Default Star from Captain Marvel, Awesome Andy...any other break out characters?

I'm more a DC guy than a Marvel guy (although I love Marvel too). I was wondering if, like CM's Star and Awesome Andy from She-Hulk, are there any other "break out"/"fan favorite" characters from other Marvel solo series? Thanks!
    Help a fellow fan out and check out my writing, please:
    My Cage comic strip:
    Re-Runs: https://www.webtoons.com/en/challeng...itle_no=539047
    New: https://www.patreon.com/mycage
    Thanks!

Breakout? I've never heard of "Awesome Andy".
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

What makes a character a “breakout” anyway?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    What makes a character a “breakout” anyway?
    Huge positive reception from fans and readers, I'd presume. Like Mary Jane Watson over in the original Amazing Spider-Man comics, Venom in the late 1980s Spider-Man comics, or Spider-Gwen --- now called Ghost-Spider --- more recently in the Spider-Verse arc of Amazing Spider-Man in 2014. The latter two even got their own ongoing series from their popularity, though Venom's was technically a chain of miniseries, and Mary Jane is now getting her own (mini)series later this month.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Be warned that a lot of the time ‘breakout’ characters are just Marvel getting prematurely excited when there’s buzz on the internet and giving a character their own series immediately, which usually backfires and undermines any allure the character had. Remember Mosaic? Foolkiller? Slapstick?

That said, Gwenpool was created when people fell in love with a variant cover, and now she’s had at least 30 issues of her own. She’s a cult character, but her fans are loyal.

Kate Bishop also went from being maybe the fourth most popular Young Avenger to headlining her own series and being in the MCU, by virtue of attracting great writers.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Breakout? I've never heard of "Awesome Andy".
    Mad Thinker's Awesome Android. He was a supporting character in Dan Slott's SHE-HULK series where he had developed his own personality and started working at the law firm. He quickly became one of the most popular supporting characters in the book.

Niffleheim

Who is this person? Is there a link about this character or writer that I can read about?

I would say Star is less of a breakout than a character Marvel is pushing to expand Captain Marvel’s rogue gallery. MCU is pretty big on trilogies and Carol doesn’t have the same stable of villains that most do. So, they’re giving her own. The miniseries only serves to expand the character quickly for future use.

Astonishing Member

Gwenpool and that Asian spidey Ghost chick.

Probably Kamala and Miles

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    I would say Star is less of a breakout than a character Marvel is pushing to expand Captain Marvel’s rogue gallery. MCU is pretty big on trilogies and Carol doesn’t have the same stable of villains that most do. So, they’re giving her own. The miniseries only serves to expand the character quickly for future use.
    Ah got it, I'll be shocked if Marvel Studio uses this particular new character as a villain in the name of synergy. That would be a bad idea.

They could easily go with Moonstone and Mystique/Rogue. That would set up Thunderbolts/Dark Avengers and X-Men respectively. Or just steal a villain from another hero, that's what Ant-Man and the Wasp did (Ghost is an Iron Man villain).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Gwenpool and that Asian spidey Ghost chick.
    You mean Silk? Because Marvel did intend her as a breakout character, but it took Robbie Thompson writing her solo to get her an actual fandom after how her introduction was mishandled in Amazing Spider-Man.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Squirrel girl broke out of the great lakes avengers.

Like it or hate the book luke cage broke out of new avengers.

Deadpool broke out of new mutants.

Blink (for a time) broke out of aoa event.

Spider-girl (for a time) broke out of what if.

Wolverine is Marvel's biggest breakout character, followed by Deadpool and the Punisher.