Page 57 of 85 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    What Iron Man thing got teased?
    Him being Odin's alcohol counselor in February's Thor #10.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I just wanted to forger all about it and I did, why did you have to make remember?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I forgot about that. Thanks.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    What do you think of the exiting idea of a large summer event highlighting the Asgardian characters to a wider audience? Isn’t it exciting to see so much varied and high quality art on a project like this? What about how spectacular Dauterman’s designs look in the Punisher tie-in. Or, how interesting to see Marvel reach out to the RPG podcasting world for input on a fantasy book. Isn’t it refreshing that the Avengers tie-in is it’s own thing, telling a relevant story to that title while also taking advantage of the wider narrative? Isn’t it exciting to see a composed piece of music for a current event? How do we imagine somebody who is new to comics might find this?

I know some of these topics have already been raised but I would love it if people actually talked about the book. It seems a shame to keep being dragged back to issues that were covered in discussions four years ago.
    I just picked up Dauterman's print of the amazing splash page from his website and I cannot wait to pick up the art book (already pre-ordered from Amazon); Gods his art is so amazing, I even got the statue designed from his art. It's the first comic statue I ever bought can't wait to display them all together.

I'm really looking forward to the Punisher Kill Krew Mini and his inclusion in the Savage Avengers. Moreover, I really feel like we are entering a renaissance with magic based characters because of Aaron. The last Thor focused event was Fear Itself, I really hope with Thor's popularity in Endgame we have more of his good humor infused into the books as opposed to a dark and dreary version.

I really wonder if Aaron had some inklings as to what was going to happen in Endgame because his current run is very sympatico with what transpired in the movie (you know what I'm talking about) it could have been a splash page from War of The Realms.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 04-28-2019 at 07:21 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm...oddly reminded of that plot from Thundercats where Lion-O needed to overcome several trials to prove he was worthy to lead the Thundercats .
    I'm often reminded of Thundercats... Cheetara had a BIG impact on young me and led me on a journey that ended in some major character growth.
    Lion-O is cool and all but... Panthro ftw.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    What do you think of the exiting idea of a large summer event highlighting the Asgardian characters to a wider audience? Isn’t it exciting to see so much varied and high quality art on a project like this? What about how spectacular Dauterman’s designs look in the Punisher tie-in. Or, how interesting to see Marvel reach out to the RPG podcasting world for input on a fantasy book. Isn’t it refreshing that the Avengers tie-in is it’s own thing, telling a relevant story to that title while also taking advantage of the wider narrative? Isn’t it exciting to see a composed piece of music for a current event? How do we imagine somebody who is new to comics might find this?

I know some of these topics have already been raised but I would love it if people actually talked about the book. It seems a shame to keep being dragged back to issues that were covered in discussions four years ago.
    I wonder at what point does it go from just not liking a character/story to something else? I can't imagine reading something I don't like for years on end.

Dauterman... wow. He's SO GOOD. He strikes such a perfect balance of making amazing standalone images that would make great prints and toys while also delivering emotion, atmosphere and tone. There aren't many who can do a splash page and a conversation equally well but he's fantastic at both imo.

I love how the tie ins have been handled so far. In general I prefer the tie ins be stand alone books that don't interrupt ongoing series, but in this case I appreciate lesser known books and characters getting involved. Bringing more eyes onto properties other than the MCU-verse is a good thing imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    I'm often reminded of Thundercats... Cheetara had a BIG impact on young me and led me on a journey that ended in some major character growth.
    Lion-O is cool and all but... Panthro ftw.
    I'm a Lion-O fan .

(Random somewhat relevant Thor trivia - Erica Lindbeck voiced Jane Foster Thor on Avengers Assemble and will be the new voice of Cheetara and Wilykit in the new cartoony Thundercats Roar cartoon).

Mighty Member

I'm a Lion-O fan .

(Random somewhat relevant Thor trivia - Erica Lindbeck voiced Jane Foster Thor on Avengers Assemble and will be the new voice of Cheetara and Wilykit in the new cartoony Thundercats Roar cartoon).
    Nice! I'm still hoping for that long-rumored live action movie. Or Neflix show, I'm not picky.

I'm a Lion-O fan .

She wasn't called Thor there though. The cartoon writers made an incorrect guess at her new identity - they called her Thunderstrike.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

deleted reply

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She wasn't called Thor there though. The cartoon writers made an incorrect guess at her new identity - they called her Thunderstrike.
    Sounds less like an incorrect guess and more like an homage to Eric Masterson.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Sounds less like an incorrect guess and more like an homage to Eric Masterson.
    At the time many were using it as evidence that this was where Jane would end up. This failed to take into account that the cartoons were just trying to tell a relatively short story and were not really that bothered about what was actually going on in the comics. They just wanted to use Jane wielding a magic hammer because that's pretty cool. So yes, they probably just looked around for other appropriate names they could use while doing their other job of protecting their IP.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

From reading WotR #3 and Strikeforce the Dark Elf Realm #1 it appears the tie-ins have to be read in parallel to the lead title, because the first page of the former that is not in the preview (Luke Cage throwing back a Frost Giant arrow) follows developments in the latter. That said,
    spoilers:
    I am surprised that Aaron writes She-Hulk's speech patterns in WotR as grammatically correct, reverting to her more intelligent self while the Dark Elf Realm writer Bryan Hill has her talking in classic Hulk-speak with broken English.
    end of spoilers

Also,
    spoilers:
    fans of Marvel UK are going to be disappointed and/or outraged that Malekith took down MI-13 off-panel with ease in London, with Union Jack, Spitfire, and Black Knight bloody and lying on the street, though Dane Whitman is shown to be still alive.
    end of spoilers
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

spoilers:
    Malekith stabbed Venom with the Ebony Blade and then Venom disappeared.

The narration specifically mentioned how the Ebony Blade was forged by Merlin out of an ore from space. And then Malekith communicated with Venom's Symbiote and learned about Knull.

My guess is that the combination of Ebony Blade and Venom is about to create a new Necrosword
    end of spoilers

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

At least Thor had an hell of a badass moment by the end of WotR #3!