Page 16 of 85 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    Unfortunately it is not the same case with Amora the Enchantress.
    she will serve as a hype tool most likely.

unfortunately.

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    she will serve as a hype tool most likely.

unfortunately.
    That's what worries me most, like what I said in the thread of the Enchantress days ago, as is the fact that she will be treated terribly bad with a lame portrayal and it would not even be strange that Aaron will kill her off just for the sake of it without contributing nothing to the story and forgetting everything like it was nothing, for things like that I don't trust him.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    She’s not dead, if that’s what you mean.
    Yeah, I meant is she still alive. The Norn Queen was one of my favorite Asgardians. Well, at least she's with Hela now.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I am a Karnilla luva and I can confirm Jason does good for her.
    Lady JaneThor is the next run I should definitely pick up.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Let me get this straight, you have some heavy hitting, supernatural bad guys and the writers have a Blue Marvel on the bench and they send in Daredevil...?????!!!! Really? Was Solo not available??? Lol.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Let me get this straight, you have some heavy hitting, supernatural bad guys and the writers have a Blue Marvel on the bench and they send in Daredevil...?????!!!! Really? Was Solo not available??? Lol.
    Also—Doctor Druid!!!
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

BANNED

might as well ask all the street level characters to sit this one out. Avengers: look lives are in danger but we want you to stay at home in bed cuz it's way out of your league. try to tell that to the punisher and there will be a bloodbath most likely.

BANNED

• I look forward to seeing what the Champions tie-in entails and which members of the team will be active, given the roster has grown exponentially.
    • I assume Doctor Strange will get a tie-in, I've high hopes bc because it's an opportunity to see some fully-fledged magic.
    • The Fantastic Four assumably will be active too, based upon the initial teaser image. This will be the first big event they're back for too which is exciting
    • Runaways would be unexpected, as they typically don't interact with the wider MU, but it's a nice thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Valkyrie already has a host, Annabelle Riggs, so she's ruled out. Sif has happened before. Anyway, Jane was popular as her OWN hero. She just needs to either re-acquire Mjolnir (they could have the future Goddesses of Thunder use their time travel crystals to retrieve two copies of the hammer, the other being for Odinson) or have Odin grant her a new weapon which would have the same transformative power Mjolnir does (which is what happened on the Avengers cartoon, where she became Thunderstrike).
    I'd have no problems with her getting Mjolnir, particularly while Jason Aaron is still writing Thor as a dumb oaf. Otherwise, I think Jane being granted her own enchanted weapon is a perfectly valid solution.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Blue Marvel took out the entire Squadron Supreme by himself. You don't really want them to end the "event" in just one issue, do you?
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I am a Karnilla luva and I can confirm Jason does good for her.
    I do hope she does show up because she was responsible for disguising Ulik the Troll (who will be involved here) as Tanarus, and she's waged war against Asgard itself.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    • I look forward to seeing what the Champions tie-in entails and which members of the team will be active, given the roster has grown exponentially.
    • I assume Doctor Strange will get a tie-in, I've high hopes bc because it's an opportunity to see some fully-fledged magic.
    • The Fantastic Four assumably will be active too, based upon the initial teaser image. This will be the first big event they're back for too which is exciting
    • Runaways would be unexpected, as they typically don't interact with the wider MU, but it's a nice thought.
    Regarding Champions, Zub has said that there'll be guests during the tie-in, which is now confirmed for issues 5 and 6 (he said it'll be in the May solicits). Presumably, 14 of the main 15 cast members will be involved, but Miles Morales is probably out because of Journey Into Mystery. For that reason, I would expect Silk, who was on the reinforcements list, to show up. I think all the reinforcements mentioned in #1 (Moon Girl, Prodigy, Red Dagger, Cloud 9) will show up in fact, except for Honey Badger, who is unavailable due to Age of X-Man (which will be addressed in issue 3, when a different X teen girl - someone who wasn't in Uncanny X-Men Disassembled - becomes the 15th full time team member).

I wonder if WOTR will cause the breakup of the West Coast Avengers? Kate Bishop is also in Journey into Mystery, so if WCA isn't cancelled in April, they'll probably temporarily lose their leader.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-21-2019 at 02:27 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I do hope she does show up because she was responsible for disguising Ulik the Troll (who will be involved here) as Tanarus, and she's waged war against Asgard itself.
    we've got to find some way to erase fraction's run from the collective memory
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Regarding Champions, Zub has said that there'll be guests during the tie-in, which is now confirmed for issues 5 and 6 (he said it'll be in the May solicits). Presumably, 14 of the main 15 cast members will be involved, but Miles Morales is probably out because of Journey Into Mystery. For that reason, I would expect Silk, who was on the reinforcements list, to show up. I think all the reinforcements mentioned in #1 (Moon Girl, Prodigy, Red Dagger, Cloud 9) will show up in fact, except for Honey Badger, who is unavailable due to Age of X-Man (which will be addressed in issue 3, when a different X teen girl - someone who wasn't in Uncanny X-Men Disassembled - becomes the 15th full-time team member).

I wonder if WOTR will cause the breakup of the West Coast Avengers? Kate Bishop is also in Journey into Mystery, so if WCA isn't canceled in April, they'll probably temporarily lose their leader.
    I guess it depends on how Zub plans on tackling the larger ensemble. During a big event like this, it does make sense to be optimizing the entirety of the roster.
    Obviously, as you pointed out, Miles likely won't be present because he's busy with the Journey Into Mystery.

It would be nice to see the reserve roster active too given, with the exception of Moon Girl, we don't see them all that often. It'd be incredibly satisfying to see their array of powers used in combat against Malekiths acquired army

The X-Girl in #3 has been limited to Dust, Loa, Hollow, Sprite, Cipher or Creep I believe, as the others were pulled into the Age of X-Man

I thought West Coast Avengers wasn't selling all that well anyway. Is it possible the series wraps before WotR kicks off?

You can cross Loa off that list. She died in Uncanny X-Men #11.

Interview with Jason Aaron.
    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-war-of-re...ron-interview/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

You can cross Loa off that list. She died in Uncanny X-Men #11.

Interview with Jason Aaron.
    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-war-of-re...ron-interview/
    RIP Loa, you did good...sort of...well, you deserved better.