Page 49 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

btw, I just read Journey into Mystery.

wow they really do dare to attack an Elder Goddess.

I wonder who can do a better job at protecting the baby than Earth Mother herself...
    Last edited by GodThor; 04-11-2019 at 04:39 AM.

Making Thor relatable was the point of Thor in the 60's, when it was the third most popular Marvel property. He was more like us than the other Gods. People do not want to read about characters they can't relate to at all just because they're aliens or gods with power. You can have them be that, but people need to understand them if they want to follow them. MCU Thor became more popular when they let him enjoy himself and then had do whatever it took to avenge his family. Like, emotions we can feel and stuff.

Having them do normal person things can be fine for a while, but can go too far. Oklahoma Thor was nice for a while, then got really grating by Fraction, to the point I was glad it was destroyed during God of Thunder when it's a pretty sad story. They should've left it after Siege.

Also, he did have a normal job in an office for the first 20 years of his existence and then Simonson had him do normal guy construction.

And Balder is a babysitter now.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I haven't decided which tie-ins to read (besides Avengers, which I'm getting anyway, and War Scrolls because of Daredevil). I'd love it if I could find out what is essential, but I know there's no incentive to give a completely honest answer.
    Just Thor #12, #13, and #14. It's Jason's story and there and the event are where he's telling it. I don't even think his Avengers will be very relevant to the event as much as it will be a platform to seed future Avengers stuff.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

at least Jane won't be a Valkyrie which she won't be able to be the best Valkyrie there is.

AotG basically confirmed that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    In all seriousness, how?

Thor is a guy who constantly moans about the loss of his weapon. Odin and Frigga argue about their responsibilities as King and Queen, and how to deal with invasions from other worlds, while half of what Loki does is because of what the stories 'make him do'.
    One thing about loki, he is the trickster god, it’s almost like that’s all he does or can do: deceive people. Can’t seem to stop himself.Can never be trusted. Which makes it harder to get behind him as a character. Thor as a game of thrones analogy.
    Last edited by protege; 04-11-2019 at 07:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    btw, I just read Journey into Mystery.

wow they really do dare to attack an Elder Goddess.

I wonder who can do a better job at protecting the baby than Earth Mother herself...
    You consistently overestimate who this Gaea is. She is almost entirely focused on the Earth, she is a nurturing figure, she isn’t a fighter or anything like the Elder Goddess of old. She hasn’t been that for a long while. She is unlikely to be a major power in the Marvel Universe. I think back to Chaos War, where she was probably last pivotal, and what she effectively did there was unlock the power of Hercules, that kind of mystical thing is probably going to remain the height of her effectiveness. She may or may not have a part to play in this story, but protecting a baby from the combined forces of the Realms is not her part.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 04-12-2019 at 12:33 AM.

I guess the only time when she actually does something is when she wants to have sex with someone.
    Last edited by GodThor; 04-11-2019 at 11:42 AM.

[QUOTE=Snoop Dogg;4300645]
    And Balder is a babysitter now.
    I read a description of that book and saw a preview...not really crazy about how they seem to be handling Asgardians in that book.

Having read Journey into Mystery, we never get any kind of explanation as to why Deathlocket is helping the heroes. Aside from her not being the timid girl she was back in Avengers Arena, this doesn’t really line up with her previous characterization where she basically chose Zemo’s side and didn’t seem to regret her choice. So why is she basically jumping to help the heroes when they show up at her doorstep?

She's clearly in need of some friends. She was living with a bunch of Life Model Decoys and calling them her family!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Having read Journey into Mystery, we never get any kind of explanation as to why Deathlocket is helping the heroes. Aside from her not being the timid girl she was back in Avengers Arena, this doesn’t really line up with her previous characterization where she basically chose Zemo’s side and didn’t seem to regret her choice. So why is she basically jumping to help the heroes when they show up at her doorstep?
    To get the Emmy, Zemo went full Hydra. You never go full Hydra.

https://www.cbr.com/war-of-the-realm...-america-thor/

I don't know if it's funny or sad that Malekiths Great Army is getting stomped like peanut through butter.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, I am having trouble buying that all the superheros are having with this, especially once evacuations wind down.

Also, good for New York to have evacuation points LOL

That is so sad.

BANNED

That exchange between Logan and Frank is pure gold.

Can't wait for this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/war-of-the-realm...-america-thor/

I don't know if it's funny or sad that Malekiths Great Army is getting stomped like peanut through butter.
    With all the different doggies around, i’m surprised we didn’t get a pet avengers tie in for this event.