Page 40 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Punisher attempting to tackle a Frost Giant. Uh huh.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Oh, I see. I forgot about when he first met Angela and the other angels.
    what's even more worrisome is that Jane is supposed to be the hero of WotR according to Thor's granddaughters.

I can already see Thor on the floor helpless while Jane either beats or talks with Malekith how to be a better person.
    Last edited by GodThor; 04-05-2019 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    what's even more worrisome is that Jane is supposed to be the hero of WotR according to Thor's granddaughters.
    That means nothing. She was fighting the War of the Realms throughout her run. The characters don’t know it is also the name of a Marvel Event.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    remember, one Frost Giant was somehow enough to hold Thor down physically while Malekith cut off his arm.
    Last edited by GodThor; 04-05-2019 at 10:24 AM.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Honestly, I guess he'll tackle a lot of them or, at least, a couple.

Extraordinary Member

remember, one Frost Giant was somehow enough to hold Thor down physically while Malekith cut off his arm.
    I mean, Thor was also severely depressed...

Eh, I'm just trying to have fun now. The creative teams are clearly doing their thing, the visuals are amazing, and I think Loki's "death" managed to be reasonably shocking without being too over the top.

Aaron knows that we know these story beats.

I'm glad that someone likes everything what Aaron does.

I wish I have that mind.

and I'm not joking.

now, I'll sit back quietly and wait for Thor to lose more limbs and eyes due to depression LoL.

I can already see Thor on the floor helpless while Jane either beats or talks with Malekith how to be a better person.
    The granddaughters also met her just after she was depowered and tried to talk about one of her exploits... which, whoops, she hasn't done yet. Jane isn't done as a superhero and will likely regain powers before the event ends. Maybe as a Valkyrie? Would explain why there's no art for the recently announced comic called that yet - it not starring Brunnhilde would definitely be spoiled by any art.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The granddaughters also met her just after she was depowered and tried to talk about one of her exploits... which, whoops, she hasn't done yet. Jane isn't done as a superhero and will likely regain powers before the event ends. Maybe as a Valkyrie? Would explain why there's no art for the recently announced comic called that yet - it not starring Brunnhilde would definitely be spoiled by any art.
    I really hope not.

I would rather flesh out Brunnhilde's character over the Imposter any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Given that her cancer has gone into remission and she's much healthier, to the point that her hair is even growing back and she's actively fighting in the War of the Realms, I could see her being given a hammer of her own to become the Goddess of Thunder again though with a new name.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    I have been wondering if the dead will actually play a big part in this story. We know for example that Valkyrie will be important, and Hela has clearly been set up for key role. At some point maybe both Odin and Loki may end up back on the battlefield. However, this could also serve as a means of resolving Odin’s story. Clearly there is a lot of unresolved and unrevealled Odin story still to come. Both Thor and then Avengers have spent time setting this up. Much like Fear Itself, much of the context for the event has been Odin focused.

I see this potentially going one of two ways. Either he dies once and for all, or there is a clear and conclusive reconciliation with Freyja, leading to a dual monarchy. The relationship with Freyja does feel key thematically.

Underlying this on a mythic level is the way the Vanir come into this story. Early on there was an emphasis on the Odin Freyja union being about ending the old war, and their split has ultimately brought us here, to total war. Also, on a feminist level the relationship represents a state of conflict and repression, with Odin struggling to understand the importance of his marriage to his power. Some mythologists connect the Vanir to magic and suggest Odin wields this power because of their union. Either way the Vanir will probably need rescuing and bringing to the table, to help win this war, and their ultimate fate seems again to be tied to this marriage.
    I’ve read the War of the Realms prelude TPB, and other factors that seem to be overhanging here are that Jane Foster will take a big part in this, and, Thor getting back his hammer seems to be another element. There are a few others, but they are less important. I do think your comments on it being an Odin story to be quite significant here.

A really big impression I got was the Millenial feel of the female Thor (Jane Foster) being awkward at the time, and how Marvel disposed of it. Odin didn’t like it, but Freya certainly strongly made it happen, and I would like to see why Freya created Jane Thor, as a relationship statement against Odin. The way the hammer reacted that even Odin, its owner, couldn’t lift it, needs resolution some time.

And why this new baby, (or young girl as she’s being shown in this event), by Odin and Freya? Why was she brought into the pantheon of Norse gods? And another thing, Angela the god of Angels - why did this mysterious Thor sibling suddenly emerge out obscurity, and what is her role in the Pantheon?
    Last edited by jackolover; 04-05-2019 at 07:58 PM.

Odin is better off dead.

him getting butchered like this...

he doesn't deserve more.

give the Odinforce to Thor so we can be done with butchering.
    I don’t think Odin can be butchered. I don’t know why Odin didn’t melt those female stabbers right there and then. Freya didn’t get stabbed, so why did Odin?

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Once conventional forces get involved, it should start going very badly for Malekith's forces. We know from Simonson's run that even small arms do just fine for killing fire demons/goblins from Muspellheim, from more recent sources that they do for trolls as well, and there's no reason to think that wouldn't be true for dark elves as well or that you don't just need to move up to heavier ordnance to do for frost giants. SHIELD may be defunct but someone probably still has the keys to where they warehoused the old anti-kaiju weapons, and you can also redirect Sentinels to go after frost giants instead of mutants... though really tank shells and cruise missiles should do just fine without those. Really, they hardly need the heroes, depending on the absolute numbers of Malekith's troops.
    I thought most of the mutants were in another dimension right now, and only Cyclops and Wolverine were on the ground. But WOR does feel like Hel invading Earth, something that seems familiar to a Secret Wars 2015 mini-series involving the mutants and Hel demons, and that didn’t end well. I think one demon Lordess was replaced by another in that, but the mutants were decimated.

I haven’t seen the Scarlet Witch yet, though. Dr Strange seemed to think he could reverse things, but we have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    I am not so sure. First I was convinced Odin and Freyja would need to reconcile and rule together, then I was convinced Odin would die as a final sacrifice, then with this I am back to some form of reconciliation. Either he more formally recognises Freyja and then dies, in other words not a sacrifice play but more of a outworking of his destiny, or he sticks around to rule with Freyja.

I am almost certain we will not get an All-Father Thor whatever happens. That could only happen now if Freyja died. It would be a little like if Mary II had outlived William III she would have remained the monarch.

Because Odin Abdicated in favour of Freyja, Odin can only truly be All-Father again if it is constitutionally decided that he is a king in his own right. Otherwise he would be seen as a king solely through marriage. Thor can only be all-Father if both of his parents die if they end up ruling together or do so before Odin dies.
    The scene opens in WOR with Odin craving a deep sleep, which he can’t get. I am thinking Odin will end up in the Odinsleep after this?

Ikr

a mortal human who just miraculously got cured of cancer is killing Angels.
    I really wonder why Freya chose cancer-ridden Jane Foster to be Thor? Why this imagery, and was there a heroes journey involved in this Female Thor exercise?