Page 27 of 85 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, apart from Venomized (which involved the X-Men Blue team and several other heroes) those are all single office events. Even Infinity Countdown was really a Guardians of the Galaxy continuation, meaning the other heroes were in fact guest stars.
    And Venomized had a pretty small feel. Of course, I thought it was pretty fun, but it still wasn't the huge company wide event this is.

Yeah, I think it was a good idea that every event since the end of Secret Empire has been either self contained mini-series, or smaller in scale only connected to like 1 or 2 books. I still believe Infinity Countdown/Wars was intended to be on a scale like this, but was toned down to just separate minis after the overload backlash.

But now that it's been a while, and you have an idea as insanely bonkers as War Of The Realms has shown itself to be, seeing a wide scale event like this is really exciting again!

Yeah, apart from Venomized (which involved the X-Men Blue team and several other heroes) those are all single office events. Even Infinity Countdown was really a Guardians of the Galaxy continuation, meaning the other heroes were in fact guest stars.
    You can say the same thing about AXIS back with Uncanny Avengers where it went from a story arc of the book to an event. Doesn't change that this was an event. Hell once the story actually got started, the Guardians weren't even really a part of it sans Gamora being the main villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    You can say the same thing about AXIS back with Uncanny Avengers where it went from a story arc of the book to an event. Doesn't change that this was an event. Hell once the story actually got started, the Guardians weren't even really a part of it sans Gamora being the main villain.
    I think the difference is that Axis effected and impacted many of the books and had direct tie-ins for alot of them, while Infinity Countdown and Wars' only "official" tie-ins were the separate mini-series that didn't intrude the main books. The Champions one is the only one that probably should've been in the main series, since it's actually important for that book's plot.

Yeah, those issues probably shouldn't have even been Infinity Countdown branded. It's actually set right at the beginning of the event, before Thanos loses his head. The issues didn't even have the recap about who has the Infinity Stones, because the stones aren't involved at all. Effectively, it was just an excuse for the usually monthly book to double ship for a couple of months.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Yeah, those issues probably shouldn't have even been Infinity Countdown branded. It's actually set right at the beginning of the event, before Thanos loses his head. The issues didn't even have the recap about who has the Infinity Stones, because the stones aren't involved at all. Effectively, it was just an excuse for the usually monthly book to double ship for a couple of months.
    But Thanos loses his head in Infinity Wars, not Countdown. The Champions were involved when the conflict was still in space with the ”Chitauri v Fraternity of Raptors v Nova Corps v Pymtron & his Ultron Virus v Galactus” space opera.

The Chitauri were the only other aspect involved, so it could've even taken place before Infinity Countdown began. It was a very loose tie-in.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Marvel is Billing this event more then the other events.With a magazine and a art book coming.Its like there very sure about this

BANNED

So are the No Road Home Avengers off-the-board while the WotR is going on?

Where in the world is Spider-Woman? I need her to be involved in this. She should have been WOTR Strikeforce The Land of Giants or WOTR Strikeforce The War Avengers if you ask me.

No. I think they just haven't been shown so far to avoid spoiling No Road Home's ending, as solicits have already indicated at least one hero won't survive.

We know No Road Home takes place before GOTG #1, and GOTG #2 has Kitty Pryde in it, so that must be before Uncanny X-Men Disassembled. And since the new UXM team are involved in War of the Realms, that means No Road Home ends well before WOTR begins.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    So are the No Road Home Avengers off-the-board while the WotR is going on?

Where in the world is Spider-Woman? I need her to be involved in this. She should have been WOTR Strikeforce The Land of Giants or WOTR Strikeforce The War Avengers if you ask me.
    WOTR Strikeforce The Land of Giants is already a New Avengers reunion so Jessica should have shown up there. Missed opportunity

NONE of the Daughters of Liberty have been seen in WOTR solicits yet, right? Perhaps Jess is busy in Captain America's tie-in.

NONE of the Daughters of Liberty have been seen in WOTR solicits yet, right? Perhaps Jess is busy in Captain America's tie-in.
    At very least, Sue is in the F4 tie-in.

BANNED

No. I think they just haven't been shown so far to avoid spoiling No Road Home's ending, as solicits have already indicated at least one hero won't survive.

We know No Road Home takes place before GOTG #1, and GOTG #2 has Kitty Pryde in it, so that must be before Uncanny X-Men Disassembled. And since the new UXM team are involved in War of the Realms, that means No Road Home ends well before WOTR begins.
    Well given No Road Home won’t conclude for 10 (?) weeks, I don’t know how they could possibly keep their involvement in the War of Realms a secret.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    WOTR Strikeforce The Land of Giants is already a New Avengers reunion so Jessica should have shown up there. Missed opportunity
    My thoughts exactly. Spider-Woman would be perfect for the team, and help to balance out the male ratio. She has such a great dynamic with Spidey and I’d love to see her interacting with Cap and Wolverine again.
    Mockingbird and/or Jessica Jones would have been good too.

If Captain America himself is available for WotR I can’t see why the Daughters of Liberty wouldn’t be available.

Did you miss the part where I said it would be his tie-in?