Page 55 of 85 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member

So far so good. Really enjoy seeing Malekith.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    The Spider-Man/Wolverine team is back .

Mighty Member

Man, Jane is really letting that All Mother promotion go to her head, she's barking out orders and taking command of the whole war effort. Is she even qualified to be leading this war? I don't think I'll ever understand how a supporting side character who was an on again off again love interest essentially became the center of the Thor mythos. It just blows the mind.

Nice to see the panthertron hulk buster again

just saw the preview and saw Jane calling herself All Mother while barking orders and carrying Gungnir.

Aaron is the worst Thor writer in history.

and some people wonder why I dropped Thor comics recently.
    Last edited by GodThor; 04-26-2019 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    Thanks. I don't think there will be one big "a ha" moment, but as you put it, a series of trials. I think there Odinson will be expecting his worthiness to be restored after he wins this huge War of the Realms, and will be cast low when he realizes it hasn't. That will lead to his realization that he has been approaching it the wrong way, and begin his road home. I could see it being a literal road home adventure, where he plays a role in reestablishing Asgard and finding his place in it and more importantly his place on Earth. Those are my guesses anyway.
    I definitely agree that his connection to Midgard is going to be crucial. Intriguingly we know he has a new status quo at the end of this event, but as you suggest, we won’t necessarily see the key triumphant moment in this event. Which reminds me of the number of times I said pretty much this about Unworthy Thor, where so many insisted he was getting Mjolnir back and I kept pointing out that it’s not going to be that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Man, Jane is really letting that All Mother promotion go to her head, she's barking out orders and taking command of the whole war effort. Is she even qualified to be leading this war? I don't think I'll ever understand how a supporting side character who was an on again off again love interest essentially became the center of the Thor mythos. It just blows the mind.
    She was a member of the Avengers, who Sam Wilson tried to put in charge when he wanted to step down after quitting being Captain America. She put her helmet on him and whacked some sense into him! She basically became the team's second in command.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Amazing Member

before going into the... stain on the issue, I do like WoTR #2 much more than #1 (which really seemed like just a basic intro story to the war)... seeing cap, Valkyrie <3, Odin being badass, spidey, punisher, daredevil especially and his expanding role in all this is extremely awesome... to see....*ahem* moving on. Really good moments throughout the issue and the main War of the Realms comic has been much better than many of the tie-ins issues, but we'll see how the new tie-in books for the various teams play out~

Now then... we come to Jane Foster:

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    just saw the preview and saw Jane calling herself All Mother while barking orders and carrying Gungnir.

Aaron is the worst Thor writer in history.

and some people wonder why I dropped Thor comics recently.
    yup, 100% agree.... it's absolutely ridiculous how much aaron has pushed jane into everything thor related after her run as thor. She literally can do no wrong, cannot lose in anything, is always the perfect person for any job and even has 1000s of years old gods going to her for advice and council :/ and what? now she's apparently perfectly capable of strategising and leading armies into active warzone/battles? -_-

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    well, what you need to know is that Jason Aaron is clearly in love with jane foster, so he writes her as the literal best person ever for anything she does or is involved in.

Just ignore Lady Sif, standing RIGHT THERE btw, and give the all-mother mantle to the 30-something year old woman cause of her "wisdom" instead of the legendary and actually worthy asgardian.... cause of course jane > everything -_-

i get you are in love with jane mr. aaron, but you have badly let your affection for the character seep into your writing, affect the thor mythos and it REALLY has soured me on Jane after her good run as femthor.

As for Jane becoming the new Valkyrie, once again she has great design just like her femthor armor... but yet again another character is just thrown under the bus so that jane gets the spotlight, just WHY :/ Brunnhilde deserves a million times more than this spoilers:
    random, weak and absolute garbage death
    end of spoilers, she's an infinitely better and more interesting character than aaron's character pet jane... sigh... i really am so far over aaron on thor and his affect on the mythos. I don't even see why they will bother with Brunnhilde being around for the new Valk comic, isn't Jane Foster already beyond all the gods from her "wisdom" to unmatched skill to being perfect at everything ~_~
    Last edited by voidox; 04-27-2019 at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by voidox View Post
    before going into the... stain on the issue, I do like WoTR #2 much more than #1 (which really seemed like just a basic intro story to the war)... seeing cap, Valkyrie <3, Odin being badass, spidey, punisher, daredevil especially and his expanding role in all this is extremely awesome... to see....*ahem* moving on. Really good moments throughout the issue and the main War of the Realms comic has been much better than many of the tie-ins issues, but we'll see how the new tie-in books for the various teams play out~

Now then... we come to Jane Foster:

yup, 100% agree.... it's absolutely ridiculous how much aaron has pushed jane into everything thor related after her run as thor. She literally can do no wrong, cannot lose in anything, is always the perfect person for any job and even has 1000s of years old gods going to her for advice and council :/ and what? now she's apparently perfectly capable of strategising and leading armies into active warzone/battles? -_-

well, what you need to know is that Jason Aaron is clearly in love with jane foster, so he writes her as the literal best person ever for anything she does or is involved in.

Just ignore Lady Sif, standing RIGHT THERE btw, and give the all-mother mantle to the 30-something year old woman cause of her "wisdom" instead of the legendary and actually worthy asgardian.... cause of course jane > everything -_-

i get you are in love with jane mr. aaron, but you have badly let your affection for the character seep into your writing, affect the thor mythos and it REALLY has soured me on Jane after her good run as femthor.

As for Jane becoming the new Valkyrie, once again she has great design just like her femthor armor... but yet again another character is just thrown under the bus so that jane gets the spotlight, just WHY :/ Brunnhilde deserves a million times more than this spoilers:
    random, weak and absolute garbage death
    end of spoilers, she's an infinitely better and more interesting character than aaron's character pet jane... sigh... i really am so far over aaron on thor and his affect on the mythos. I don't even see why they will bother with Brunnhilde being around for the new Valk comic, isn't Jane Foster already beyond all the gods from her "wisdom" to unmatched skill to being perfect at everything ~_~
    it's pretty clear to me that this is just comedy dressed with pretty art,
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

All-New Member

Is the Squadron Supreme of America members in Avengers #18 brand new characters? I always get confused with the Squadron Supreme.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She was a member of the Avengers, who Sam Wilson tried to put in charge when he wanted to step down after quitting being Captain America. She put her helmet on him and whacked some sense into him! She basically became the team's second in command.
    Not a particularly capable team imo, and Sam had little reason for that choice I felt, she was a brave and powerful holder of mjolnir but that's not the same as being the leader of an army

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Today's comics have a two-page spread showing how Midgard is divvied up into the various kingdoms of Malekith and his allies. I was surprised to see Southeast Asia included in Ulik's Australian kingdom rather than Sindr's New Muspelheim in Asia, since Agents of Atlas articles state that Wave from the Philippines will join Amadeus Cho's team to battle Sindr. And Hainan island, China's southernmost province, is with Ulik too.
    Everyone knows that when you're getting your two extra pieces for holding Australia, you should hold Siam as a buffer. That's just basic strategy.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    wow, all that for a hot second? no kidding, that's an impressive resume! Centuries old war-forged gods really have nothing on this lady.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    wow, all that for a hot second? no kidding, that's an impressive resume! Centuries old war-forged gods really have nothing on this lady.
    let's not underestimate Jane Foster.

everyone knows Mjolnir gives you thousands of years of experience when you lift it.