Page 51 of 85 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    The bolded is why I don't think they need individual threads. If there were a lot of talk about them, then they would be needed. The tie-in threads may end up getting buried on later pages if there are few responses to them.

^^^^^^^ co-signed.

If people wanted to talk about the tie-ins nothing is stoping them
    The J-man

Single character ones like Punisher, and New Agents of Atlas, can just be discussed in their own appreciation threads. Anything else can just go here.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    The bolded is why I don't think they need individual threads. If there were a lot of talk about them, then they would be needed. The tie-in threads may end up getting buried on later pages if there are few responses to them.
    Problem there is that there’s usually no discussion on much of anything that comes out period because there’s never spoiler discussion topics. The fact that this topic is for the event as a whole, it’s pretty easy for smaller parts of it to get overshadowed which in turn would lead to few responses. Having one big thread for an event as a whole just isn’t productive or efficient for the moving parts of it.

if someone really wants to start a discussion they can simply broach it or if they feel that strongly about a tie in they can make a thread about it. The fact that someone hasn't in itself tells me everything
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    if someone really wants to start a discussion they can simply broach it or if they feel that strongly about a tie in they can make a thread about it. The fact that someone hasn't in itself tells me everything
    By that same logic no one feels the need to discuss much of anything that comes out weekly outside of the Spider-Man and X-Men sections. Frankly, since the forum was reset people in this section seem to rarely make any kind of topics to discuss the issues which easily results in walking into spoilers for an issue simply because you walked into a topic even so much as relating to the character who appeared in an issue which turns a thread into a landmine and is inefficient for any actual discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    By that same logic no one feels the need to discuss much of anything that comes out weekly outside of the Spider-Man and X-Men sections. Frankly, since the forum was reset people in this section seem to rarely make any kind of topics to discuss the issues which easily results in walking into spoilers for an issue simply because you walked into a topic even so much as relating to the character who appeared in an issue which turns a thread into a landmine and is inefficient for any actual discussion.
    the forums lost some users and more people talk about comics on twitter now, but I respectfully disagree. When certain users want to talk about certain issues those threads are made. I've done it for the Terrifics and Justice League Odyssey and one to two issues of this current Avengers run (I think we have a general thread for it now, but I could be wrong). I'm just saying I think its silly to debate whether to make a thread or not. If someone believes a separate thread about tie-ins should be made or wants to discuss something specific just go and make the thread. If no one wants to talk about it the thread will get buried. Therefore, the fact that no one is taking the initiative in making those threads, even the ones calling for them, suggests they really don't want/need them or that there isn't enough discussion to be had warranting its own separate thread. If I read a tie-in and thought was amazing and wanted to discuss certain elements or just revel in the excitement I received from the issue you better believe I'd make a thread if no one else did.
    The J-man

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Big losses in issue #2.
    spoilers:
    The valkyrior, lead by Odin who survived the assassination attempt, are slain apparently to a woman as Doctor Strange's spell of evacuation teleports all Manhattan-based Midgardians to Avengers Mountain including the superheroes, as well as Odin, Freyja, Sif, and Hildegarde. Without their support Brunnhilde and her sisters are massacred by Malekith's forces, with the last page showing Malekith running a sword through her, followed by bloody a SHNNK sound effect.
    end of spoilers
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Big losses in issue #2.
    spoilers:
    The valkyrior, lead by Odin who survived the assassination attempt, are slain apparently to a woman as Doctor Strange's spell of evacuation teleports all Manhattan-based Midgardians to Avengers Mountain including the superheroes, as well as Odin, Freyja, Sif, and Hildegarde. Without their support Brunnhilde and her sisters are massacred by Malekith's forces, with the last page showing Malekith running a sword through her, followed by bloody a SHNNK sound effect.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Makes me wonder if someone new possesses Brunnhilde's spirit (Jane?) and that leads into the new ongoing.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    Makes me wonder if someone new possesses Brunnhilde's spirit (Jane?) and that leads into the new ongoing.
    end of spoilers
    pls no fam.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Big losses in issue #2.
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Does that mean Annabelle Riggs is dead?
    end of spoilers

And I think we can safely say Asgardians of the Galaxy is cancelled.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Alright, first issue was solid, this one just kicked ass. I'd roll this one into a blunt. Interested to see where that ending's gonna go later on.

Scumbag snakes are the real MVP, though.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

I know it was an accident but what a shitty move, the Valkyries arrived as support for Midgard and they were immediately left alone to die with no one from Midgard to help them.

Mighty Member

This thread is for the Tie-ins for War of the Realms. Know it will end in June If you want to us it this is the place for it. Just the Tie-ins like Venom or the Fantastic four

Mighty Member

Can the Mods place this somewhere in a forum.I didn't mean it for it to go here

Spectacular issue. Loved every panel, and every word. Same goes for Thor #12 which was just stunning. The pacing of the main threads in this story is masterful so far. The horror of the war is palpable in a way we haven’t seen for a long time in event books.