Page 54 of 85 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Actually, mini wolvie was one of the better elements of that book. His realisation that there is a thing called death was an excellent sub-plot.
    I'm sure it was well received, but it's not to my taste

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    I'm sure it was well received, but it's not to my taste
    It wasn’t a great book IMO, but having read it anyway I am pointing out that what may have looked like a negative was actually one of the better realised elements of the book for me.

Astonishing Member

It wasn’t a great book IMO, but having read it anyway I am pointing out that what may have looked like a negative was actually one of the better realised elements of the book for me.
    I just find those kind of designs quite disconnecting unless they are in a genuine funny book comic where everything fits in with it

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Tessa Valk already exists. She was a member of the Exiles, and that book ended with the team still active. They have a base in 616, at Blink's home.
    While that’s true, I don’t really think that version of the team was high enough priority for it to be acknowledged outside its own bubble.

Actually, mini wolvie was one of the better elements of that book. His realisation that there is a thing called death was an excellent sub-plot.
    I think that’s pretty subjective. He could’ve been the heart but I found the way he was used to be annoying and the worst part of the book.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I really think that Malekith is going to suffer mightily by the end of WotR. I don't think he's going to get off easy whatsoever. I eagerly look forward to seeing what just punishment is visited on him.
    That’s the dream.

Sadly it will change nothing. The dead elf children will still be dead. However many people the rapist Angels slaughtered on that airliner will not come back to life.

We will add the thousands that died in this latest crossover to the multitude who die every couple of years when such events occurr, and thanks God we don’t live in the Marvel universe for real.

It’s a horrible nightmare place.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    That’s the dream.

Sadly it will change nothing. The dead elf children will still be dead. However many people the rapist Angels slaughtered on that airliner will not come back to life.

We will add the thousands that died in this latest crossover to the multitude who die every couple of years when such events occurr, and thanks God we don’t live in the Marvel universe for real.

It’s a horrible nightmare place.
    You aren't far off there.

I mean alien invasions, mystical invasions, terrorist invasions, robot invasions...when is the Earth not being invaded?

BANNED

Enjoyed the first 2 issues. First event in a while I'm going to read. Will even be getting some of the tie-ins for this.

Mighty Member

Well put. Although because Thor has been separated with no apparent way home, there is a possibility he will undergo a series of trials and learn a number of lessons, allowing him to understand what and who he is, because at the heart of his conundrum is an identity crisis, and they are always a good excuse for a road movie.
    Thanks. I don't think there will be one big "a ha" moment, but as you put it, a series of trials. I think there Odinson will be expecting his worthiness to be restored after he wins this huge War of the Realms, and will be cast low when he realizes it hasn't. That will lead to his realization that he has been approaching it the wrong way, and begin his road home. I could see it being a literal road home adventure, where he plays a role in reestablishing Asgard and finding his place in it and more importantly his place on Earth. Those are my guesses anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    Thanks. I don't think there will be one big "a ha" moment, but as you put it, a series of trials. I think there Odinson will be expecting his worthiness to be restored after he wins this huge War of the Realms, and will be cast low when he realizes it hasn't. That will lead to his realization that he has been approaching it the wrong way, and begin his road home. I could see it being a literal road home adventure, where he plays a role in reestablishing Asgard and finding his place in it and more importantly his place on Earth. Those are my guesses anyway.
    I'm...oddly reminded of that plot from Thundercats where Lion-O needed to overcome several trials to prove he was worthy to lead the Thundercats .

I could use a refresher- why is roxxon involved with the asgardians enemies? Nice to see Odin battling in earth- and that winged tiger needs to stick around once this is over.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Today's comics have a two-page spread showing how Midgard is divvied up into the various kingdoms of Malekith and his allies. I was surprised to see Southeast Asia included in Ulik's Australian kingdom rather than Sindr's New Muspelheim in Asia, since Agents of Atlas articles state that Wave from the Philippines will join Amadeus Cho's team to battle Sindr. And Hainan island, China's southernmost province, is with Ulik too.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Today's comics have a two-page spread showing how Midgard is divvied up into the various kingdoms of Malekith and his allies. I was surprised to see Southeast Asia included in Ulik's Australian kingdom rather than Sindr's New Muspelheim in Asia, since Agents of Atlas articles state that Wave from the Philippines will join Amadeus Cho's team to battle Sindr. And Hainan island, China's southernmost province, is with Ulik too.
    Sounds like someone got the national borders wrong then.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I could use a refresher- why is roxxon involved with the asgardians enemies? Nice to see Odin battling in earth- and that winged tiger needs to stick around once this is over.
    Roxxon allied with Malekith to be able to exploit the resources of the Ten Realms. Things like oil rigs in the swamps of the dark elves.

wait who gets the moon
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate