Page 10 of 85 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    All hands on deck and yet somehow the X-Men are still absent, minding their own business.
    So sad but I'm not surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    All hands on deck and yet somehow the X-Men are still absent, minding their own business.
    It's already too crowded as it is, so the X-Men giving this a pass is a good thing.

We don't know the X-Men aren't involved. We know that the Champions ARE, and they're not on that art either.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    So, how does Blade, Venom, the Punisher and Iron Fist (still wearing that damnable track suit) figure into this thing?
    Blade is on the avengers

Venom and Thor are tied together in that the original Venom symbiote or god became the all-black that almost killed Thor and every other god. Looks like Malakeith might be using the all-black.

No clue about Punisher or Iron Fist.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Personally wish this had just stayed in the pages of Thor. Could still be all-encompassing, and might have helped Aaron cement himself as the best modern-Thor writer yet (I know people dislike how he treats Thor, but to pull off a story that’s been building for years still would have been cool)

The X-Men should be involved, its ridiculous if they aren't.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Don't you love events where they say that every hero will be involved, but there's really only the usual suspects, derivative versions of those usual suspects, or the characters who fit that particular storyline only? I mean I'm pretty sure if Frost Giants landed in NYC, Sentry would send them all packing by himself just as quickly as they arrived.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 12-29-2018 at 07:50 PM.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

Pardon my ignorance since I am new to comics, but what exactly is the premise of this event? Did they just pick heroes at random and why are they fighting?

I understood the infinity wars easily enough.
    Baby Thanos

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by catbellysqueezer View Post
    Pardon my ignorance since I am new to comics, but what exactly is the premise of this event? Did they just pick heroes at random and why are they fighting?

From my very little understanding, the premise of the event is that the relms are at war and Earth is one of the battlefields.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by catbellysqueezer View Post

I'd recommend comicstorian's videos of Jason Aaron's Thor run to get some context. Basically Malakith has been running amuck through the other realms for years in Jason Aaron's Thor run and has finally made his way to earth. The Avengers are obviously involved as are Thor's supporting cast. Venom is involved through some complex plot regarding the origin of the symbiote actually being some ancient evil god that almost killed Thor. Not sure about Iron Fist or Punisher.

the aliens are invading new york and the superheroes, and punisher, are going to beat their asses
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Don't you love events where they say that every hero will be involved, but there's really only the usual suspects, derivative versions of those usual suspects, or the characters who fit that particular storyline only? I mean I'm pretty sure if Frost Giants landed in NYC, Sentry would send them all packing by himself just as quickly as they arrived.
    So tired of seeing the same characters. Street characters are so overused

Avengers had that international conference last issue. And this is an international situation, so I'm sure those heroes will show up again with teams in tow. Most of those would probably have been in limbo for some time. Who else could Sunfire bring in, considering Big Hero Six is off limits to Marvel now because of their movie? Radiance is the only one who comes to mind, from the Invaders of a few years ago (just before Secret Wars). There must be other Japanese heroes. And what about the UK? Captain Britain, Meggan, Union Jack, and Faiza Hussein? Euroforce could feature - they were last seen in U.S.Avengers.

The Uncanny X-Men team includes Mirage... Danielle Moonstar. Who happens to be a Valkyrie. That's a reason to drag the mutants into the conflict. Due to Age of X-Man though, most of the big names are off the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Avengers had that international conference last issue. And this is an international situation, so I'm sure those heroes will show up again with teams in tow. Most of those would probably have been in limbo for some time. Who else could Sunfire bring in, considering Big Hero Six is off limits to Marvel now because of their movie? Radiance is the only one who comes to mind, from the Invaders of a few years ago (just before Secret Wars). There must be other Japanese heroes. And what about the UK? Captain Britain, Meggan, Union Jack, and Faiza Hussein? Euroforce could feature - they were last seen in U.S.Avengers.

The Uncanny X-Men team includes Mirage... Danielle Moonstar. Who happens to be a Valkyrie. That's a reason to drag the mutants into the conflict. Due to Age of X-Man though, most of the big names are off the board.
    Maybe we can see a coalition of asian heroes (rather than just Japan) and a coaltiion of european heroes. Because otherwise yeah... the number of Japanese heroes won't be all that high, and the team assembled frankly won't be all that intimidating. If you lump several countries together, you can at least get numbers.