Page 5 of 85 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    Well at last the war of the realms breaks out in the mu.this has had more of a build up than any recent storyline I can remember except for Secret Empire. wonder if Aaron can capture a true LOFTR like epic feel for this event or will it fizzle out like the Mangog and war thor arc. more often than not the wars end up being little more than assorted skirmishes in the mu like the kree-skrull war secret war civil wars etc. let's hope this lives up to its billing. will be fun to watch how this invasion of creatures from Norse mythology unfolds when compared to fear itself and to malekiths previous attempts to conquer the realms using the casket of ancient winters. the wild hunt begins!
    I don't know, the set up for this has bee around since before Secret Wars got started. I'd say that this has the potential to be THE big event.

And I'm happy.

I felt like Marvel was directionless for the past year, so seeing all these threads in all the books come together is amazing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I don't know, the set up for this has bee around since before Secret Wars got started. I'd say that this has the potential to be THE big event.

And I'm happy.

I felt like Marvel was directionless for the past year, so seeing all these threads in all the books come together is amazing.
    I meant to say that it came the closest to the war of realm storyline in matter of building up a story not that it surpassed it. It does seem that the mu has started becoming more coherent and is starting to be increasingly intricately connected. let's see if they can keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    That teaser image is awesome. If seeing Cap riding a Pegasus and a cosmic powered, sword-wielding Daredevil doesn't get you giddy for what Aaron and Dauterman have in store, you might be a little dead inside. Looks like crazy fun.
    Cap on a Pegasus is cool, although Daredevil just looks a little weird.

Not too much of a fan of how She-Hulk looks or Sif being so in the background there. And Valkyrie and Freyja looking so alike.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    Well at last the war of the realms breaks out in the mu.this has had more of a build up than any recent storyline I can remember except for Secret Empire. wonder if Aaron can capture a true LOFTR like epic feel for this event or will it fizzle out like the Mangog and war thor arc. more often than not the wars end up being little more than assorted skirmishes in the mu like the kree-skrull war secret war civil wars etc. let's hope this lives up to its billing. will be fun to watch how this invasion of creatures from Norse mythology unfolds when compared to fear itself and to malekiths previous attempts to conquer the realms using the casket of ancient winters. the wild hunt begins!
    I always thought the Kang war showed a great world conflict

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Jane as Thor has her fans. I'm sure some writers will be very happy to use her. Though with every issue she appears, I grow more worried that she'll die or something.

One character I'm surprised to not see here at all is Loki. I mean, I know it's a heavy roster already, but still.
    These are the heroes. Loki is, believe it or not, a villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They're both there because of their roles in Avengers.
    T'Challa is more of a Given because he is leading the Avengers, Okoye? More surprised there. I think T'Challa could have a big role given the FCB with Odin Having his chat with Tchalla

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Cap on a Pegasus is cool, although Daredevil just looks a little weird.

Not too much of a fan of how She-Hulk looks or Sif being so in the background there. And Valkyrie and Freyja looking so alike.
    I'm kind of behind keeping up with DD but Wasn't Daredevil on a horse and wielding a sword in one of his recent arc?
    Last edited by Tofali; 11-17-2018 at 02:30 PM.

So what are the realms? Who are the villains?
    The J-man

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    So what are the realms? Who are the villains?
    The main villain is Malekith and for the ten realms http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Glossary:Ten_Realms

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    I'm waiting more for Amora, and also, I can't understand the fact that probably Lorelei and Sigurd will not be there too. Also Sylvie Lushton for the fact of being lost in one of the ten realms but waiting for a writer able to remember this ... not a chance for sure.
    I want all my "asgardian" girls in this event: Leah, Angela, Sylvie (not asgardian at all lmao) and Amora!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by bomaya View Post
    These are the heroes. Loki is, believe it or not, a villain.
    He's an antihero, but this last Avengers issue confirms that he isn't a straight up villain.

I'm looking forward to this!

Oh, it's NOT the war of the real Ms?

Never mind, then.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    T'Challa is more of a Given because he is leading the Avengers, Okoye? More surprised there. I think T'Challa could have a big role given the FCB with Odin Having his chat with Tchalla
    Okoye is one of the Agents of Wakanda, aka the Secret Avengers. The team's existence was revealed in this week's issue 10 of Avengers, and the full team will be in focus in issue 12.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Okoye is one of the Agents of Wakanda, aka the Secret Avengers. The team's existence was revealed in this week's issue 10 of Avengers, and the full team will be in focus in issue 12.
    Was that in the last back up story bit?

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Was that in the last back up story bit?
    Gorilla Man appeared briefly in a couple pages in the issue and Wasp took up the last few psges recruiting Blade to the main team where they referred to as "agent van dyne". The team will consist of wasp, gorilla man, kazar, okoye and odin. So I'm guessing first 3 will appear in this event too.