavator. When they split up, she got lonely, and then when Secret Empire happened she took the opportunity to grab the LMDs.

Previews:

those armies are soo shitty.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    those armies are soo shitty.
    Yeah... They're tearing through them like wet tissue paper.

I remember second coming, where just a single super nimrod sentinel was needed to take on teams of mutants, and you could feel the desperation.

Here everyone is quiping as they they tear through armies. It's fun, but doesn't feel like the end of the world (like the attack on the elf realm was handled better)

I hadn't seen Death Locket in a while, so I really enjoyed her appearance in WotR Journey Into Mystery.

Hopefully, after this story concludes, Rebecca can join the Champions.

Quote Originally Posted by karatattoo View Post
    I hadn't seen Death Locket in a while, so I really enjoyed her appearance in WotR Journey Into Mystery.

I suppose I wouldn't mind her joining one of the teen hero teams but JIM would have to do a bit more for her cementing that she's turned herself around since the end of Avengers Undercover so her narrative makes more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by karatattoo View Post

That assumes Miles goes back to the team. If he's out for good (after the events of Champions #4), the JIM team has nothing to do with the Champs.

I'd say that the Champions are big enough already... but I'm pretty sure their expansion isn't done. I can see that after Nova is repowered, his enemy Kaldera, who's actually helping him get his helmet back (to make her defeat of him a fair fight), could heel face turn, and join the team. They also just recruited former New X-Men member Dust. So if Miles rejoins, he could bring Death Locket (who seems to be calling herself Deathlok now, by the way) with him.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Read Squirrel Girl, Journey into Mystery, and Asgardians of the Galaxy. Only SG was average, more for kids as the title is meant to be. But the other two were great.

Mighty Member

Do you think I should make a new post for Tie-ins

Amazing Member

Previews:

I was kinda annoyed at this event interrupting Venom but that Punisher comic looks pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    Do you think I should make a new post for Tie-ins
    I dont think so. It will be finished in a few months. One thread will be enough to contain the whole event.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I dont think so. It will be finished in a few months. One thread will be enough to contain the whole event.
    I don’t know about that. While the thread is certainly having discussion of the event as a whole, it’s really no substitute for discussion threads for individual issues especially considering there’s barely any talk of what’s gone on in the tie-in issues in this thread. Why does it seem no one makes spoiler discussion topics anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I don’t know about that. While the thread is certainly having discussion of the event as a whole, it’s really no substitute for discussion threads for individual issues especially considering there’s barely any talk of what’s gone on in the tie-in issues in this thread. Why does it seem no one makes spoiler discussion topics anymore?
    The bolded is why I don't think they need individual threads. If there were a lot of talk about them, then they would be needed. The tie-in threads may end up getting buried on later pages if there are few responses to them.