Page 61 of 85 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think one of them was his biological mother, one of them was the mother that raised them, and I think another was one of Odin's lovers? It was a weird time .
    Idunn, keeper of the Apples that give Asgardians their immortality. She's kinda important to their society.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I get the impression that Frank is there so that Freyja has someone she can count on to A) understand that she's embracing the darkness to win, and defend that decision, and B) put her down like a dog if it goes too far, and she becomes a threat...

And yeah, I love the idea of merging Frigga with Freya, to make one more relevant goddess from the two of myth. (And don't give a hoot about being accurate to the original stories, since the original stories had Thor married to Sif, with sons Magni and Modi, who don't even exist in the Marvel Universe, along with various other Asgardians like Ran and Bragi and Ullr and Sol and Skadi, or those who are mostly ignored, like Tyr or Idunn or Loki's wife Sigyn.) Throwing some seithr/seidr magic into the mix is cool, I always wondered why none of the Asgardians on the side of Asgard (other than Loki or Amora, who usually aren't on the side of Asgard...) practiced magic, whether seithr or runes or whatever.

In fact, it could be a bit of a surprise to find out that, just like in the real world, there might be humans who practice seithr, and that, in the Marvel Universe, Freyja is their patron and can call upon their workings.
    Well we could make an entire thread about the Frigga Freyja thing. I actually wrote a bit about this in my post but deleted it because it was way off topic. I agree wholeheartedly though. We don’t need Marvel to tell the myths. We have those. This was something Fraction fell into, leading to some decidedly non-canonical minis.

What I want from Freyja is evidence of her magical past, an acknowledgment that this makes her powerful in her own right, and a recognition that the Aesir would be enemies if not for the alliance brought by her marriage. Otherwise we have an Odin who can just lord it over everyone, which is less interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Idunn, keeper of the Apples that give Asgardians their immortality. She's kinda important to their society.
    do they even have a use anymore LoL???

they were destroyed iirc.
    Last edited by GodThor; 05-04-2019 at 07:57 AM.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Don't forget, Squirrel Girl (with Ratatoskr the Asgardian squirrel god) is involved in this!

EXCLUSIVE PREVIEW: Doreen’s Our Only Hope in UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL #44
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    He was brought back in the Contest of Champions book just after Secret Wars where he was summoned to Battlerealm to be a fighter. Once that ended, he remained alive as a member of the Champions of Europe and showed up again during Secret Empire when Hydra tried to take over Europe as well.
    I thought that wasn't cannon wasn't Contest of Champions based on a mobile game?
    Last edited by charliehustle415; 05-03-2019 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I thought that wasn't cannon was Contest of Champions based on a mobile game?
    It was based on the mobile game in the same way that Marvel will tend to have a story arc/event that has similar themes to a movie release. But it was canon.

Yeah, the comic was more of a spin-off from the Secret Wars event than anything.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Last part of issue three, very cool

Liked everything from this week. I think "Strikeforce the Dark Elf Realm" was the best.

She hulk is being written rather oddly; sometimes she talks like Jen Walters, sometimes she talks like hulk.

Shouldn't that depend on whether she's Hulked out or not?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Shouldn't that depend on whether she's Hulked out or not?
    Yeah, but in issue 3, she was hulked out all the time.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Agents of Atlas was pretty great, all though slightly rushed.

I liked the pear speech. What a good ensemble cast of lads and lasses.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Picked up the second issue of JiM today. Not a lot to say if I'm being honest. The McElroys still have a long way to go in order to write a good comic. There's a few too many cooks in the kitchen, and their chemistry together in audio format doesn't translate well into a script. Also, while I appreciate the superhero road trip angle of the series the fact that it ties into an event doesn't really help. A lot of the humor is supposed to come from the heroes taking care of the baby, but it doesn't really pair well with the art. Being familiar with their work as well as their personalities I can understand, and reason away some issues but it's just not that good of a comic book. I don't wanna write it off completely yet, but I'm hesitant to come back for issue 3.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.